blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 08:54:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Paddypoker.com Irish Open - Day One : At A Glance
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Paddypoker.com Irish Open - Day One : At A Glance  (Read 16554 times)
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2008, 09:06:42 PM »

Apologies for any confusion arising from the clock switching levels. We don't have it formatted for the Irish Open structure so are adapting it slightly.

Just to clarify we are now on the 150/300/25 level which introduces antes into the equation for the first time.

Mingling amongst the tables, I watched several hands, many of which consisted of late position raises followed by short stack shoves.

First off random Mateyboy raises from late position to 1k, meeting an allin shove from Daniel Kelly in the big blind to 5.5-6k. After grimacing and wincing and generally going through the full gamut of uncomfortable facial expressions, Mateyboy ultimately passes and Daniel moves up to the giddy heights of 7k...

Next up Jen Mason fancies a bit of this action and pops it up to 900 from late position. Unknown older, grey-haired mateyboy now shoves for a similar amount to Daniel  (5,750) and after a small pause, Jen spins her cards toward the muck, conceding the hand to gray-tey boy.

Next up Mcenroe Cory Albertson raises from late position, only to find Waterford Winter Festival winner Michael Trimby shoving for 6k or so yet again!

"You com after me big bloind, Oi'll set ya in!" warns Michael to the former tennis star.

Cory creates a bit of a racket as he interrogates Michael further and ultimately nets enough information to let him make the call with .

Michael flips over .

Ladies and gentlemen start your engines, it's a race!

Cory storms into the lead, fistpumpiing the air with delight at the flop.

A turn opens up the possibility of an outdraw and I'm semi rooting for a J or T river just to see if Cory comes out with "You cannot be serious!" but it fails to arrive as the blankiest of blanks two spades hits the river.

"Well played" says Michael, grabbing his coat and leaving the table...

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2008, 09:14:03 PM »

Random bits of news!

Roland De Wolfe - giddy heights of 50k+ after check rasiing with 5d6d on a two diamond A-Q-T board, only to be called by A-4.

The river was good for the 20k pot and the slightly fortunate RDW may well be the chip leader at this stage, tearing it up as he is.

It was overlooked at the time, unforgiveably, but Praz Bansi is out. No details are available for his exit, but the bracelet-holding hitsquadder reportedly left looking a tad dismayed at his exit, so possibly some grievous misfortune was involved.

Ram Vaswani looks to be going along great guns with a 30k or so stack. Those funky new highlights are clearly doing the job for him.

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2008, 09:29:32 PM »

Mr Rory Matthews. Just as I was about to take a photo of him, his table was broken, so I followed him around the room to his new table. He got there, and there was some sort of problem - not sure what, but I followed him back around to the room to his original table where he spoke to a floor person. Then he went back to the same new table and sat down. Sigh. I feel like I've worked off most of the buffet cheesecake already.

Anyway, he's on 11k.
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2008, 09:33:12 PM »

Here are some assorted chip counts. Apologies if a requested player's count is not amongst this list, it is proving a little tricky locating certain players.

Pascal Perrault - 10k
Todd Brunson - 12.5k
David Colclough - 18k
Caroline Manson - 19k
J Kabbaj - 7.5k
Nick Gibson - 7k

More to follow in a bit...

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2008, 09:35:35 PM »

A curious hand from the Now Defunct Table Rory Matthews.

With an amount in the pot preflop that I can describe as lots, but not absolutely LOADS, Hassan Mohammed and Nick Gibson check a flop.

The turn is the dangerous  - Mohammed bets 3k, and Gwibbo calls.

River - - says Hassan, "Any other time I'd bet," and checks. Gwiboo checks too, which is the correct move as Mohammed shows and Nick mucks.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2008, 09:39:09 PM »

Oh no, disaster! Jen is OUT!

This is what I wrote down as Jen told me what happened:

SB limps, Jen BB checks

2-5

flop 2-5-4

SB bets, Jen goes all in 8k

SB has 3-6

...Which means, the small blind limped and Jen checked the big blind with 2-5. The flop was 2-5-4 rainbow, and the small blind bet out. Jen, with her two pair, shoved for 7 or 8k, and the small blind called, which is fair enough, as he was holding 3-6 for the flopped straight. No full-housing for Jen, and she's gone. And all my percentagey hopes with her. Sad
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2008, 09:59:57 PM »

Hows Patrick Murray  aka Micky Pierce doing?
Can you wish him luck from me please.
thanks
Craig

Not great I'm afraid...

I joined his table as he was on 8.5 or 9k.

James Honeybone had raised to 1200, flat called in one spot and Mickey popped it up to 3,500.

James thought about it and MOVED ALLIN!

The cold caller passed and Mickey thought about it and also passed, leaving himself just 5.5k or so.

Here he is with Albert "HoneyMonster" Sapiano, who found the developments of that hand far more amusing than Mickey did, for obvious reasons...

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2008, 10:04:08 PM »

Players are on a short break.

Jen informs me that she's going back to the room to look at the internet from the comfort of her pyjamas. I am fairly certain she will post soonish.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2008, 10:05:22 PM »

Roland De Wolfe is on around 40k, but says he could have been on 75k - he raised with A-Q and then folded to a 22k shove from Mateyboy. Mateyboy was holding A-T.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2008, 10:07:46 PM »

Re: Billy Johnstone, Juan Fernandez, Raul Paez

I'm afraid that a number of circuits of the room later, I still can't see any of them. It is admittedly a bit difficult to find people I've never seen before in a giant room full of poker players, but I studied the photos pretty hard, so until hard evidence proves to the contrary, I'm assuming they're OUT...
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2008, 10:08:46 PM »

We are now playing Level 7 - 200/400/25. Floppy's going to sort us out a new clock structure asap...

Oh no, hang on, our clock's right for this level. Still, we will present you tomorrow with a brand new reliable clock, which i'm sure will fill you with joy.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 10:10:18 PM by danafish » Logged
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2008, 10:30:20 PM »

Reports have arrived that Nick Gibson is OUT!

Bad luck Nick.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2008, 10:32:39 PM »

Roberto Romanello is looking a bit short. Doesn't have many chips either. 

He told he the sad story, which went something like this:

He raised Mateyboy's blinds with 3-2. Mateyblind re-raises all in, and Roberto folds, showing his rubbish hand.

An hour later, he raised Mateyblind with Queens, and Mateyblind again re-raised all in, this time with K-T. King hit, obviously. ROberto dropped 15k on that one, and is down to around 7k.

At this point Joe Grech, who hadn't been listening to any of this, piped up, "Whatever he just told you is completely true." And laughed hysterically.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2008, 10:35:04 PM »

Maria Maceiras is now sharing a table with Dave Colclough. She is on 15k. He is on a little over 30k.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2008, 10:36:58 PM »

Oh joy! Trond Eidsvig has been re-seated next to Rory Matthews, giving me another excuse to post his photo.

Rory Matthews - 15k
Trond Eidsvig - 25k
By the by Mr Doyle Brunson has 19k
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: