blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 06:26:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272576 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Expekt.com Norwegian Poker Championships ME : Day One - Interactive
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Expekt.com Norwegian Poker Championships ME : Day One - Interactive  (Read 46098 times)
caz

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 02, 2008, 12:17:56 AM »

Hey Guys!!

Could you do me a favour and wish Rocket Man good luck from me, Im off to bed now but tell him to keep me informed.....

Cheers
Caz xx

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: May 02, 2008, 12:25:31 AM »

here is an object lesson on the importance of using flash at the tables...

As Andreas the Hedgehog was making his important decision with a pair and flush draw, he moved his head rapidly, fidgeting about as he picked his cards and stack up repeatedly and weighed up the pros and cons of calling.

Whilst I wanted to capture his discomforture, I was keen not to distract him at this critical juncture, so turned off the flash and snapped him. His relentless movement however rendered taking a clean picture of his tortured visage to be an impossible goal and instead I was left with a photo of something resembling a reject from jacob's ladder. The effect is so marked that it looks as though he has actually become transparent! Wierd...

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 02, 2008, 12:44:33 AM »

LEADERWATCH

I think it's probably time to introduce some Norwegians to you whose chipstacks mean that they will quite probably be returning for Day Two and beyond... (notice how I hedge as to whether or not they will actually do so Wink    )

Bjørnar Koss

Lasse Lien

Joachim Lundgård Thorkildsen (cl)

Eirik Svanes and Barlien Sondre

And, yes, Julian Thew.  Even he looks a little sheepish to be up there at the leaderish heights once again.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: May 02, 2008, 12:56:38 AM »

Doing well at this stage, as those of you watching the feature table will have noticed, is the man I snapped earlier wearing the multi-coloured tracksuit top.

He is better known as James Keys, who finished 9th last year at the WSOPE event, scooping over £90k in the process.

Here is James again, still wearing his tri-coloured top and also sporting an ear to ear grin...

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 02, 2008, 01:02:53 AM »

This is the interactive part of the thread right??? Cheesy

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 02, 2008, 01:08:36 AM »

Why do you have a kitten that you need getting rid of ?  Roll Eyes

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 02, 2008, 01:10:19 AM »

I don't get it.... 

Unlucky bTW yesterday mate- saw your exit hand in the satty

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 02, 2008, 01:12:30 AM »

I don't get it.... 

Unlucky bTW yesterday mate- saw your exit hand in the satty

Check out the "kitten" thread on the rail.

And thanks, but I'd got down too low. 23rd was still a bit of a bummer.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 02, 2008, 01:21:41 AM »

Found another one!  Dodging nimbly under the radar but caught on the last circuit is Daniel Platten, currently sitting with just under 40k.

If you notice in the background - the pink cowboy hat guy (whose name I am going to find out any second - he's also, for the record, wearing skintight snakeskin trousers.  I have never seen anything like it) is still in and will probably resurface in about 36 hours.  Good luck that man.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: May 02, 2008, 01:25:02 AM »

As the day is gently approaching its conclusion, here are the provisional final tbale payout spots for those who can survive today, Day 2 ( on saturday), Day 3 and reach Day 4 without going busto.

1 £80,925
2) £45,816
3) £28,635
4) £19,920
5) £16,185
6) £11,205
7) £8,715
Cool £6,225
9) £4,980

As you can see the prize money is approaching that of a GUKPT which has double the buy-in. This is a testament to the enthusiasm of so many Norwegians in travelling to another country to play their national championships.

I have to say that thusfar the Norwegians have made a great impression on myself and everyone I've spoken to.

"We're just here to have fun" has been the oft repeated catch phrase of many of the participants and they have been true to their word, a genuine pleasure to watch play and update on, even if we don't have a clue who most of them are!

Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 02, 2008, 01:35:00 AM »

Jen - picture of pink hatted skin tight trousered man pleeeease.   thumbs up
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 02, 2008, 01:35:52 AM »

Chip leader Joachim Lundgård Thorkildsen doesn't seem to have taken a knock at all during the latter part of the day.  Maybe I just think that because he stacks in those impressive one row deep tall towers like a kind of fortress wall in front of him and I can't accurately gauge his chip count.  But Here's One He Won Earlier:

Bear in mind that this was during the last level...and a 3,650 preflop raise wasn't peanuts... but somehow a fourway flop was seen and a big pot potentially heading towards getting bigger:  three diamonds .  Without missing a beat, or even blinking, or breathing for all I know, Thorkildsen promptly bet 13k.  Each player in turn frowned a bit, thought about it (one even counted out what looked like it could be about to become a raise) and then passed.  He showed the and calmly built his gravity-defying towers a little higher.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 02, 2008, 01:37:31 AM »

Jen - picture of pink hatted skin tight trousered man pleeeease.   thumbs up

Are you sure?  He's already featured early in the day...too much exposure could cause blindness...

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 02, 2008, 01:41:30 AM »

Incidentally, for every tournament table that bites the dust, it looks like just as many if not more Norwegians hit the cash, sit'n'go or bar area tables.  Even the VIP room is full of Norwegians, including Lodden and Trond Eidsvig, behind their oh-so-intriguing frosted-then-unfrosted-then-frosted again glass windows.  It's like watching a really boring TV channel which flickers in and out of reception, except actually it's poker players playing for lots of money and presumably drinking a lot. 

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: May 02, 2008, 01:54:32 AM »

The action has become a little quiet recently. The generous structure afforded to the players means they can happily retreat for periods before getting involved if they so wish and with 20 minutes remaining in the day, it seems quite a few of them have decided to take this option and ensure their survival through to Day 2...

Nonetheless the attrition rate given the generous structure has been relatively high. We expected aggressive poker and on the whole we haven't been disappointed. As it stands 71 players of the original 249 are currently remaining with 8 minutes play left.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: