blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:35:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Learning Centre (Moderators: Longy, JungleCat03)
| | | |-+  timing out strategy...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: timing out strategy...  (Read 3919 times)
Newmanseye

I defy you, stars!

View Profile
« on: April 11, 2008, 10:15:24 PM »

I noticed a player would time out before the button with garbage cards up to 3 - 4 places when when players joined the table, is this a common strategy to entice raises on your big blind or is this fella / Bint a moron? 

BTW i am 2 bottles of wine down whilst asking this, so any mistakes i blame ironside

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."

Hans Gruber - Die Hard
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 10:28:03 PM »

Erm what?

BTW i am 2 bottles of wine down whilst asking this, so any mistakes i blame ironside

Really? I can't tell.
Newmanseye

I defy you, stars!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 10:34:09 PM »

see I blame Iron

Anyway, my question was , is using this strategy of timing out untill yuoyu find a decent hand in the BB often used to trap people?

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."

Hans Gruber - Die Hard
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 10:41:00 PM »

Occasionally you see people deliberately use extra time trying to pretend they have a decision when in fact they don't. As for preflop which I think you mean, no i don't recollect this being a strategy I have seen employed. It is often just someone multitabling or with a bad connection.
Newmanseye

I defy you, stars!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 10:53:01 PM »

Yep, pre flop, and sorry for the drunk question, Normal sober arsey-ness will resume tomorrow

Hans Gruber - Die Hard
Dino

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2008, 06:44:36 AM »

I think what he means is ,timing out so that you show as a sit out, then clicking back in when someone tries to nick your blind with nothing cos you're away.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2008, 10:54:49 AM »

I think what he means is ,timing out so that you show as a sit out, then clicking back in when someone tries to nick your blind with nothing cos you're away.

Ah..now that's in English so we can understand.

It's a stupid strat...if at all.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Newmanseye

I defy you, stars!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2008, 11:16:56 AM »

right, i am sober and hung over, lets see if i can explain what i could not when i was drunk.

I was playing a full ring game cash last night, I noticed one player would time out on his big blind and possibly up to 3 plays before his big blind too, He did this when a new player joined the game, hence i noticed the pattern, as the game had a lot of players coming and going after they bust.

On a few occasions, he had "the goods" in the big blind, and people that were nicking his blind got caught with the hand in the cookie jar or managed to donk off a fair amount of cash to his monster in the attempt to make him believe...

Its the first time i had ever seen this, and it seemed to be quite profitable when this chap found a hand in the blinds.

Hence my question, have you ever seen this strategy

If thats not as clear as mud i give up.

Hans Gruber - Die Hard
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: