blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 12:06:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272930 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Pokerstars.com EPT Monte Carlo Grand Final - Day 3 - Interactive
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars.com EPT Monte Carlo Grand Final - Day 3 - Interactive  (Read 82683 times)
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: April 15, 2008, 06:06:40 PM »

Why dont they just offer the bubble finisher 10k euros and get on with the game?

Jen and I are currently having a whip round in the media room. People are surprisingly charitable in these situations.
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 15, 2008, 06:08:24 PM »

It would make sense! Im only a recreational player, and i prefer to play live than online, but its the bubble play which annoys me!

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 15, 2008, 06:09:58 PM »

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST....

And it's the owner of this teddy...

moffsy

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 15, 2008, 06:10:11 PM »

It would make sense! Im only a recreational player, and i prefer to play live than online, but its the bubble play which annoys me!

Come on..please do use you'r brain. (no offense)
What will u do with the 'bubble' before the 10k payout then??

..death to all AA limpers..
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 15, 2008, 06:12:00 PM »

Surinder Sunar, with 35k on the big blind, shoving over the top of Ricardo Sousa with .  Sousa held .
Flop: 
Turn:
River:

And after nearly three and a half hours, Surinder takes the worst spot in the EPT Grand Final, and everyone else takes off 45mins for dinner.  Actually, he probably does that too.  It would be way too harsh to deny him access to the player buffet on top of everything.

Dana’s posting her pictures which should follow shortly.

Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 15, 2008, 06:14:05 PM »

Pardon? i was just making a suggestion! after 2 hours of bubble play (or however long it has been) playing hand for hand at 8 mins per hand thats 7/8 hands per level which takes the micheal! if the bubble goes on for this long then why not say pay the next person out whatever the buy in was and the the play would loosen up!

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: April 15, 2008, 06:14:24 PM »

did you catch the big arguement between hachem and woody?

Hello. I saw/heard this confrontation, and, I must confess, thoroughly enjoyed it from an entertainment perspective. Basically, Joe Hachem had just lost a huge pot, which, my source informs me, went check check at the end, and tried to muck his cards on the River. A couple of the players, one of whom was Woody Deck, were demanding to see his cards, but Hachem refused. Woody Deck then called him an asshole and hinted that he was being a diva and trying to play the 'superstar card' (ie. too famous to have to show). At this point, and I got a great view of this, Hachem leapt out of his chair in a fit of rage and bellowed, "Who the fuck do you think you are", even, and it brings a tear to my eye that a player could use such a derogatory word, calling Woody 'Euro'. As Woody shrugged his shoulders and sat their grinning like a naughty schoolchild, Hachem paced around the table momentarily before storming off.

In the interest of fairness, I have been informed that Joe bluffed the River of this hand and was called, as opposed to it being checked down. The question is, does this make a difference, or do players still have a right to see the hand if they so wish?
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 15, 2008, 06:15:23 PM »

and their in no ' in your!

rag2gar

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 15, 2008, 06:16:06 PM »

Hows Roy Brindley/Peter Roche getting on?

Whatever you do don't tell me they are out, I'm not sure if I could handle that
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: April 15, 2008, 06:16:08 PM »

and their in no ' in your!

Is that Scottish?
moffsy

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 15, 2008, 06:16:40 PM »

Pardon? i was just making a suggestion! after 2 hours of bubble play (or however long it has been) playing hand for hand at 8 mins per hand thats 7/8 hands per level which takes the micheal! if the bubble goes on for this long then why not say pay the next person out whatever the buy in was and the the play would loosen up!

I do see u'r point sir, but u gotta see that all u do is creating another 'bubble' with that suggestion.

gourlay

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 15, 2008, 06:18:58 PM »

At least the battle between girgsy and moffsy (or whatever) has brightened up my wait for the bubble to burst ! ! ! ! PS Moffsy is right IMO 
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 15, 2008, 06:19:28 PM »

how is it? the previous player went out over 2 hours ago! i take your point! the bubble is there for a reason but sometimes its logical just to say this is getting a joke and in effect burst the bubble by offering the next player out his/her money back! Nobody wants to grind it out for 3 days to bubble!

iubullets

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 15, 2008, 06:23:19 PM »

going to need a chip count on matt kurtzzzzz and pics now that he is SHIPPppPpppPPin IT in the moniezzzzzzz
moffsy

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 15, 2008, 06:23:26 PM »

how is it? the previous player went out over 2 hours ago! i take your point! the bubble is there for a reason but sometimes its logical just to say this is getting a joke and in effect burst the bubble by offering the next player out his/her money back! Nobody wants to grind it out for 3 days to bubble!

Ha ha..I may be going out on a limb here but..right now I place you as a player that makes a ghey raise(min raise) holding Aces pre, with 5 limpers in front, only to sit and whine for 20 mins afterwards when they get cracked by 63 sooooooted? Grin

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: