blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:45:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272626 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Abi Titmuss
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Abi Titmuss  (Read 42486 times)
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: May 06, 2008, 10:54:58 PM »

I have also proved I can play the game:

I won an EPT qualifier at the Vic, 250 players and 10 tickets up for grabs, a lot of players were very complimentary of how I played.
I lasted 9 hours in the London EPT
I lasted 9 hours in the GUKPT
I made the Cash at the weekend in the Ladbrokes ELC

Cheesy

This actually made me laugh so much i had to pause GTA.

What, come on, it proves that I can at least last a bit. I have only just started playing live and this is not bad at all, don't take the mick. I am very proud of my achievements to date. I've played some good poker and it can only get better from here right Smiley

please dont rise to comments from people who assume you are useless and only got sponsored because of how you look- you know the truth and thats all that should matter. Flushy obviously won a bracelet and an EPT in his first 3 or 4 live events so is in a great position to mock you. Obviously why he hasn't been picked up for sponsorship with his male model looks is a mystery to everyone at blonde Wink Stuff his mocking down his throat with a couple of nice results this year is the best way to deal with him.

ariston

better lucky than good
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 06, 2008, 10:57:57 PM »

what with some of the stuff that's come up on this thread and others over the last couple of days and the recent catgirl stunt it seems as though the world of poker (on the surface at least) is moving further away from becoming a woman friendly enviornment and becoming quite the opposite.  I'm not in a very articulate mood at the minute so can't really explain it, but I find it saddening and a bit of a backwards step that women in poker seem to be considered more of a 'novelty' than ever.

Catgirl made her own choice about that - to get a seat in a tourney. She demeaned herself imho.

I agree, and I think it's the women involved in several cases that are perpetuating the problems.  

I agree. I met Liv last week doing that women in poker discussion thing at Sky - really nice woman. I had researched some stuff before I went and thought the following interesting if only as an example of how the press perceive woemen poker players, but how we also let them.

Press release about Liv and Absolute poker in one of the poker mags - pic if Liv with an electric guitar, laying back on a sofa thing with the guitar provocatively held between her legs. Nice photo - dont get me wrong - she looks great in it. Next page of magazine - Jon Kalmar has been signed for Laddies. Picture of him at a poker table riffling chips.....

This is not to blame Liv. If I had a sponsor and they wanted to get a photo of me looking gorgeous and provocative and they were prepared to pay for the airbrushing fees would I refuse on principle? Probably not - opportunity to look great in print....I'm unlikely to say no.

Would Jon Kalmar be up for the same deal?  As a bloke less likely to be asked, but also he would probably not be that bothered by getting a great picture of himself I would imagine.

However there is a difference between a guitar and a bikini. A guitar I accept as the way of the commercial world. Liv is fully clothed for goodness sake.
Bikini? Bigger price to pay imho - I have sympathy for someone who is that desperate to get a buy in to a poker comp that they cavort around in their underwear.

liv would struggle to look anything but gorgeous in anything she was to turn up in but please the thought of skalie in a bikini is making me feel sick (ive just got back from a nice thai restaraunt). Having said that if a lot of men on the circuit were told they would get a sponsorship if they were to pose in their boxers I'm sure many would jump at the chance (thank god nobody is making those offers though)

ariston

better lucky than good
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 06, 2008, 10:58:38 PM »

I have also proved I can play the game:

I won an EPT qualifier at the Vic, 250 players and 10 tickets up for grabs, a lot of players were very complimentary of how I played.
I lasted 9 hours in the London EPT
I lasted 9 hours in the GUKPT
I made the Cash at the weekend in the Ladbrokes ELC

Cheesy

This actually made me laugh so much i had to pause GTA.

What, come on, it proves that I can at least last a bit. I have only just started playing live and this is not bad at all, don't take the mick. I am very proud of my achievements to date. I've played some good poker and it can only get better from here right Smiley

please dont rise to comments from people who assume you are useless and only got sponsored because of how you look- you know the truth and thats all that should matter. Flushy obviously won a bracelet and an EPT in his first 3 or 4 live events so is in a great position to mock you. Obviously why he hasn't been picked up for sponsorship with his male model looks is a mystery to everyone at blonde Wink Stuff his mocking down his throat with a couple of nice results this year is the best way to deal with him.

Flipping heck Russ - that is the best post I've ever seen you make. There wasn't a sexist word in it.  
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 06, 2008, 10:59:47 PM »

He's hoping for a date?

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 06, 2008, 11:01:29 PM »

He's hoping for a date?

Word. sigh....
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 06, 2008, 11:04:11 PM »

there you go I defend a lady and all the women on here think I am doing it to get a date lol

I can't win so I may as well just ask why you lot are still posting on here? don't you have womanly duties to be dealing with at this time of night? Wink

ariston

better lucky than good
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 06, 2008, 11:12:06 PM »

I've done them.  Kids have been ordered to clean their rooms and go to bed.  Check.  Himself was asked to clean up the kitchen as he was last to arrive for the dinner.  Check.  Small one brought in my cuppa and snack before she hit the sack.  Check.  Kids kissed goodnight.  Check.  Himself sent to the pub so he wouldn't annoy me whilst I take control of computer AND telly remote.  Check.  And all is right with the world.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 06, 2008, 11:14:18 PM »

If I had a sponsor and they wanted to get a photo of me looking gorgeous and provocative and they were prepared to pay for the airbrushing fees would I refuse on principle? Probably not - opportunity to look great in print....I'm unlikely to say no.

Let's say Absolute called you now and said they wanted to sponsor you in return for you wearing their branding etc.  Would you do it?

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 06, 2008, 11:15:07 PM »

.  Himself sent to the pub so he wouldn't annoy me

will you marry me plz??

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
KingPoker
Complete and utter luckbox

CHAMPION OF EUROPE!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 06, 2008, 11:17:12 PM »

what with some of the stuff that's come up on this thread and others over the last couple of days and the recent catgirl stunt it seems as though the world of poker (on the surface at least) is moving further away from becoming a woman friendly enviornment and becoming quite the opposite.  I'm not in a very articulate mood at the minute so can't really explain it, but I find it saddening and a bit of a backwards step that women in poker seem to be considered more of a 'novelty' than ever.

Catgirl made her own choice about that - to get a seat in a tourney. She demeaned herself imho.

I agree, and I think it's the women involved in several cases that are perpetuating the problems.  

I have sympathy for someone who is that desperate to get a buy in to a poker comp that they cavort around in their underwear.

CYMRU AM BYTH!    Join my fan club on facebook thumbs up 
Voted Best Arse of Blonde bash 6!
Liv

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 06, 2008, 11:28:59 PM »

Press release about Liv and Absolute poker in one of the poker mags - pic if Liv with an electric guitar, laying back on a sofa thing with the guitar provocatively held between her legs. Nice photo - dont get me wrong - she looks great in it. Next page of magazine - Jon Kalmar has been signed for Laddies. Picture of him at a poker table riffling chips.....

I should clarify about this actually - the use of my guitar in some of the photos was completely my idea.  I play guitar loads and the whole "rock chick/heavy metal" thing is part of my persona so I thought it'd be a good idea to include it in the initial promo shots.  However, in hindsight I appreciate the positioning of it could be misinterpreted as a bit phallic - although at the time I was going on what the photographer said looks cool (who incidentally, was a woman!) so what was meant to be a very innocent but rock'n'roll picture perhaps could look slightly weird to those with dirtier minds!!!!

However, the most important part is that it is a bloody gorgeous guitar and it's my baby and hence there must be nothing bad said about it please!
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 06, 2008, 11:33:36 PM »

If I had a sponsor and they wanted to get a photo of me looking gorgeous and provocative and they were prepared to pay for the airbrushing fees would I refuse on principle? Probably not - opportunity to look great in print....I'm unlikely to say no.

Let's say Absolute called you now and said they wanted to sponsor you in return for you wearing their branding etc.  Would you do it?

Oooh - difficult one - I assume you are referring to software/security problems they had recently?

I don't know enough about what happened to make a judgement right now, but if they offered to sponsor me I would want to know that all problems had been dealt with properly and that people had been repaid if appropriate.

I'm not sure what exactly what went wrong but that's the gist of it I think?

If a sponsor had a bad reputation but had made their peace and wanted to move on then yes - I would get involved. Who wouldn't? If things hadn't been sorted then I'm not so sure. I'd need more information to make a proper decision - good quesion btw.
I would definitely consider it
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 06, 2008, 11:33:52 PM »

theres nothing wrong with having liv posing in whatever they can talk her into as its a simple fact of human nature that men are more visually stimulated than women. Put liv in a bikini and men would melt, put kal in speedos and women would probably vomit (sorry mate). Women are more mentally stimulated than men so a feature on a bloke would more than likely be on his mind than his body- we can't all look like Patric Antonious or Ryan Fronda after all.

ariston

better lucky than good
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 06, 2008, 11:34:14 PM »

I should clarify about this actually - the use of my guitar in some of the photos was completely my idea.  I play guitar loads and the whole "rock chick/heavy metal" thing is part of my persona so I thought it'd be a good idea to include it in the initial promo shots.  However, in hindsight I appreciate the positioning of it could be misinterpreted as a bit phallic - although at the time I was going on what the photographer said looks cool (who incidentally, was a woman!) so what was meant to be a very innocent but rock'n'roll picture perhaps could look slightly weird to those with dirtier minds!!!!

However, the most important part is that it is a bloody gorgeous guitar and it's my baby and hence there must be nothing bad said about it please!

Liv - I thought the photo was great - it just demonstrated the different approach to men and women in poker.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 11:35:58 PM by Dingdell » Logged
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 06, 2008, 11:37:37 PM »

theres nothing wrong with having liv posing in whatever they can talk her into as its a simple fact of human nature that men are more visually stimulated than women. Put liv in a bikini and men would melt, put kal in speedos and women would probably vomit (sorry mate). Women are more mentally stimulated than men so a feature on a bloke would more than likely be on his mind than his body- we can't all look like Patric Antonious or Ryan Fronda after all.

Ahem. Russ gets it wrong again. Try this.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: