blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:44:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Heads Up Insomnia
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Heads Up Insomnia  (Read 1396 times)
The Truth

View Profile
« on: May 07, 2005, 07:26:52 AM »

Daring Guinness World Record attempt at the GUTSHOT In Aid of GAME FOR LIFE.

The eyes of the poker world will be fixed on the Gutshot Club in London from the 3rd to the 6th of June, as Poker4Charity stages an audacious attempt to break the current Poker endurance record.

The purpose of the attempt is to raise funds for Game for Life the first registered charity to be founded and funded by the poker community. The money raised will be used in exciting new projects to help kids that are sick, disabled, financially deprived or who lack a stable homelife.

The man attempting this outrageous feat will be none other than James "Royal Flush" Dempsey, one of the stable of young poker professionals mentored by Davey "The Truth" Newth, the founder of Poker4Charity and trustee of Game for Life.

During the event, James will battle fatigue and drowsiness as he takes on all comers in an effort to extend the existing record for non-stop play from 72 hrs to a STAGGERING 100 hours! Medical teams will be on standby to assist James should he encounter any physical or mental problems during the gruelling schedule of relentless poker.

James has been playing poker for over 5 years and has considerable heads up experience, with an impressive win rate of 90% in heads up matches. He has traveled the world to play in many of the big poker events, including the World Heads Up Championship, and has also found time to qualify for his commercial pilot's licence.

We caught up with the man himself to hear his thoughts.

" I feel very excited by this challenge. I have played long extended periods of poker before but nothing quite like this! I just hope Davey doesn't give me one of his lectures on 7 card stud in the middle of it, as this could seriously hamper my chances of remaining awake! "

Davey Newth, feels his prot??has the skills in his armory to withstand the obstacles ahead.

" The physical demands on James during this attempt will be immense but his mental strength and will to succeed will stand him in good stead. "

Davey was also full of praise for the Gutshot.

These guys really know how to put on an event. Everything from ensuring James gets the correct food and drink during the attempt to making sure there are a steady stream of opponents has been taken care of with the utmost professionalism.

The poker community waits with baited breath to see if James can triumph in this incredible challenge and cement his place in poker history.

To find out how to sponsor James or how to take part in this prestigious record attempt email daveynewth@poker4charity.org or call Davey on 07985424036
The Truth

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2005, 07:27:43 AM »

***GREAT NEWS***GREAT NEWS***GREAT NEWS***GREAT NEWS***

VCPOKER.COM are sponsoring this historic event to the tune of 10,000. That's right 10k.    Further details to follow.......

Why not follow VCPOKER.COM's example and pledge your support for James and Game for Life TODAY??

Simply email me with your pledge daveynewth@poker4charity.org.
The Truth

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2005, 07:28:19 AM »

Just when you thought it can't get any better.............IT DOES!!!!!

TV Station PokerZone (Channel 226) have today become Poker4Charity's Official Broadcast Partner and will be providing LIVE & EXCLUSIVE coverage of the attempt during the weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: