blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:03:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Expekt.com Norwegian Poker Championships ME : Day One - Interactive
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Expekt.com Norwegian Poker Championships ME : Day One - Interactive  (Read 46058 times)
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« on: May 01, 2008, 12:49:25 PM »

there and welcome from myself and Jen to DTD as we await the start of the Norwegian Poker Championships Main Event.

The dubious legal position of poker in Norway has resulted in the organisers of Norway's national poker event relocating to the more poker friendly environ of DTD in good ol' blighty.  Here the players can play without fear of police raids in the inviting, poker-friendly haven that was built by the determined hands and unshakeable vision of Rob Yong.

Apparently all week DTD has been rocking and a rollling to the sounds of excited Norwegians, creating quite a buzz with their sometimes unorthodox poker styles and Norwegian chatter. During the EPTs I have covered, players from Norway have proved to be a very interesting group, capable of some excellent poker and replete with entertaining characters.

As both Jen and I are only familiar with the bigger Norwegian names (eg WSOPE bracelet-winning Annette Obrestad and the  borderline insane but highly capable Johnny Lodden) we may struggle at first to identify players, but we will do our best to get names for you as soon as we can. (Over/under on 10% of the field being called Jan?)

To that end I have been fiercely brushing up my Norwegian to better communicate with the players and in that vein let me say "Ha det godt!" to all the players! (which hopefully means "good luck!", not "I laugh at your spiky hair and trendy t-shirt, prepare for battle my friend!")

I feel this will make covering this event extremely fun and I urge you to join us as we count down to the 3 o' clock start.

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
littlemissC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 12:56:06 PM »

good luck to maria,dave smith,julian and richard shephard today

cant wait till tomorow

FRAN
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 12:59:50 PM »

Good luck to all the Blondes.. and best of luck to the updaters trying to sift through all those Norwegian names.   

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
BigCityBanker

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 01:22:30 PM »

are annette and lodden playing?

Im flying over in the morning to play and im looking forward to it. it would be even sweeter if the trip involved 3 barrel bluffing lodden, showing it to him, tilting him and then busting him.... i dont ask for much!!

is the event sold out?
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 01:44:19 PM »

Annette is playing the ladbrokes women's event instead.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 01:51:17 PM »

Evilpie's in! Managed to satellite in last night despite some of the most blatant chip passing I've ever seen!!

Small blind / big blind left. Small blind shoves his 4600. Big blind checks cards and folds. Would've cost him 1600 of his 70k stack to call a 17k pot! The jubilation on the small blind's face was a picture. It wouldn't have been quite so obvious if he'd kept quiet  Cheesy

Brilliant bit of hollywood as he shouted "yes!!"

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2008, 01:52:00 PM »

gl Chili and DaveShoelace.

1time for Fran 2moro (5bet shove with air plz)
littlemissC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2008, 01:57:03 PM »

gl Chili and DaveShoelace.

1time for Fran 2moro (5bet shove with air plz)
lol

gonna have too ,ill prob have lodden and linton on my table knowing my luck
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2008, 02:35:37 PM »

where are you blogger type people sat today? me cant sees ya
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2008, 02:46:19 PM »

they're all speakin foreign n that here
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2008, 02:57:16 PM »

they're all speakin foreign n that here

They aren't speaking Yorkshire then?

Good luck to all the blondes thumbs up

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
LLevan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2008, 03:13:01 PM »

By all accounts there are a few WAGs lurking in the background that the NAS feel would make good viewing material, please try and rectify the position whereby at Manchester Kev & Floppy failed miserably. Failing that GL to all Blondes & Brits playing this, would be great to have a non scandi win this.
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2008, 03:24:50 PM »

where are you blogger type people sat today? me cant sees ya

We're tucked away in the corner of the bar to the right of the entrance at the moment, although we are likely to move around as the day progresses...

As the event has just started, promptly as is usual at DTD, I'll say hello when I spot you!

We're having a couple of teething problems as we set up but normal service should be resumed asap. In the meanwhile, I'm off to catch news and snaps of the early action...

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2008, 03:26:54 PM »

It's heaving here at DTD, with a whole tent type thing outside adding to the space which is being mainly filled by Norwegians.  The queue at the front desk was approaching the chaotic, but the staff are gamely accommodating everyone and the tournament, somehow, kicked off on time.

Sellout?  YES for British players; NO for Norwegians.  It's only fair, they've travelled a little further...

Cash tables going to be totally full by 7pm?  Definitely.

Wifi going to reach to the buffet tent where we're currently perched?  Possibly not.

redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2008, 03:29:05 PM »

Evilpie's in! Managed to satellite in last night despite some of the most blatant chip passing I've ever seen!!

Small blind / big blind left. Small blind shoves his 4600. Big blind checks cards and folds. Would've cost him 1600 of his 70k stack to call a 17k pot! The jubilation on the small blind's face was a picture. It wouldn't have been quite so obvious if he'd kept quiet  Cheesy

Brilliant bit of hollywood as he shouted "yes!!"

Good luck in it. I lasted 4 levels in the supersat. The place was buzzing last night with loads of wild cash games...good luck all blondes who are in this...

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: