blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:30:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Paddypoker.com Irish Open - Day One : At A Glance
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Paddypoker.com Irish Open - Day One : At A Glance  (Read 16553 times)
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2008, 05:36:57 PM »

Ali Mallu...11k
Andy Black 10.5k
Nick Gibson....11.5k
Sorel Mizzi... 20k
John Duthie...20k

Chris told me how John acquired most of these chips...

After Soren Konsgaard limped from MP, John Duthie also limped behind.

The flop came 6 6 x.

Bet from Soren (who unbeknownst to John was holding 6-7)
Call by John (who unbeknownst to Soren was holding 9-9)

TURN: 9 !

A dramatic card prompting another turn bet from Soren and a flat call by John again...

RIVER: 4

A further bet from Soren was now RAISED by John and Soren couldn't get away from his trips, paying off the EPT maestro's raise.

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2008, 05:42:13 PM »

Dave Colclough calls me over, and takes my pad and pen. When he gives it back, it reads as follows:

"Matey boy seat 3 [may or may not be Tony Nimeh] raises KK
Ram calls JQ
9 10 4 flop
bet call
3 on turn"

At this point he is dealt some cards and has a peek. I know what he has but I'm not telling! Anyway, he continues scribbling...

"bet call"

There has been a bunch of limping around to Dave's big blind, by this point. He raises to 1k. Everyone folds. He continues:

"river King
all-in call
Ram doubles up to 24k?"

Thanks, DC! El Blondie himself was at the time of scribbling on around 13k.
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2008, 06:09:18 PM »

I seem to be running bad at finding interesting hands sooo, for now I can only bring you more pictures.

First off we have Roland De Wolfe with a mountain of chips, that actually only adds up to 19k or so. Nice amount still but less than it seems due to his bulging stacks of 25s and 100s. (I'm guessing this is an indication that shock horror, the Wolfe, has been busy thieving away)

This character was seen snoozing away at the table earlier allegedly but seems to have perked up considerably since then.

Here is the now fully conscious Doyle Brunson, taking time out to chat to a fan on the rail.

Finally we have American (I think?) Cory Albertson, owner of the most prominent sweat band in the tournament. After the tournament he's off for a quick game of doubnles with Bjorn Borg (possibly...)

Click to see full-size image.

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2008, 06:25:15 PM »

The more eagle-eyed among you

may have noticed that just after I posted Sorel Mizzi's chip count as 9k, Junglecat posted his chipcount as 20k. I hunted him down, and he has indeed doubled up somewhere along the line. He's been moved to David Rudling's table, Rudling currently on a similar 20k or so.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2008, 06:35:58 PM »

And Mr Nick Gibson, who is on 15k and tells me that he mustn't grumble or something terrible will happen. Myself, I like grumbling.

Does anyone recognise either of these chaps? Mr National Championships bet 700 on a Two Clubs flop, only to lay it down when Mr Full Tilt Brownshirt Man made it All In, or 2,375 total.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2008, 06:52:52 PM »

There is a 7-piece Cajun band in the bar now, with washboards and mandolins and accordions and everything. The washboard player's wearing an Irish Open hat which makes him look like a trucker. Most pleasing.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 07:00:55 PM by danafish » Logged
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2008, 06:59:42 PM »

Sick Hand Alert!

**********Disclaimer: Before I continue, I would like to say the accuracy of the reporting within this hand is highly dependent upon the players having remained in their original seats. **********

A flop of Two Clubs caused carnage on Jen's table with Danilo Paulsen moving in only to be insta-called by the silver barneted Peter Malbasha.

"You've probably got eights haven't you?" asked Peter, a bit unnecessarily as he tabled 6-6 for the 2nd nuts.

"No" said Danilo quietly, resigned to his fate as he tabled his overpair Q-Q...

TURN:

RIVER: !

Yup , this 2 outer saved Paulsen's bacon and he was a mightily relieved man as he swept up his chips. Malbasha meanwhile took his beat well in silence, but stepped away from the table to vent some steam in his own unique way...

Matt Kay & Dan Kelly pls.

Is that these two? (free pretty dealer bonus)

If so they are both doing a bit poorly on less than 7k...

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2008, 07:01:06 PM »

Busto. Short-stacked, reshove Jacks into Queens. Flop Jack-high, river Queen. Sad

Sorry, man. I think Horneris bokked your headphones. Take the rest of the day off to fume, won't you? We'll see you in the bar later...
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2008, 07:23:50 PM »

How are Jen and Mr Colclough ?

El Blondie's on 12.5k, Jen's on her dinner break. They're having a staggered break today - also on that break is Mr Rory Matthews.

Mark O' Neill???

Hold your horses, Mr Lucky! He's on around 17k. Also, Graham Clarkson has 13k. Photo coming as soon as I've uploaded it, I have a bit of a backlog I'm afraid...
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2008, 07:31:52 PM »

An interesting hand from Table Mizzi...

SB Mate E. Boy (photo below - does anybody recognise this man?) and BB Todd Brunson check a two spades flop to Sorel Mizzi on the button, who bets 675. They both call.

Turn - - and now Mr Boy bets 1150. He looks nervous, like he has a big hand. His hands are sort of shaking as he throws his chips in. Todd Brunson calls, and Sorel gets out of the way.

River - . Now Mr Boy is rubbing his chin. He checks. Brunson bets 2200 and Mr Boy calls, but mucks when he sees Brunson's for rivered Quads.

Any guesses as to what Mr Boy might have had? Flush? Set on the flop? Nothing at all? Anyone?

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2008, 07:50:50 PM »

Crazy band, last heard performing a barn dance version of Motorhead's "Ace of Spades."

People shouldn't be able to jig along to "That's the way I like it baby I just want to live forever" imo..

Dana loves them though and as she is currently in possession of our entire cigarette supply, I must concur with her worldy wise opinion.

JJ Liu just doubled up James Beardface (I kid you not*)

I joined the hand at the preflop stage with both players having their cards on their back, Liu holding A-K and Mr Beardface the all powerful preflop nuts A-A.

No suprises, Aces hold for our hairy-faced hero and he doubles through, reportedly for the 5th time at this table since he joined. (Although Padraig Parkinson may have been exaggeratiing for comic effect) Literally bristling with excitement, he survives what turned out to be a not-so-close shave and Liu's previous towers of chips are reduced to mere stubble

(*I lied, I kid you...I don't know his name....sorry)

Here are the two....a disconsolate JJ Liu...

...and a contrastingly happy Mr Beardman with his new (mou)stash of chips...

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2008, 08:55:27 PM »

Many Frenchmen in evidence, as follows:

Pascal Perrault on around 13k, and wouldn't look up even though I waited for ages.
Thomas Fougeron on about 30k
Paul Testud, on 20k and a bit glum.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2008, 08:58:57 PM »

I did less well on the Spanish front, I'm afraid - only Maria Maceiras was obvious when I did the rounds. She's on around 14k, and very surprised to be having her picture taken.

Also please note the pointy finger above the empty chair - this is because the chair's former occupant, Michael O'Cuanaigh, and, I'm afraid, Matt Kay, both busted out the hand before I arrived to Mr Tony Hackett. Not sure of the details, but it was they and not he who couldn't hack it. Sorry, whoever was asking after Mr Kay...
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2008, 09:02:06 PM »

By the way the super sat has made 41 runners and a total €27,600 prize pool, which makes, umm, 6 seats? I think? Something like that.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2008, 09:06:35 PM »

Mr Eidsvig has not been just Trond-ling along, he is not afraid to get his chips in the middle and beat everybody else to a bloody pulp!!!

Um, he just knocked Jean Jose Ville - Ville moved in on a flop, and Trond announced, "I guess I'm behind" in that incredibly attractive Norwegian accent before calling.

As it turned out he wasn't behind, holding against Ville's

Turn - Two Clubs

River - The absolute very cruelest card in the deck for Ville; namely the

And he's OUT.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: