blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:12:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  blondes: We need you for a Added value Forum Championship
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 ... 59 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blondes: We need you for a Added value Forum Championship  (Read 91659 times)
jizzemm

BB6 Footy Winners - WALES.

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: June 04, 2008, 12:49:31 PM »

the only prize the team is playing for is their forum members get a £1000 freeroll that everyone can enter.

Really? First I'd heard of that being a condition.

I understand that, if Blonde win the Team prize, they may hold a freeroll but what if another forum wins?

So worst case is that the forum that wins splits the grand between the winning team members. That's £100 each. Hardly worth sacrificing 1st place in a £9k(ish) + GUKPT seat competition is it?

The point I'm trying to make is that the team prize seems fairly insignificant compared to the individual prizes. If anyone disagrees fair enough.

I know that I won't be dumping any of my chips to help anyone in my team stay in and if I get a chance to take one of them out and increase my stack then out they go!!

It's all about the fun weekend anyway. It's only £50 after all and it would be a better weekend if Mr Ironside attends. Hence the reason I'm making this argument. Otherwise I wouldn't be bothered  Smiley

Good post...

"I want to talk about my hand, what do you mean I cant talk about my hand, right im going to talk about the fact that I cant talk about my hand"...
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 04, 2008, 01:07:46 PM »

the only prize the team is playing for is their forum members get a £1000 freeroll that everyone can enter.

I understand that, if Blonde win the Team prize, they may hold a freeroll but what if another forum wins?

So worst case is that the forum that wins splits the grand between the winning team members. That's £100 each. Hardly worth sacrificing 1st place in a £9k(ish) + GUKPT seat competition is it?

The point I'm trying to make is that the team prize seems fairly insignificant compared to the individual prizes. If anyone disagrees fair enough.

I know that I won't be dumping any of my chips to help anyone in my team stay in and if I get a chance to take one of them out and increase my stack then out they go!!

It's all about the fun weekend anyway. It's only £50 after all and it would be a better weekend if Mr Ironside attends. Hence the reason I'm making this argument. Otherwise I wouldn't be bothered  Smiley

Good post...

Obv that EvilPie has never met Ironside imo Cheesy Cheesy

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
Digger

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 04, 2008, 01:31:04 PM »

Good post...

'Some people think football is a matter of life and death....I can assure them it's more important than that' - Bill Shankley
'I am the greatest' - Ali
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #333 on: June 04, 2008, 01:36:54 PM »

We still need an additional player if Ironside isn't playing.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 04, 2008, 01:37:35 PM »

We still need an additional player if Ironside isn't playing.

even more so if he is.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 04, 2008, 02:43:52 PM »

Obv that EvilPie has never met Ironside imo Cheesy Cheesy

I've met him but only once. We had a really good chat about a subject that is close to both of our hearts. It was quite moving at times and I would love the opportunity to have that same conversation again in Blackpool with this brilliant person.

What was it about.......??

I think I can remember........

Oh yes that was it..........

erm.............

how can I put this...........Huh???

STRIPPERS!!!

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Snatiramas
Loving London

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 04, 2008, 05:56:07 PM »

so how many do we have???
I've bought new shoes especially

The most insidious of rules are those that aren't rules at all.
They are the limitations that we invent for ourselves
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 04, 2008, 06:14:10 PM »

sorry guys its a matter of principles i would play in any team event where chip passing is on the agenda

also blackpool strippers have one huge problem

NONE have wheelchair access

but i wouldnt mind a night out on the town

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
The_duke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #338 on: June 04, 2008, 06:38:02 PM »

the £1k is given to the forum to distribute as they wish.

blonde would hold a freeroll on its own site (is the current plan). Other fora will do as they please

Blonde -- Freeroll for all members (commendable)
APAT -- Selfless and Philanthropic presentation, by Des, of all the money to 'small' people in the third world (Highly (or is it lowly Huh?) commendable)
Chezger -- Free booze for all the team members until the £1k is gone (Priceless)

A great many people believe they are thinking, when in fact they are just rearranging their prejudices
The_duke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #339 on: June 04, 2008, 06:39:26 PM »

sorry guys its a matter of principles i would play in any team event where chip passing is on the agenda

also blackpool strippers have one huge problem

NONE have wheelchair access

but i wouldnt mind a night out on the town

I understand that Eden 2 has a service lift -- will check it out at the weekend (selfless assistance by me I think)

A great many people believe they are thinking, when in fact they are just rearranging their prejudices
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #340 on: June 04, 2008, 06:42:49 PM »

you big girls blouse ironside!  team events should be played like a team event with good old fashion chip dumping and raising to pretect your team mate part of the norm.
team events are just another discipline of poker one that requires a different skill and is not chesating imo.

anyway you've passed me enough chips in sng,s iron with your all in blind plays lol

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 04, 2008, 07:04:31 PM »

you big girls blouse ironside!  team events should be played like a team event with good old fashion chip dumping and raising to pretect your team mate part of the norm.
team events are just another discipline of poker one that requires a different skill and is not chesating imo.

anyway you've passed me enough chips in sng,s iron with your all in blind plays lol

ITB the problem i have isnt the fact its a team event its that people new to poker (which apat is meant to be attracting) will think its normal to do this and will do it in other NONE team events.

i hate the concept of "team poker" although i think team poker is ok if your playing for points and no team mates are ever on same table as in the 10x20 player sng would involve 6 hours of poker on days one and another 6 hours of poker on day 2 would be more than enough

ok you could always go out in the first 5 minutes but they could do that in a MTT anyway

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #342 on: June 04, 2008, 07:05:01 PM »

so how many do we have???
I've bought new shoes especially

We're still one short, with(out) Ironside.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 04, 2008, 07:12:40 PM »

Has everyone esle confirmed now
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 04, 2008, 07:19:29 PM »

GUTTED!!!  A week later and I was with ye, but won't be around that week-end. 

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 ... 59 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: