blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:04:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Learning Centre (Moderators: Longy, JungleCat03)
| | | |-+  Suited Aces
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Suited Aces  (Read 2389 times)
Wannabe

View Profile
« on: April 11, 2008, 10:34:52 PM »

Hi Guys

Question for all you experts about low limit hold 'em and suited connectors. I have only just started playing online and have done OK - broken about even on my first week (well just a little down actually) but I seem to be losing most money on drawing hands like suited aces and suited connectors when I flop the draw.

I am playing just 10c/25c at the moment whilst I try to build a bankroll. I think by reading some previous posts I have figured out I have been overplaying the suited aces and suited connectors in early position where I have been limping in and calling a raise. This is probably wrong as I end up check calling and it's either obvious when I make the flush/str8, and put in the big bet or I miss and lose the pot.

But what is the best way to play them in position? Are they even +EV at this level (surely they should be), is it entirely dependant on your opponent. I get the fact I need to have implied odds so stack sizes are important but whenever I hit I don't seem to be getting paid off. I assume I am doing something wrong here, although I know I am talking a very small sample size. But I still feel I could use some advice on this kind of hand when I flop the draw.

I my better off raising on the flop with the nut flush draw or just calling and trying to make my hand as cheaply as possible?
How do I decide if I have the odds to call a bet on the flop and turn.
If I make my hand I have to bet - how should I size the bet (I have pretty much been just betting the size of the pot)

Thanks again for your help
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 10:49:26 PM »

Are you playing 6 max or full ring as preflop strategies are noticably different.

As for limp/calling in ep i would stop doing this with any hand you are not sure how to play postflop.As you will often be out of position with at best a drawing hand, draws are lot harder to play and get value from oop. In 6 max never open limp imo. If you playing full ring just limp pocket pairs from ep and play for set value.

As for playing them in position make sure you are getting good implied odds and that the player you are in the pot with will stack off enough to justify the implied odds.

As for postflop strategy with draws, I will often raise bets with strong /nut draws and be prepared to felt combo draws (11+ outs). Fold equity will often make up for the fact that your hand is statistically a dog and you can often buy a free card on the turn.

In truth just post some hands if you are unsure and want specific replies.
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 10:53:07 PM »

Suited aces?
Are you playing on ipoker?

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: