blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:10:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  blondes: We need you for a Added value Forum Championship
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 ... 59 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blondes: We need you for a Added value Forum Championship  (Read 91644 times)
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #600 on: June 20, 2008, 11:09:26 PM »

This needs to be confirmed, but I think the team has been decided:

Newportlad
DONK619
The_nun
EvilPie
kinboshi  
StuartHopkin
gatso
Robert HM
Flea
Snatiramas

In a sick beat, Sheriff finished in 204th spot tonight, one spot behind my 203rd finish last night.

I'll check the results and confirm the line-up later.

Sigh, neverends.

But weren't you in the team anyway, so I actually missed out by 53 places.

Yeah, that sounds better.

Sigh, neverends.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
Snatiramas
Loving London

View Profile
« Reply #601 on: June 20, 2008, 11:19:14 PM »

Newportlad
DONK619
The_nun
EvilPie
kinboshi  
StuartHopkin
gatso
Robert HM
Flea
Snatiramas

In a sick beat, Sheriff finished in 204th spot tonight, one spot behind my 203rd finish last night.

Sigh, neverends.

Sigh, neverends.

Hugely unlucky...........we all love you Sheriff

The most insidious of rules are those that aren't rules at all.
They are the limitations that we invent for ourselves
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #602 on: June 20, 2008, 11:19:49 PM »

Newportlad
DONK619
The_nun
EvilPie
kinboshi  
StuartHopkin
gatso
Robert HM
Flea
Snatiramas

Sigh, neverends.

Sigh, neverends.

Very unlucky Curtis. Next time.

Kinfish was not in regardless as there was one dissenting voice against auto qualifying, it was his. Either he was trying to get out of the comp and slipped up or he is totally honourable. I suggest the latter, kudos Kin.

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #603 on: June 20, 2008, 11:20:38 PM »

yep - he beat anorexia but he couldn't beat kinfishy.  so sick.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #604 on: June 20, 2008, 11:25:42 PM »

Newportlad
DONK619
The_nun
EvilPie
kinboshi 
StuartHopkin
gatso
Robert HM
Flea
Snatiramas

Sigh, neverends.

Sigh, neverends.

Very unlucky Curtis. Next time.

Kinfish was not in regardless as there was one dissenting voice against auto qualifying, it was his. Either he was trying to get out of the comp and slipped up or he is totally honourable. I suggest the latter, kudos Kin.

Agree 100% Kudos to nitboshi, no favouritism here at blonde, everyone is equal and everyone had an equal shot at qualifying for the team.

I hope those that made it have a blast and for those that failed, well there will be other opportunities and hopefully you will get your shot.

congrats to the 10, do us proud and bring home the bacon.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #605 on: June 20, 2008, 11:35:57 PM »

UL Sheriff that's a harsh beat, and 204 is just outside the monies too!

Nice team though, should be fun in Blackpool

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #606 on: June 20, 2008, 11:53:03 PM »

should be fun in Blackpool

blatant brag

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #607 on: June 20, 2008, 11:56:47 PM »

Newportlad
DONK619
The_nun
EvilPie
kinboshi  
StuartHopkin
gatso
Robert HM
Flea
Snatiramas

Sigh, neverends.

Sigh, neverends.

+1

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #608 on: June 21, 2008, 01:32:39 AM »

I am pretty pissed now and probaly shouldn't bother posting but i know i'll be happy to say the same thing tmoro if it wasn't for the FACT i didnt want to offend people.Personally i feel pretty shafted by APAT as the FACT that this tournament was in the schedule around 9months ago for some reason the structure, participants and teams wasn't arranged till just under a month before the tournament was to be played.Then imo to add insult to injury for those that are going to be disappointed that they arent going to be able to play the tourney we are told to play what is literally the worst tournament online by a million miles this is what will decide who gets to play for the team is it really the case that a tournament couldn't have been arranged on blonde with maybe 4/5 days notice that all 20 of us hopefully could've played with a proper structure and decent stack to determine who the best players where to represent blonde.I would also like to add that i'm not just whinging cause i didn't manage to get lucky in 1 of these donkfests i told daniel i thought this was a bad way to pick the team however i would like to add that cleary daniel is in no way at all at fault for the problems that have arisen.I very much doubt i will get involved with another apat event and apoloigies to anyone that that offends.I TRULY WISH THE BLONDE TEAM THE BEST OF LUCK AND HOPE U TAKE IT DOWN GL TO U ALL.
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #609 on: June 21, 2008, 02:12:23 AM »

I think most of us would agree with the gist of your post mondatoo, and Tighty has said above that lessons will be learned by APAT.  Sorry you didn't make the team - I'm disappointed too that circumstances meant Matt and I wouldn't be able to make the team - had been looking forward to it for a while.  Chin up!

Newportlad

View Profile
« Reply #610 on: June 21, 2008, 08:25:03 AM »

I think it's fair to say that no-one is happy with this situation, but i think Daniel has made the best of it at very short notice.  At least we all had a shot at qualifying.  I believe that on the APAT forum, the team is being picked by the captain.  I'm sure that is the case with most of the other forums as well.
I'm sure that lessons will be learnt, and next year (assuming they run this), APAT will have it all much better arranged.
DUNK619

View Profile
« Reply #611 on: June 21, 2008, 09:10:54 AM »

i need a new room mate now mondatoo is not in team if anyones interested pm me
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #612 on: June 21, 2008, 10:27:42 AM »

Ithink Daniel has made the best of it at very short notice. 

Indeed - wouldn't have liked to be in Dan's shoes, but he did what he thought was the fairest thing, after discussing it with everyone - can't ask for more than that.  Now lead the team to victory captain!

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #613 on: June 21, 2008, 11:22:09 AM »

As i said in my post daniel didn't do anything wrong and it was fair of him to choose to give everyone a chance to get in the team than to pick who he liked most

PS I've got quite a hangover
DesD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #614 on: June 21, 2008, 11:49:23 AM »

To be fair everyone, a thread on the Forum Championship is running on every major forum in the UK at the moment and no other forum has questioned the entry method or timings.  Tighty and I posted this thread earlier on the blonde and APAT forums to get some feedback on the preferred format of the event.  That was meant as a pro-active gesture to take your views on board as we were favouring an STT format for the event and the feedback received has led to the MTT format being used. 

Now somewhere along the line, blondes seem to have taken it as read that they would have a second team.  Tightly posted that this was subject to places being available but I apologise if this wasn't made much clearer.  Confirming entries 4 weeks prior to the event is the way that seats have been allocated for every other APAT event this season.  It's not ideal and the answer may be to have less events in the schedule for Season Three, but we were in Dublin last week, in Edinburgh 4 weeks ago and will be in Blackpool in 4 weeks time.  If we start to sell the events  5 or more weeks out then things are going to get mighty confusing on the admin front  Smiley

So in summary, apologies from me if anyone feels shafted by APAT, that was certainly not our intention and we will have a better handle on 'one off' events like this in Season Three.  But I would also ask you to consider that the entry date is in the next few days (which as stated above, was published nine months ago) and until that date was reached it was never going to be possible to enter two teams from one forum, when another forum might still want to enter a single team.  And of course, how each forum finally allocated its seats was not influenced by APAT.

Regards,

Des.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 ... 59 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: