blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:06:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Pokerstars.com EPT Warsaw: Day 1B - Interactive
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars.com EPT Warsaw: Day 1B - Interactive  (Read 37949 times)
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2008, 07:32:21 PM »

A picture with stuff for everyone... Liz Lieu seat one, the lovely Freda massaging seat two, Trond talking to mate Stephan Kjerstad in four... and the back of Mike Leah's head.  Don't tell me I never snap norkage (of whatever sorts I'm asked for...)

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2008, 07:56:05 PM »

Pascal Perrault is OUT.

Mads Andersen calls a button raise from the big blind, the flop comes out T-9-2, Mads bets 1,050. The button thinks, "I know what you're doing," and raises to 3,000. Mads thinks for a bit, perhaps in his head saying, "I know you think you know what I'm doing, but what you think you know is actually wrong, and what you should be thinking, is that I was actually doing was very strong. Please fold." Mads makes it 9,050. The button folds.

Raul Mestre is doing very well indeed, he's just busted Kings with Fives all-in on a 7-5-3 flop.

Andy Black's shoutiness is catching, Mike Leah is now yelling a little on his table too, but only because he just had from the cutoff against the short-stacked big blind's

The mere rumour of a flush draw failing to hit on a three diamonds board

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2008, 07:56:58 PM »

This is the official mascotty type thing of the tournament. Can anyone give me an advance on Spiderbear?

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2008, 08:00:02 PM »

All-in-tastic Half Hour just gone here,

Starting with Soren Jensen, who was involved in a threeway all-in on a flop of two hearts.  I think it's Max Tobias Persson, the winner of the double takedown, but everyone's so jumbled around now it's hard to trust in our original seating plans.  Let's just say it is.
Persson:    for two pair
Jensen:    for the nut flush draw plus a possibly-irrelevant gutshot
Out-and-previously-shortMatey:   for a pair of Kings with a 9 kicker

Turn:
River:

The winner rakes in a pot that just doesn't look as big as one might expect with two players' whole stacks in, but looks happy about it.  Soren is strangely subdued and polite, saying, "Thank you for playing," as if he's excusing the rest of the tournament from continuing to do so, and adding, "Nice.  Good luck!"  Odd man.  Magnanimous in defeat, frankly worrying in victory.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2008, 08:12:04 PM »

Sorel Mizzi is OUT - I saw him doubling up a player's with two cards that had already been turned shamefully face down (I unfairly elaborate, it could have been or or something non-shameful after the flop) but in any case it left him with under 3,000, which promptly disappeared by the time I returned to his table.

Andreas Hagen gets involved then with the guy who just doubled off Mizzi to 25k - he of the Snoopyesque blond highlights and fearsome table presence re-raising the newly doubled up guy whose photo I re-post for clarity from the big blind.  The button clearly felt that this was an unacceptable cookie-jar/finger combination, because he re-popped it another 10k.  He looked pained when Hagen then calmly moved in - but since it was about 2k more to call, he made it.
Button:
Hagen:

Flop: three diamonds
Turn:
River:

But that's one small pair too late and he's right back down feltwards.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2008, 08:18:12 PM »

A few other counts midway through the evening, but two thirds of the way through the day's play...

Mads Andersen -- 29,000
Thomas Wahlroos -- 7,000
Arnaud Mattern -- 9,600
Andreas Hagen -- 32,000
Soren Kongsgaard -- 10,600
Liz Lieu -- 10,300
Andy Black -- 24,800
Stephen Chidwick -- 24,500

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2008, 08:33:25 PM »

During my forays into the tournament area I bump into Johnny Lodden,

"Hey Johnny, how's it going."

"I have 9,975," he says slowly, with the air of a man trying to hide frustration.

I decide I can cheer him up by putting a positive spin on this.

"Well, if you're only losing your chips this slowly then you'll probably end up winning the tournament..."

He almost smiles, but only almost.

I admit defeat, and wish him the best of luck and carry on down to the second part of the tournament area just in time to see Thomas Wahlroos re-raise a Liz Lieu-sized American kid's (hereafter known as LLSAK) early position raise from 1k to 3k. The kid, (seen in the photo sitting next to Arnaud Mattern), checks Wahlroos stack (which is about 10k) before moving in. Wahlroos insta-calls as he would with Aces, way ahead of the Jacks that LLSAK has. An unhelpful board and 'The Eggman' has over 20k, LLSAK has about 2.5k

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2008, 08:40:21 PM »

Something for everyone:

Trond for Dana, the Polish rapper's collagen-enhanced girls for the curious and Liz Lieu for everyone.

Speak of Liz Lieu, she just called a 1,050 bet on the turn of a against behoodied Stephan Kjerstad. Lieu fired out 2,000 on the river after the Betsson player had checked.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2008, 08:51:13 PM »

Hello, anyone still reading?

Bueller?

Bueller?

Bueller?

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2008, 08:51:59 PM »

Exit!  It's Arnaud... having short stack grinded (ground?) all day, from the heady heights of 13k to around 8k more recently, a rather pleasing opportunity arose with on the big blind... a big stack raised to 750 (not, therefore, a straight push situation, perhaps) so he said, "I raised 2,000 hoping he would push, ideally with an underpair like Jacks or Tens.  He pushed with .  Hit only two Aces."

His expression says it all:

WarBwastard

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2008, 08:55:12 PM »

Something for everyone:

Trond for Dana, the Polish rapper's collagen-enhanced girls for the curious and Liz Lieu for everyone.

Speak of Liz Lieu, she just called a 1,050 bet on the turn of a against behoodied Stephan Kjerstad. Lieu fired out 2,000 on the river after the Betsson player had checked.

What happened then?

http://la-boca-de-la-cueva.blogspot.com/

http://mexico.worldcupblog.org/

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left." -- Bertrand Russell
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2008, 08:57:40 PM »

Something for everyone:

What happened then?

Hahaha! I made you respond. I win!!!

In the hand though, errm...He folded and she won the pot.

WarBwastard

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 12, 2008, 09:01:45 PM »

well played

http://la-boca-de-la-cueva.blogspot.com/

http://mexico.worldcupblog.org/

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left." -- Bertrand Russell
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2008, 09:03:06 PM »

Mark Teltscher (pictured) has never really progressed far stackwise, but the intense Londoner hasn't exactly sat back either - he's been involved in quite a few hands, recently check-calling two bets on the turn and river as the board emerged two hearts with three clubs (his opponent showed and mucked ).  Then he moved on to Theo Jorgensen who raised preflop to 1,025.  Teltscher on the button made it 3,400.  After a decently-sized think, Jorgensen called.  He passed to Teltscher's 3,300 bet on the flop, though.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 12, 2008, 09:08:00 PM »

Sssssso Sssssick News Now

Andy Black and Thomas Wahlroos get into a raising war.  You know, raise, re-raise, re-re-raise, all in.... At this point, it was Andy Black who was wincing a bit, saying, "I have to call now," with .  Wahlroos showed   (suits made up so I can use the little cards).

A 60/40 is a 60/40, although I am sure there were some raised eyebrows on the rail about this one - the flop came Ten-high with two following blanks so the astonished Finn is left talking about how sick it is.

Taxi for Thomas!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: