blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:04:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Best of blonde
| | | |-+  Paul "Pab" Foltyn: In the well
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Paul "Pab" Foltyn: In the well  (Read 91929 times)
brummieboy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: April 02, 2008, 02:21:22 PM »

No questions at this time but just wanted to say kudos to you.............you've just battled for over 6 hours through 330 odd runners on PS to finish 3rd for a nice 30k+ payday yet you still have the time to come onto Blonde and answer all these questions. Congrats on the nice cash

Thanks, not a problem

He also took down the $30 rebuy on Full Tilt at the same time, congrats Pab, couple of great results, watched you up to the final table on both but couldn't keep my eyes open any longer and had to go to bed. DuckU had a massive lead when I left in the Tilt surprised to see he didn't take it.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 02, 2008, 10:21:04 PM »

top 3 things that are ftw iyo?

Min-raising

Rail 'experts'

Short-stackers in cash games

Superb picks sir, it's not just me then..

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
KingPoker
Complete and utter luckbox

CHAMPION OF EUROPE!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 02, 2008, 10:29:29 PM »

In your opinion....

1) Best weekly tourneys are...?

2) How much do you use software such as PT?

(may have already answered these q's, havent bothered to look back through thread yet!)

CYMRU AM BYTH!    Join my fan club on facebook thumbs up 
Voted Best Arse of Blonde bash 6!
Pab

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: April 03, 2008, 01:58:54 AM »

having just returned from a fabby month in sydney,now could you ever think of coming home.
and isn't star city a fun(not) place to play poker..............what a dump.

Yeah I really like Sydney and Melbourne, and could maybe see myself living here when im older. If it wasnt for my family I think I would travel for ever, cash permitting. Ive never been to star city to play 'properly' as the games are not big enough but we have had a few druken outings as its only 2 min walk from our flat in Pyrmont. They have some crazy rules about buy in amounts etc, ridiculous time charges n rake as well as allowing players to go south and chip down to the minimum if they desire. I think its the $200 buy in game that charges $1 for every hand you are dealt, they may even have an hourly charge as well, shocking.

Pab

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: April 03, 2008, 02:38:43 AM »

In your opinion....

1) Best weekly tourneys are...?

2) How much do you use software such as PT?

(may have already answered these q's, havent bothered to look back through thread yet!)

1. Do you mean best for value or structure? As far as structure goes, my favourites are the full tilt 6 max tournamnts, mainly the $300 f/o on a saturday and the 100r on a wednesday. The structure of the stars $1k was immense as well.

2. Only use poker tracker for keeping records of my cash games really

Pab

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: April 03, 2008, 02:42:23 AM »

I am thinking about animating the HH's from both tournaments yesterday on either PokerXfactor or Cardrunners. Not sure if im allowed to post the links here, please can a mod clarify. If not they will be on my blog or you can pm me for the link.

I think they could make for quite interesting viewing as they were pretty different. I got huge chips in the stars tournament and played accordingly whereas The FTP got neglected as it was a much smaller tournament and ended up blinding down to 4.5k at 500/1k i think, something ridiculous anyway.

Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: April 03, 2008, 03:07:56 AM »

Did you enjoy taking my money at my brief visit to The Orleans last year in Vegas??

Pab

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: April 03, 2008, 03:19:19 AM »

Did you enjoy taking my money at my brief visit to The Orleans last year in Vegas??

Dont remember the hand exactly as i was a few white russians deep at the time, :-o

if it was a bad beat I do apologise

Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: April 03, 2008, 03:28:20 AM »

Dont remember the hand exactly as i was a few white russians deep at the time, :-o

if it was a bad beat I do apologise

LOL I don't remember the hand either.  All I do know is that the table was well lively with holidaying American's wanting to give us cash - then you skinted me!

Well done though Paul on your continued successes x

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 03, 2008, 11:26:39 AM »

I am thinking about animating the HH's from both tournaments yesterday on either PokerXfactor or Cardrunners. Not sure if im allowed to post the links here, please can a mod clarify.

yes fine

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pab

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: April 03, 2008, 12:15:14 PM »

Just uploaded the stars one, looked at a few pots where I run like the sun, :-)

http://www.pokerxfactor.com/HH124054/594_20080403_075927

you have to be a pokerxfactor member to view the HH, sign up is free

Any questions about hands can be directed to me on this thread and ill try and answer with something that makes me sound like i know what im doing, lol

Dry em
Hit Squad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: April 03, 2008, 12:58:45 PM »

Any questions about hands can be directed to me on this thread and ill try and answer with something that makes me sound like i know what im doing, lol

Thx for this, interesting viewing. Can you talk us through the 55 hand where u open from EP, are raised all in by the button (short stack) and then again all in for almost 7k by the sb. You're raise was for 800 and you were playing like 28k. Do you often take this shots when you're a big stack. Interesting hand, as my initial reaction was fold

action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: April 03, 2008, 02:12:09 PM »

Thx for this, interesting viewing. Can you talk us through the 55 hand where u open from EP, are raised all in by the button (short stack) and then again all in for almost 7k by the sb. You're raise was for 800 and you were playing like 28k. Do you often take this shots when you're a big stack. Interesting hand, as my initial reaction was fold

it never a fold when your touch turns to gold!
Pab

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: April 03, 2008, 02:13:33 PM »

I remember time banking this hand a little bit at the time. I had been pretty active in the prior 30-35 hands so my EP raise wasn't to be respected as much as usual. The first guy who goes all in is a micro-stack and the other guy goes all in for 6.7k. When it comes back to me there is around 10k in the pot and its an extra 5900 for me to make the call. Seeing as though i had the impression my EP wasn't overly respected I felt it would widen the guys range to shove and isolate the dead money from the micro stack that was already in.  It was a gambling call and taking a shot knowing I still had way above average chips if i lost.

I feel my strength in tournaments is playing a big stack so i may take some unnecessary risks to attain a big stack or keep building it. This maybe a mistake, maybe even a leak, Im not sure. The spot is definitely very marginal and would maybe fold on another day decision would be perfectly fine. On this day I made the call, was in front for the main pot but got lucky to scoop it all and keep on building.

TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 03, 2008, 02:15:29 PM »

Just watched, folding that too...

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: