blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 04:11:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272827 Posts in 66757 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Abi Titmuss
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Abi Titmuss  (Read 42815 times)
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: May 06, 2008, 02:10:33 AM »

Michelle Orpe got sponsored too, almost as bad tbh in terms of poker skills but no one says owt about that?

Hey there Acidmouse. The reason that no one says owt about that is because you are completely wrong. My poker skills are far more advanced than Abi's. Of course they are, do you not have a TV? Think about it........I got to sit on a show with 8 different poker experts, 3 nights a week for 4 hours a night for 3 years asking any questions I wanted. I would have to be a complete and utter moron not to have picked up exceptionally good knowledge of the game. My game is actually very good. Of course I am no expert and I do not pretend to be. I am also not under any illusion at all as to how and why I got offered the sponsorship. But Purple are not stupid and the last thing they want to do is sponsor someone who doesn't know what they are doing. The reason Purple sponsored me (if you are interested) is because it is great marketing and publicity. There are not many blonde TV Presenters who can play poker. If I play in a game I generally get pictures taken of me and the TV company's usually want an interview. This is because I am different to the norm, there are many men playing poker so it's normal, they will talk to the big male players, but there are not many young woman so of course they want coverage of me, this is completely natural, the way of the world and why Purple Lounge have sponsored me. But there is no point having a sponsored player who is not in the game long enough for the camera man to adjust his flash and take a picture, so they also need someone who can hold there own and talk the talk. Both of which I can do. I don't have enough live experience yet to play at the levels I want to but this is happening with time....

I have also proved I can play the game:

I won an EPT qualifier at the Vic, 250 players and 10 tickets up for grabs, a lot of players were very complimentary of how I played.
I lasted 9 hours in the London EPT
I lasted 9 hours in the GUKPT
I made the Cash at the weekend in the Ladbrokes ELC

Also, I am a little interested to know how you know the level of my play as 1, I have not played any TV tables recently and 2, I have never played you. So how could you possibly know how good or bad I am!

On the thread:

I think you have to give Abi some credit because she is not taking this lightly, apparently she has been playing everyday for hours to try and learn the game and become good at it. Also I think it is wrong to say bad things about someone you don't know. All you know is how she is perceived in the press. I have never met her so I can't pass judgement, she may be a really horrible person who just wants to get her t**s out to make money, but she also might be a really nice person who once got her t**s out and is now trying something else with her career. I certainly don't blame her for excepting this oppotunity. Think about it.......would you? If someone approaches you and offers you an opportunity, you take it and then you do all you can to make it work. She seems to be doing this so I say good on her and lets offer some support instead of being mean.

As far as woman only tournaments are concerned.....who cares. Men are more whiny than woman are. There are plenty of tournaments to go around so I don't suppose it matters if there are a couple of woman only tournaments knocking about, and if you're that bothered about it why do you not make your own man tournaments, we won't mind. Plus, some woman find it really hard to play men and are really intimidated by men, so for those woman these tournaments are great.

Mich

Hey Mich - I like that Acid mouse assumed you can't play - lets hope that most men think that and use it to your advantage. In my experience it's a valuable misconception.  thumbs up
KingPoker
Complete and utter luckbox

CHAMPION OF EUROPE!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 06, 2008, 02:11:55 AM »

Michelle Orpe got sponsored too, almost as bad tbh in terms of poker skills but no one says owt about that?

Hey there Acidmouse. The reason that no one says owt about that is because you are completely wrong. My poker skills are far more advanced than Abi's. Of course they are, do you not have a TV? Think about it........I got to sit on a show with 8 different poker experts, 3 nights a week for 4 hours a night for 3 years asking any questions I wanted. I would have to be a complete and utter moron not to have picked up exceptionally good knowledge of the game. My game is actually very good. Of course I am no expert and I do not pretend to be. I am also not under any illusion at all as to how and why I got offered the sponsorship. But Purple are not stupid and the last thing they want to do is sponsor someone who doesn't know what they are doing. The reason Purple sponsored me (if you are interested) is because it is great marketing and publicity. There are not many blonde TV Presenters who can play poker. If I play in a game I generally get pictures taken of me and the TV company's usually want an interview. This is because I am different to the norm, there are many men playing poker so it's normal, they will talk to the big male players, but there are not many young woman so of course they want coverage of me, this is completely natural, the way of the world and why Purple Lounge have sponsored me. But there is no point having a sponsored player who is not in the game long enough for the camera man to adjust his flash and take a picture, so they also need someone who can hold there own and talk the talk. Both of which I can do. I don't have enough live experience yet to play at the levels I want to but this is happening with time....

I won an EPT qualifier at the Vic, 250 players and 10 tickets up for grabs, a lot of players were very complimentary of how I played.

Also, I am a little interested to know how you know the level of my play as 1, I have not played any TV tables recently and 2, I have never played you. So how could you possibly know how good or bad I am!

On the thread:

I think you have to give Abi some credit because she is not taking this lightly, apparently she has been playing everyday for hours to try and learn the game and become good at it. Also I think it is wrong to say bad things about someone you don't know. All you know is how she is perceived in the press. I have never met her so I can't pass judgement, she may be a really horrible person who just wants to get her t**s out to make money, but she also might be a really nice person who once got her t**s out and is now trying something else with her career. I certainly don't blame her for excepting this oppotunity. Think about it.......would you? If someone approaches you and offers you an opportunity, you take it and then you do all you can to make it work. She seems to be doing this so I say good on her and lets offer some support instead of being mean.

As far as woman only tournaments are concerned.....who cares. Men are more whiny than woman are. There are plenty of tournaments to go around so I don't suppose it matters if there are a couple of woman only tournaments knocking about, and if you're that bothered about it why do you not make your own man tournaments, we won't mind. Plus, some woman find it really hard to play men and are really intimidated by men, so for those woman these tournaments are great.

Mich

Hey Mich - I like that Acid mouse assumed you can't play - lets hope that most men think that and use it to your advantage. In my experience it's a valuable misconception.  thumbs up

while we are on the subject on conception michelle.....

CYMRU AM BYTH!    Join my fan club on facebook thumbs up 
Voted Best Arse of Blonde bash 6!
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 06, 2008, 02:20:52 AM »

On the thread:

Mich

while we are on the subject on conception michelle.....
KP would like some help with some sheep
KingPoker

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 06, 2008, 02:24:48 AM »

sigh, the sheep are great but not for offspring obv.

Thats where michelle comes in, with her looks and poker playing ability and my endless luckbox ways it would simply be the best looking poker player ever!

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 06, 2008, 04:26:09 AM »

Cheesy

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 06, 2008, 04:44:55 AM »

Cheesy

This actually made me laugh so much i had to pause GTA.
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 06, 2008, 05:05:38 AM »

The blonde bird in the blonde poker vertical banner on this page looks a bit Abi Titmussesque.

blonde bird in blonde poker banner- it would be rude not too........abi titmus- not with yours mate
This made me LOOOOOOL
Ariston , as if you would say no

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
Nursey

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 06, 2008, 02:11:46 PM »

Cheesy

What, come on, it proves that I can at least last a bit. I have only just started playing live and this is not bad at all, don't take the mick. I am very proud of my achievements to date. I've played some good poker and it can only get better from here right Smiley
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #218 on: May 06, 2008, 02:24:20 PM »

Cheesy

What, come on, it proves that I can at least last a bit. I have only just started playing live and this is not bad at all, don't take the mick. I am very proud of my achievements to date. I've played some good poker and it can only get better from here right Smiley

Michelle, forget all those silly little tourneys, the true test is the blonde bash comp. By chance it's this weekend, get your name down and silence the critics.

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 06, 2008, 02:40:34 PM »

Cheesy

Hi Michelle,

you said in your post that you're not playing at the levels you would like to yet, but have gone on to say that you played an EPT event and a GUKPT event.  Just interested to know what levels you aspire to if that is the case?

As for whether you/Abi should have taken the sponsorship - damn right you should.  I'd leap at it, but unfortunately have not been blessed in the looks department Sad  I am getting my hair highlighted in a couple of days though, so you never know Cheesy

Best of luck to you, and do come to the bash if you can!

Claire

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #220 on: May 06, 2008, 02:46:03 PM »

Cheesy

Hi Michelle,

you said in your post that you're not playing at the levels you would like to yet, but have gone on to say that you played an EPT event and a GUKPT event.  Just interested to know what levels you aspire to if that is the case?

As for whether you/Abi should have taken the sponsorship - damn right you should.  I'd leap at it, but unfortunately have not been blessed in the looks department Sad  I am getting my hair highlighted in a couple of days though, so you never know Cheesy

Claire

ffs, don't put yourself down, it is an open secret that kin has a pin up photo of you on his wall, KP would have the same but is waiting for you to model a sheepskin jacket.

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
KingPoker

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 06, 2008, 02:47:13 PM »

Cheesy

Hi Michelle,

Claire

ffs, don't put yourself down, it is an open secret that kin has a pin up photo of you on his wall, KP would have the same but is waiting for you to model a sheepskin jacket.

She did that for me ages ago.....

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 06, 2008, 02:54:29 PM »

Cheesy

Hi Michelle,

Claire

lol - I'm not putting myself down, I'm a realist is all!  Don't mind anyhow, at least I know that anything I win is down to my game luck rather than being offered something on a plate coz I've got a purdy face (although I'm not knocking those that get that opportunity).  why do I feel like whatever I write I'm digging a hole?!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 02:56:26 PM by Claw75 » Logged

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 06, 2008, 03:00:46 PM »

Less than 0.1% of the female population are models - there are a lot of women having to be realistic....

When I was working on the vice squad the women of the night/day/afternoon delights who got more clients than the others tended to be the uglier onces. Men didn't feel intimidated apparently. UNless they wanted to be intimidated but that was extra..
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 06, 2008, 03:02:52 PM »

Less than 0.1% of the female population are models - there are a lot of women having to be realistic....

When I was working on the vice squad the women of the night/day/afternoon delights who got more clients than the others tended to be the uglier onces. Men didn't feel intimidated apparently. UNless they wanted to be intimidated but that was extra..

thanks Trace - it's good to know there are opportunities out there if the poker goes tits up Grin  thumbs up

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: