blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:56:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Paddypower.com Irish Open : Day 1b - Interactive
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Paddypower.com Irish Open : Day 1b - Interactive  (Read 74246 times)
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2008, 02:07:23 PM »

The weather outside really is something to behold...I heard it described modestly as "inclement" whereas "deluge of biblical proportions" is closer to the truth.

A part of me feels that god is punishing all the wanton gamblers for playing poker on Good Friday so I'm going to busy myself during the enforced hiatus building one of these.

As you can see I'll be getting Lucky Lloyd to captain the ship...

I don't recall any cats mentioned in the old testament account of the flood but we were probably below deck drinking all the whiskey supplies. I'm off to gather wood and reserves of Jack daniels. See you soon!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 02:11:45 PM by JungleCat03 » Logged

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
KevIRL

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2008, 02:07:51 PM »

I thought that certain Blonde updaters might appreciate this from the paddypower blog....

The Myth of Dario Minieri from Yesterday
March 21st, 2008 | Filed under Nic by Jarvis

Oh dear, oh dear, where did it all go wrong?

A massive apology: somehow I got Dario Minieri confused with Norwegian Eurostar Trong Eidsvig! To clarify, Dario Minieri DID NOT play yesterday and will instead play today.

Trond Eidsvig DID play yesterday and ended up with a very nice stack placing him in the top 20, with 43,150.

They do look kinda similar is my excuse….that, and me asking fellow blogger Darragh “but he hasn’t got his Roma scarf on!?” and being met with a firm rebuke of “he doesn’t always wear his scarf. Nobody would always wear a scarf”…led my gullible self into mistaking one incredibly rich and surprisingly small young man for another.

I just hope Trond and Dario don’t end up on the same table on Saturday. I don’t think I’d be able to cope with all the pressure!
KevIRL

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2008, 02:10:28 PM »

One-hand turnovers for tickets to the main event announced!

They're my second favourite kind of turnovers. 

Degens tbh!

More information on these pls.... Smiley
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2008, 02:11:57 PM »

A massive apology: somehow I got Dario Minieri confused with Norwegian Eurostar Trong Eidsvig!

Huh?

Does not compute.

Click to see full-size image.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2008, 02:14:59 PM »

Concerning the weather and the unfair comments made by certain of my fellow updaters regarding God and His behaviour:

I'd like to say that when I undertook the short stroll from the other hotel to the conference centre, I saw nothing but blue skies and sunshine. I run so good. Somebody up there must like me.
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2008, 02:21:16 PM »

A massive apology: somehow I got Dario Minieri confused with Norwegian Eurostar Trong Eidsvig!

I think you mean you got him confused with this fella...

(maybe with just a touch of this thrown in)

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
KevIRL

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2008, 02:23:27 PM »

I think you mean you got him confused with this fella...

Id just like to point out that it was not I who had this miix up, but an updater on the Paddypower blog. Kev is merely passing on the message in the interests of something to do before things kick off.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2008, 02:36:39 PM »

Slight correction to my earlier claim that Pascal Perrault is still in. Having received the final chip counts above, it appears the amiable Frenchman was a late casualty. Sorry if I got your hopes up, French readers!

Hello updtaters !

Don't worry, who are the frenchies and the blondes playing today ?

All we know so far is that Arnaud Mattern and Ludovic Lacay are playing, because we saw them a-lurking. Registrations are still being taken, but as soon as the player list is confirmed, we'll post it up in one format or another.

Speak of Arnaud, I've just put up an interview I did with him, on the main page. It's here: http://blondepoker.com/index.php?q=node/16549

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2008, 02:39:46 PM »

Our Super-Hi-Tech Player List Format!!!

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2008, 02:46:03 PM »

Shuffle up and deal! Did we mention that?

I did a very quick circuit of the room just before kick-off and spotted a few interesting types.

This one's for LittleMissC, it's Mr Teddy Sheringham with Roland De Wolfe and a bloke I recognise off the telly but none of us can remember his name:

Also a very surprised Mr Julian Thew with a very unaware-I'm-taking-photos Ben Grundy:

Also Update Favourite Mr Rumit Cubit Somaiya, with Ben Grundy now clearly under the impression that it's him I'm taking a photo of:

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2008, 02:50:36 PM »

Early though it is, I believe I have found our

Hoodie Of The Day

The player list has him down as one Sam El Sayed, and admittedly he is wearing absolutely enormous shades making identification a bit difficult, but I swear it's actually Leo Kam... I know he was mistakenly on the list yesterday, so it's possible that he is mistakenly not on the list/operating under an alias today. I have sent Junglecat to obtain confirmation one way or the other...
KevIRL

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2008, 02:56:03 PM »

Good luck to all the boards.ie players today Smiley

ariston

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2008, 02:56:39 PM »

are there 3 days 1s or is the last day 1- please someone reply asap as trying to get flights sorted
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 03:00:14 PM by ariston » Logged

ariston

better lucky than good
KevIRL

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2008, 02:57:27 PM »

are there 3 days 1s or is the last day 1- please someone replay asap as trying to get flights sorted

2 day 1's.

This is the last one

1500nle tomorrow
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2008, 03:04:38 PM »

Ooh oooh, Floppy caught an exit already!

The board was three diamonds Two Diamonds Two Clubs and the players one Sean Gregory and one Paul McCann.

Gregory -
McCann -

River - Two Clubs, making McCann the full house, and busting both Gregory's lame-by-comparison-from-the-comfort-of-knowing-what-the-river-is flush draw, and indeed his tournament hopes. I can now confidently say that Paul McCann is our new chip leader, with roughly 20k.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: