blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:45:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  PokerStars EPT Monte Carlo: Day 4 - Interactive
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: PokerStars EPT Monte Carlo: Day 4 - Interactive  (Read 62607 times)
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: April 16, 2008, 07:43:56 PM »

Click to see full-size image.

Has he been auditioning for the remake of Space Camp?

Am I dense??? I don't know what this means?  lol

TR23

I'm just saying he looks a little like a trainee astronaut... Wink

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: April 16, 2008, 07:58:59 PM »

Whilst Jen and Dana have been keeping a close eye on the outer tables, I've been watching the feature table out of the corner of my. I haven't spotted any huge pot as of yet, but I do recall them stating that Denmark's Stig Rasmussen was chip leader at that particular table with 1.3 million, predominantly due to that enormous A-T vs. J-J hand from earlier.
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 16, 2008, 08:04:38 PM »

Double through for Thomas Boekhoff - much needed - with A-Q vs. K-Q (that of Isaac Baron) all in pre.

Innnnteresting 4-way flop News Now:

Glen Chorny raises to 32k in the cutoff, called by button Michael Martin and both small blind (Lodden) and big blind (Gwinner).
Flop:  two hearts   Slow, deliberate check to Martin, who bet 80k.  As one might expect...no one was interested past this point, however, and he picked it up right there.

What do you reckon Michael had on the button there... this little bird told me...

Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 16, 2008, 08:09:34 PM »

Joint winners of hoody of the day week month year are John Tabatabai and Josh Gould.  OMG.

dusterman

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 16, 2008, 08:11:31 PM »

Joint winners of hoody of the day week month year are John Tabatabai and Josh Gould.  OMG.

Offering them a fiver for the pair?
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: April 16, 2008, 08:11:44 PM »

There's about 200 or 300k in the pot by the river - the board is exactly and Isaac Baron bets 215k - almost half his remaining stack. Robin Keston deliberates. There is some huffing. He stands up. He puts one foot up on the chair (how come players are allowed to put their feet on the chairs when updaters get in trouble for standing on them to see what's going on? Oh, could be something to do with all the lovely money the players are about to win Smiley ).

Disappointingly, he passes. Sad
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: April 16, 2008, 08:21:05 PM »

Play has either slowed down a bit all round, or I run bad at this updating lark. Most of the action I caught on my last circuit of the Inner Rail Press Area involved nicking of blinds, and the occasional nicking attempt foiled by a re-raise. Loosen up players, say I, like this unusual monkey thing! Have you no amazing Monte Carlo Bay suites to go to?

« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 08:27:55 PM by danafish » Logged
rdmr

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 16, 2008, 08:22:50 PM »

Do you have a chip count for Baron?
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: April 16, 2008, 08:25:54 PM »

I don't think his chip counts has changed much since the dinner break. In fact, there appears to be very little in the way of action to report at the moment, most players seemingly tightening up as the final two tables beckon. Also, the action as a whole has ground to a near halt, every decision becoming a perhaps overly dramatic and consequently time-consuming one. I guess that's understandable though.
rdmr

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 16, 2008, 08:26:35 PM »

I don't think his chip counts has changed much since the dinner break. In fact, there appears to be very little in the way of action to report at the moment, most players seemingly tightening up as the final two tables beckon. Also, the action as a whole has ground to a near halt, every decision becoming a perhaps overly dramatic and consequently time-consuming one. I guess that's understandable though.
OK cool, thanks for the quick response. Smiley
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: April 16, 2008, 08:30:01 PM »

Watching Joe Hachem's table, I did notice that Thomas Boekhoff won four consecutive pots, and would surely have been tempted to go for that monumental fifth. The first one was simple; Ace King under the gun, raised, won. The second hand he found Sevens on the blind and pushed small blinder Vincent Secher off the pot with a bet of 77k. Then, after winning a battle of the blinds confrontation with Joe Hachem with a small bet on the River of a checked board, he went on to raise the button and nick the blinds, the big blind being Isaac Baron who folded without much hesitation. Incredibly, I think I was the only one who noticed this little succession of victories, no one commenting on his four hands in a row achievement. He is kinda quiet though.
jpean

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 16, 2008, 08:31:37 PM »

How are the two Frenchies ? (table Hachem)

another question...
This time the player are OUT is less quickly than last time... is there a hour limit ?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 08:36:43 PM by jpean » Logged

trying to stay at $0.10/$0.25...
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: April 16, 2008, 08:38:12 PM »

another question...
This time the player are OUT is less quickly than last time... is there a hour limit ?

The clock is 90 minutes as this event, jpean, as opposed to just the one hour. Also, the players starting with 15k in chips rather than 10k.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: April 16, 2008, 08:40:59 PM »

The media event has just commenced, so much of the pressroom has been emptied. However, your blonde warriors have decided to plod on. Hurrah... mainly because if we see any more cards, raises, pots, etc we're going to cry.  Cry
jpean

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 16, 2008, 08:41:07 PM »

another question...

The clock is 90 minutes as this event, jpean, as opposed to just the one hour. Also, the players starting with 15k in chips rather than 10k.

Maybe I have not clearly explain my question...

Supposing they are still 13 players at 2am... Do they continue to have the final 8 ? or is there a moment where they could stop without have the final table?

trying to stay at $0.10/$0.25...
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: