blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 05:25:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Best of blonde
| | | |-+  Chris Moorman: in the well
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chris Moorman: in the well  (Read 101456 times)
madasahatstand

Bang

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 20, 2008, 11:31:06 AM »

Chris

Are you patient by nature? I'm thinking about how you mastered the game of poker. I noticed you said something about wondering why you kept losing at cash when you first started but didnt have the knowledge you do now. When did you have the lightbulb moment to give you a more structured approach to your game? Was it all down to reading or did you have any coaching?

thanks
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 11:35:18 AM by madasahatstand » Logged

Patience is a virtue.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: March 20, 2008, 11:40:34 AM »

1) Do you miss OverTheGun at all?

2) 1808 or MMM?

3) Do you think learning how to play KK profitably is the final step in you becoming a world celebrity?

4) Rather play Flushy HU or have a money tree that grows £50 notes in your back garden?

Good thread imo. Liking the photoshop moomin work.

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 20, 2008, 11:51:55 AM »

Did you have a eureka moment where you went from being meh ok to balla or was it a steady progression?

Do you have a favourite tournament that you must play daily/weekly?

Pab

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: March 20, 2008, 12:29:56 PM »

If you are playing a high buy in tournament, say $100r and you are playing with somebody who you percieve to be a nit and they raise UTG and you hold AK in MP. What is your play

a)  fold

b) call

c) 3 bet fold to shove?

d) 3 bet, call 4 bet and bemoan your luck when he turns over a superior hand?

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: March 20, 2008, 12:31:26 PM »

Would you EVER fold KK pre-flop in a tourney that is not a sattelite?

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
geeforce1

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 20, 2008, 02:38:06 PM »

If you are playing a high buy in tournament, say $100r and you are playing with somebody who you percieve to be a nit and they raise UTG and you hold AK in MP. What is your play

a)  fold

b) call

c) 3 bet fold to shove?

d) 3 bet, call 4 bet and bemoan your luck when he turns over a superior hand?

LOLOLOL

moorman, would you say you deal with tilt well, and do you have any advice on how to keep your cool when things are running bad?
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: March 20, 2008, 03:12:52 PM »

lol i can answer that one. last night moomin pings me and say $109 stars table xx he has raised a limper been 3 bet he made it 300 and the guy 800 at 10/20

Rick : QQ?
Moomin :  KK
Rick :  you know what he's going to show
Moomin : fold then?
Rick : lol dunno (hedging bets)
Moomin : fk it

guy turns over AA, sounds daft but i said if i was playing one or two tourns id pass preflop, but since he plays like 12 per night then i just shib it in.

Moomin : agreed
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: March 20, 2008, 04:13:07 PM »

lol i can answer that one. last night moomin pings me and say $109 stars table xx he has raised a limper been 3 bet he made it 300 and the guy 800 at 10/20

guy turns over AA, sounds daft but i said if i was playing one or two tourns id pass preflop, but since he plays like 12 per night then i just shib it in.

crap that actually makes sense Sad

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
CrestOfaWave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: March 20, 2008, 04:31:18 PM »

How much do you analysis your opponents from your tracking software?
Is this analysis done while you are playing or while you doing analsysis from the previous sessions?

ps keep up the good performances

Moorman1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: March 20, 2008, 05:43:50 PM »

Keep the questions coming... next two days going to be really hectic though as I'm flying to luxemburg etc. I'll be back answering them all probably on Saturday and on Sunday at the latest.

Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 20, 2008, 09:20:27 PM »

Only if you do play that many tournaments though.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: March 20, 2008, 10:11:59 PM »

Only if you do play that many tournaments though.

of course...I'm just sad that it makes sense

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 20, 2008, 11:59:23 PM »

The Colchester magic roundabout.............whats that all about ?

I can answer that one ... Chris and I used to live right near it ... its like one big roundabout, surrounded by 5 small ones ... its a case of shut your eyes and drive... when they first built it, people would go and stand there for hours watching cars crash, seriously it was that bad.

But as moomin is a lazy sod and hasnt learnt to drive yet, he only ever goes over it on a bus (too tight to pay for cabs).
Used to play pool tournies in Swindon and they have the same, just put your foot down and hope u reach the other side!!
Tractor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: March 21, 2008, 12:10:10 PM »

Hi ,
Whats the average amount of tournies you play each week, and how much would you expect to shell out on buyins in a week?
Do you like Currys, if so what your favourite dish.
Have you been approached for a sponsorship deal yet?

Cheers
And best of luck in the WSOP.

Jason

Can i please ask where most of you purchase your crack from?

Dapper Street Menswear
Moorman1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: March 22, 2008, 07:48:58 AM »

Chris

Are you patient by nature? I'm thinking about how you mastered the game of poker. I noticed you said something about wondering why you kept losing at cash when you first started but didnt have the knowledge you do now. When did you have the lightbulb moment to give you a more structured approach to your game? Was it all down to reading or did you have any coaching?

thanks

Lol nope I'm not patient at all, actually one of the least patient people arround (which I'm sure a lot of ppl will vouch for). I owe a lot to Dave (Geeforce1) and a tiny bit to Pab (Nit) i guess. Tribecca had a weekly Sunday tourney which I think was a $100k prizepool once a month. I would satellite it every week after i started moving up the cash games and would allow myself 1 rebuy and addon (I think I was playing 50/1 or 1/2 full ring at the time). This tourney was the biggest thing ever for me and I was always exicted/nervous... constantly checking the prizepool etc. Anyway this time I managed to hit a lot of hands, get them to hold up etc and managed to make it deep. With 30 left I had an ok stack but I coudln't find a place to steal many blinds because the big blind was disconnected and other stacks would constantly raise his blind. Me not having learnt the resteal back then (thx pab for that Smiley ) kept saying to myself well hopefully I get a good hand in the small blind one time because I should get action. Anyway asif by magic AK arrives in the Small Blind and the constant cutoff raiser Geeforce 1 raises. I shove all in and he calls me pretty quickly with ace queen.... I flop a King but lose to running diamonds. I continued to watch the tournament as I had been impressed with this guy's play and to prove that poker is no fluke he took the tourney down for around $27k. HUGE MONEY!! So there I am on the rail congratulating him and optimistically ask him for his msn to chat about poker some time and he gives it to me.... wow great!! maybe he can help me I think. I then proceed to listen to everything he has to say, take occasional shots at 3/6 cash games which he said were particularly weak and everything goes pretty smoothly tbh. He then introduces me to this mug called Pab who introduces me to the resteal (before he became a nit) and things just go from there reallly.... Its pretty nuts how a bad beat probably was +ev in the long run.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 07:54:45 AM by Moorman1 » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: