blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:30:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  IPL
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IPL  (Read 4925 times)
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2018, 10:51:29 PM »

IPL is becoming my favourite sporting event of the year. This year has been particularly good with so many close matches.

I have become a real Kane Williamson fan boy. I have always thought he was a vastly underrated batsman but didn't realise what a leader he is. He has taken a team perhaps lacking some of the star power of other sides and led them to some amazing victories. His captaincy is intriguing....... he trusts his bowlers and sets fields suited not only suited to their style but to the stage of the game. I'm really pulling for the Sunrisers to win it all this year.
DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2018, 11:02:13 PM »

I'm really pulling for the Sunrisers to win it all this year.

Me too, I've lumped on thanks to a tighty/BE recommend (can't remember which)!
nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2018, 11:15:20 AM »

Buttler continued his excellent form yesterday. Stokes was economical but no wickets. Opening the batting as well, which given RR started the tournament with a load of opening options is a bit bizarre
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2018, 12:57:56 PM »

Buttler continued his excellent form yesterday. Stokes was economical but no wickets. Opening the batting as well, which given RR started the tournament with a load of opening options is a bit bizarre

I thought Stokes looked utterly clueless at the top of the innings. Whilst Buttler was scoring fast with proper cricket shots and timing, Stokes just wanted to put the ball into orbit with premeditated heaves. A man who has forgotten the type of batting that got him the big contract.............
nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2018, 07:27:56 PM »

Buttler again amazing, and Jofra the stand-out bowler. Even Stokes managed a few poles!

RE last game, I'd have a little bit of sympathy for him. He's playing an unfamiliar role and he may well have had the instructions to make sure he utilized the first 6, given how frenetic he batted.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2018, 07:34:09 PM »

Buttler again amazing, and Jofra the stand-out bowler. Even Stokes managed a few poles!

RE last game, I'd have a little bit of sympathy for him. He's playing an unfamiliar role and he may well have had the instructions to make sure he utilized the first 6, given how frenetic he batted.

Missed it today damn......
nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2018, 09:52:39 PM »

IPL was at it's most unpredictable today, KXIP bowled out for 88 with almost 5 overs remaining at a ground where 425 runs were scored last game. Go hard or go home (!)

Moeen bowled a tidy few overs inamongst the carnage.

Buttlerstan play tomorrow :-)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2018, 03:51:30 PM »

one way to celebrate a test recall

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pompeynick

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2018, 09:24:58 PM »

A.B deVilliers' catch to dismiss Alex Hales in the game today is well worth a watch.
nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2018, 07:58:14 AM »

England player watch:

Buttler finally failed to make a 50, but his previous efforts got him an England test recall. I think he'll be of more use to England if we allow him to specialize solely on white ball skills rather than him trying to adapt his game to red ball cricket, but we'll see. Stokes again couldn't make an impact with the bat, but bowled well and was finally amongst the wickets.

Yesterday Moeen blazed a 50 for RCB and got Hales out (As Nick says, De Villiers catch was a little bit tasty!) Hales has got 3 "decent" scores and 3 low ones so far, he'll be itching to go big though. His place in the side is secure and they defintely have at least 3 games left, so he'll get the opportunity.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: