blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 11:04:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Best of blonde
| | | |-+  Paul "Pab" Foltyn: In the well
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Paul "Pab" Foltyn: In the well  (Read 91927 times)
Pab

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2008, 08:44:02 AM »

do you ever ship $5 to people begging on the rail, if you do can i have $5 please.

no, should I ?

Pab

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2008, 08:45:57 AM »

top 3 things that are ftw iyo?

Min-raising

Rail 'experts'

Short-stackers in cash games

Pab

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2008, 08:53:02 AM »

Do you have other hobbies outside poker and do you give sufficient time to them or do you find yourself playing poker if you get a spare hour or so?

At the moment I'm sharing a flat in Sydney with some friends from home and my days are filled with either Poker or drinking/socializing or both. I am pretty lazy but have been trying to exercise on a regular basis.

Back home I play a fair bit of pool/sooker as well as playing 5-aside football if the opportunity arises. I think I mentioned in another thread that I only play poker If i'm in the mood/right frame of mind or get goaded into Sunday donkathons by moorman.

Pab

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2008, 09:05:17 AM »

hi m8 how did you get started in poker both online and live

Online, I got hooked by late night poker on TV and started playing freerolls at every opportunity as the game was so new and exciting to me. For a long time I would make a few $ from freerolls then play low stakes SnG's. I started making small deposits so I wasnt totally reliant on freerolls in order to play. The transition from winning a little to winning more regular is such a gradual one that I don't really remember any specifics of how or when it happened.

For a long time I only played live poker If I won a satellited online. I have been lucky enough to win a lot of packages in my career allowing me to get a lot of big tournament live experience without crippling myself financially. My first ever live tournament was the Irish open in 2005, I was shaking violently every pot I played, turned red if I was bluffing and was seated next to Simon trumper and julian gardner so was pretty intimidated. Now i feel pretty comfortable at a live table but am still a little paranoid about giving off tells.

Pab

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: April 02, 2008, 09:08:26 AM »

Is it true that you invented the resteal?

Do you play any other hands apart from AA utg?

Is it more satisfying busting me in a donkament rather than a random?

Which one do you have more chance in beating me at in Vegas... Pro Evo or Ten Pin Bowling?

Who would win in a 200bb cash match between you and dave (geeforce1)

1. 84 suited

2. yes i patented it

3. Infinitely more satisfying

4. Pro evo, np PLAY4ROLLZ

5. Dave plays more HU than me but I think we would struggle to keep ego's out of it and get it in with junk pretty early

LLevan

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2008, 09:12:15 AM »

No questions at this time but just wanted to say kudos to you.............you've just battled for over 6 hours through 330 odd runners on PS to finish 3rd for a nice 30k+ payday yet you still have the time to come onto Blonde and answer all these questions. Congrats on the nice cash

Pab

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2008, 09:16:42 AM »

are u continuing to play omaha or have you given up with that ?(and are you at noflops standard yet?)

do you consider yourself to an expert pai gow player?

do white russians improve you low level nl cash play?

did you leave the country to avoid the outstanding swimming race that we had a bet on?

what is the silliest prop bet that you have ever made?

I still dabble in omaha when nl action is dead or I fancy a change. I watched a fair amount of omaha videos on cardrunners in recent weeks that has helped me along nicely. I still feel completely lost at times though. Im not sure if the noflops comment is abuse or compliment.

yes, I have an edge when playing pai gow'

Without a shadow of a doubt there is a Positive correlation between white russians consumed and performance at low level cash

I think some1 faked a dodgy knee to avoid said swimming bet.

I'm not really one for prop bets but I do remember giving a rotund Welshman $100 to say something to crazycanuck in Aruba, sigh

Pab

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2008, 09:18:05 AM »

run good much?

Ricemyster: posts small blind 2000
Tmay420: posts big blind 4000
*** HOLE CARDS ***
gcnmoo: raises 7000 to 11000
Paolo69: raises 17000 to 28000
Ricemyster: folds
Tmay420: folds
gcnmoo: raises 651377 to 679377 and is all-in
Paolo69: calls 101486 and is all-in
*** FLOP *** [ ]
*** TURN *** [ ] []
*** RIVER *** [ ] [Two Clubs]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
gcnmoo: shows [ three diamonds] (a flush, King high)
Paolo69: shows [ ] (a flush, King high)
gcnmoo collected 133286 from pot
Paolo69 collected 133286 from pot

So painful, :-(

I think winning this pot would lock up 2nd place, but im not much of a complainer, :-)

Pab

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: April 02, 2008, 09:19:46 AM »

No questions at this time but just wanted to say kudos to you.............you've just battled for over 6 hours through 330 odd runners on PS to finish 3rd for a nice 30k+ payday yet you still have the time to come onto Blonde and answer all these questions. Congrats on the nice cash

Thanks, not a problem

LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 02, 2008, 09:44:40 AM »

So painful, :-(

I think winning this pot would lock up 2nd place, but im not much of a complainer, :-)

yeah it for sure would have, so so sick.

but loldonkaments etc, tht guy ran sick good vs u lol.

I will ask u some actual qu's later, probs about how to get off life tilt, and stop breaking mouses.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 02, 2008, 10:00:05 AM »

With regards to starting with freerolls, did you build up from there and go to the low limit mtts, the built up some more and end up playing the low limits for a while building up all the time, or was there a point where you said sod this, deposited some money and played at a higher stake where the game was not necessarily harder, but you were technically out of the bankroll requirements for that level?

Pab

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: April 02, 2008, 10:57:44 AM »

With regards to starting with freerolls, did you build up from there and go to the low limit mtts, the built up some more and end up playing the low limits for a while building up all the time, or was there a point where you said sod this, deposited some money and played at a higher stake where the game was not necessarily harder, but you were technically out of the bankroll requirements for that level?

Yeah, mainly freerolls and low level tournaments, dont recall making a significant deposit in order to get started really. Back then poker wasnt nearly as popular as it is now, and freerolls had much more manageable fields and hence made it a lot easy to get some $$ in the roll.

Once I started a roll I was probably playing overhead my head at times but never too crazy.

ericstoner

Winner of the Stars $200 sunday biggy, RU APAT Ire

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 02, 2008, 11:41:54 AM »

having just returned from a fabby month in sydney,now could you ever think of coming home.
and isn't star city a fun(not) place to play poker..............what a dump.

Blonde Hall of fame inductee,October 2007.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 02, 2008, 12:50:25 PM »

having just returned from a fabby month in sydney,now could you ever think of coming home.
and isn't star city a fun(not) place to play poker..............what a dump.

obv brag, insta ban Wink

Hope you had a nice time Smiley

jizzemm

BB6 Footy Winners - WALES.

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 02, 2008, 02:02:13 PM »

obv brag, insta ban Wink

Agree.. Welcome back Eric..

"I want to talk about my hand, what do you mean I cant talk about my hand, right im going to talk about the fact that I cant talk about my hand"...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: