blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:25:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Pokerstars.com EPT San Remo: Day 1B - At A Glance
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars.com EPT San Remo: Day 1B - At A Glance  (Read 24029 times)
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2008, 08:25:03 PM »

On a board, Antonio Estfandiari bets 2,400 and is check/raised to 5,500. After a serious think, he says, "I'm folding a straight to you sir..." he flashes the . His opponent shows him for more quads and then jumps on the tables and pretends to swim in the chips shouting, "Quaaaaadddddddddddssss!"*

*This last part of the statement may or may not be true.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2008, 08:29:48 PM »

Odd situation for Josh Gould just now. There was a mid position raise to 1,200, flat-called from the button and Josh pumped it up to 4,800 from the big blind. At this point, the dealer raked in all the chips and dealt an three clubs flop before the two other players had even thought about calling the re-raise. With the burn card already taken out, the flop was re-shuffled into the pack and action went back on to the original raiser who ended up quickly folding, as did the button. Josh up to 28k.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2008, 08:54:38 PM »

Stuart Rutter is surviving at the moment - up to 8.5k which is actually an improvement from earlier...

"I've had lots of interesting hands - had to bluff about 8 times and got away with half of them so I can't tell how well I'm playing."

He tells me he's been taking strategy advice from Reg, his LUCKY CHICKEN.

Here is Reg, available for poker tutoring up to 10/20NL.

You think Lloyd is tough with his advice though, wait till you meet Reg. Looks are deceptive. He takes NO prisoners...

Todd Brunson - back up to 12k, one day he WILL smile when I snap him. Well he'll either smile or smack me.

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2008, 09:14:28 PM »

Jan Heitmann and George Danzer fans! Your guys have 36k and 24k respectively. Jan had just doubled up before the break with 8-8 on a J-8-7 board after c/raising all-in and being snapped called by...A-K.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2008, 09:27:49 PM »

Barking mad lunatic Soren Jensen is thinking for ages, shaking his head continually as he systematically flicks one card over another whilst eye-ing up the 5k bet his opponent has put into the pot whilst the board reads . He does this for about a minute, before taking out the 5k and putting into the pot and quickly turning over . His opponent mucks, the fire in Soren's eyes lights up. Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a Soren eruption!!

"SOOOOOOOOOOREEEEEEEEEEEN, SOREN KUN SUE ME!!! AYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEE SOREN SOREN SOREN!" and temporarily Soren the poker player has been replaced by Soren, the 9th century Viking Beserker, drunk with rage and out to rape and pillage...

Or at least dance around like a kid with his arms aloft, screaming for a minute.

He has over 30k. We have burst eardrums.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2008, 09:49:40 PM »

Antonio has prospered after his early start, although progress has slowed slightly.

Here he is holding 26k or so with the always impeccably dressed Thomas Kremser looking to pick up i-pod tips off him...

John Kabbaj is going along well on 20k or so.

As I join his table he raises to 1200 from EP and is called in 2 spots.

FLOP Two Diamonds

Check from Kabbaj, Mateyboy 1 bets 700, raised to 2,100 by mateyboy 2, JK gets out of the way, Mateyboy 1 calls...

TURN:

CHECK, CHECK

RIVER:

CHECK, Bet of 3.5k, called by Matey 1.

Matey 1 shows T-T which is good versus the busted mighty flush draw of matey 2 .

Here is John, pre-surgery to have a Katja Thatur growth removed from his head, sandwiched between two zombies...

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2008, 09:59:29 PM »

Tony G!

One of my favourite players and he's barely had a mention.

To be fair he is secreted discreetly away in a far flung corner of the poker room. Nontheless I travelled far and wide, traversing dangerous lands, braving wave after wave of belligerent media trying to halt and hinder my progress but ultimately, bruised and bloodied, I emerged and found shining in my path, the holy grail and purpose of my adventure.

TONY G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is the man. He was a bit miffed actually as he'd jsut had a bad beat KK v JJ. Thank god it wasn't a Russian who did it!

He currently has 10k or so and looks a bit tired. Don't worry though...I gee'd him up!

Accidental random picture of the day. Or excellent toe shot. Your call.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2008, 10:16:05 PM »

Big pot for Jan Heitmann.

UTG limps, Jan limps in mid-position, the button limps, the small blind folds and the big blind checks.

With 1.4k in the pot, the big blind open shoves for 6k, UTG calls, now Jan thinks and then pushes for around 24k total. UTG snap calls!

BB:

UTG:

Jan:

Turn:

So, Jan has to dodge any Ace, King, Four, Five or Eight...

River:

No luck and Heitmann is the chip leader with 60k.

And close behind him is Eric Koskas with about 57k. Benjo says, as we upload photos, "If you go back out there he could have 100k or he could be out, either is just as likely."

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2008, 10:38:00 PM »

Roberto has been SHOOTING up, now on a massive 37k or so. Wowzer.

As I predicted the augmentation of his stack has been matched by a proportionate increase in the noise levels at his table. It's interesting because he is sharing the felt with Johannes Strassmann. I witnessed Johannes first hand on the final table in Dortmund and he was by far the most vocal of all the players there.

He hadn't met Roberto at that stage though.

As Roberto raises another pot and wins the blinds, Johannes tries to make him put the brakes on.

"You're raising too much, I'll have to get involved soon!"

"I'm raising too much??? Every time I've riased I've shown a hand. Not like you. You keep raising and showing me T-8 rubbish like that. Isn't that right?"

[Roberto gestures to his tablemates looking for support. There is just some quiet Italian giggling.]

"I've always got a hand me." - Surprisingly the table doesn't burst into laughter at this point. Whatever, it's working well for Roberto and he now holds a powerful stack.

Here is mid lecture on his tight raising requirements with the fellow to the left of the dealer trying desperately to get a word in!

« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 11:01:05 PM by JungleCat03 » Logged

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2008, 10:44:26 PM »

Thanks for the great updates guys.

Any news of Paul Gourlay please.

15k at the moment, with 'Rocket Man' by Elton John on the iPod. Cheesy

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2008, 10:47:36 PM »

George Danzer hasn't had the same luck as his friend Jan.

"I raised to 1,200 with A-7. I get one caller, the flop comes 4-4-7 with two diamonds, we both check, the turn is the , he bets 1,000, I make it 3,000, he makes it 8,000 so I go all-in for 25,000. He calls with and rivers the ."

George down to around 5k.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2008, 10:49:35 PM »

I bumped into Martin Wendt as he popped out for a quick cigarette.

"How's it going Martin"

"Ahh, not great. Only got 10k"

We chat a bit about a couple of things and he mentions several times how he thinks Julian is a great player and even has a quick chirp about how he had a % of him in Baden.

"I knew he would win a tournament soon at that point" - pretty spot on judgement then!

Here's Martin, hoping to work his 10k into a worthwhile stack...

Just after this, Soren came marauding into the area, clenching his forearms repeatedly, waving them about like he was carving apart foes on one of his viking expeditions.

I tried to photograph him but he called on the spirits of Valhalla before I could snap him and disappeared with a roar into the ether. He's an amusing chap i must say!

Artist's impression.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2008, 10:49:42 PM »

Thanks for the great updates guys.

Any news of Paul Gourlay please.

15k at the moment, with 'Rocket Man' by Elton John on the iPod. Cheesy

Tim Blake is also around this amount with about 17k.

Best dressed man in the room, Gino Alacqua is OUT.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2008, 10:58:47 PM »

Pretty dealer picture to keep you perked up. Sorry to the guy on her right who thought I was snapping him. Hey I was! Kind of.

Stu Rutter - 9k now. Can't seem to build his stack into something worthwhile but he's not sinking yet. Here he is with his poker tutor. The guy on his right really needs to sort out his dreads though - I hesitate to say they're dreadful but.........they're dreadful!

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2008, 11:32:38 PM »

Tim Blake aka the Timinator...( Ah go on then....just one more time!

Click to see full-size image.

)

is down to 11k and suffering. He'll be needing to make a move to double up soon.

Danny Negreanu - 22k. Good work from the canadian superstar!

Dennis Kobbero Plejdrup is OUT, victim of a canadian player i THINK is called Jordan Lande.

Lande flopped a set of with 8-8 whilst Dennis 8-9 top pair was virtually drawing dead on the flop and by the turn, it actually was. He'll probably be telling his mates about his one out bad beat later...

Lande up to 35k or so...

« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 11:34:32 PM by JungleCat03 » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: