blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:35:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Expekt.com Norwegian Championships ME: Day 1b - At A Glance
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Expekt.com Norwegian Championships ME: Day 1b - At A Glance  (Read 41807 times)
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2008, 07:34:28 PM »

Chip leader watch.

I don't know the gentleman on the left's name, but I would be shocked and suprised if he were not the chip leader with roughly 45k at this stage...

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2008, 07:38:50 PM »

updates on my little kipper fran please! thanks

Fran is making slow progress...

She told me she hasn't seen much in the way of cards and when she limped aces in EP, and saw a tasty flop of A-T-T 4 way, she was only able to elicit a little action on the turn and river from it.

"Can't beleive no one had anything!" she said despairingly.

Just below her starting stack atm I believe...

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2008, 08:11:53 PM »

An impish Chris Bruce -- 18,000 and climbing...

And two sides of the same all-in coin (one happy, one sad):  You wouldn't know that the sad one was in fact Rolf Woods - just eliminated:

While our new friend Stein Sjaastad just busted someone (with kings, I think), bumping his stack up to 17,200:

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2008, 08:35:27 PM »

A couple of other counts...

Nick Hicks -- 14,500 - "I just doubled up," he said, very forthrightly, "With Kings vs. Aces.  I spiked a King." 
Andreas Hoivold -- 11,500
Pete Linton -- 18,700

After the dinner break yesterday the action went in weird little pockets - a round of applause here, a "seat open!" there, and then quiet for 20 mins.  Rod is on the way with some more pics, so I guess I'll try to be in the midlde of the room when they go through an action phase.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2008, 08:54:34 PM »

BAD NEWS ALERT...

The British contingent of the tournament has just been depleted somewhat...

First Fran Creed who has had "A terrible day, I've never been this card dead!"

The critical hand had Fran holding A-Q which she raised preflop and received a caller.

"The flop came ...I bet out and he called. Turn was the ..." (Unfortunately i can't read my notes here to ascertain the turn action)

"The river came down the two spades...he led out weakly and I shoved allin...he did that thing I hate where he said "I think I'm behind but I call...and showed the surprising A-K! - outkicking Fran and kicking her out at the same time."

She seemed a little dejected poor lamb but she'll be back soon I'm sure.

Next up we have Mr Nick Hicks. After his fortuitous double earlier this hand was a bit of a cracker...

After several limpers on 100/200 he raised it up from the BB with Aheart to 800 and got one caller...

The flop came .

Nick led for half pot and was minimum raised...he thought for a bit then made the call and checked in the dark...

The turn was the - (nut flush.....sweeeeet!) and after Nick's dark check, his opponent bet out 8k...Nick with 12k back shoved for his last four and after a while his opponent called with - his trips well behind Nick's flush.

With a 30k pot in the offing, Nick was in great shape to double through. He had some cards to dodge though and unfortunately for him the on the river was the killer card to give his opponent quads and send Nick crashing to the rail.

Nice guy that he is though, Nick was not going to stand around moaning for long and was off to try his luck in the juicy and well-stocked cash games.

Here he is shortly after his departure. Good game Nick...

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2008, 08:57:09 PM »

Pete Linton:  "I made an ambitious bluff.  And stacked myself."  It turns out that he'd called a preflop raise with , seeing a Two Clubs flop.  Raiser Matey bet out, overbetting the pot, and Pete flat called. 
Turn:  "A third heart," rank unspecified.  Now Matey bet out much more weakly, and Pete called again.
River:    Now Matey bet out a third time, bigger again, and Pete decided that now, with Queen high, was the perfect time to raise the guy 20k.

He was called with A-9 and is now on 2,500.

More chip counts from around the room - things have been changing with the swiftness and repetition of Snoopy calling the WWE hotline the day tickets go on sale...

Ian Frazer -- 50,000
Thomas Middelthon -- 40,500
Torstein Iversen -- 23,000
Lawrence Gosney -- 9,000
Trond Eidsvig -- OUT
Maz Nawab -- 5,400
Jan Sjavik -- 25,000
Mark Docherty -- 17,800
Dave Colclough -- 6,525
Trevor Reardon -- 8,900
John Hammond -- 13,500

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2008, 09:21:40 PM »

BAD NEWS ALERT...

Next up we have Mr Nick Hicks. After his fortuitous double earlier this hand was a bit of a cracker...

After several limpers on 100/200 he raised it up from the BB with Aheart to 800 and got one caller...

The flop came .

Nick led for half pot and was minimum raised...he thought for a bit then made the call and checked in the dark...

The turn was the - (nut flush.....sweeeeet!) and after Nick's dark check, his opponent bet out 8k...Nick with 12k back shoved for his last four and after a while his opponent called with - his trips well behind Nick's flush.

With a 30k pot in the offing, Nick was in great shape to double through. He had some cards to dodge though and unfortunately for him the on the river was the killer card to give his opponent quads and send Nick crashing to the rail.

Nice guy that he is though, Nick was not going to stand around moaning for long and was off to try his luck in the juicy and well-stocked cash games.

Here he is shortly after his departure. Good game Nick...

I slightly misreported this hand, but the slight error puts quite a different slant on the hand...

The flop was actually ...so in actual fact the 8 on the river was a 4 out beat for Nick. Very sick stuff!

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2008, 09:43:04 PM »

Pete Linton's shortstack has imploded now so he is no more. Also out is Laurence Gosney... the english players seem to be dropping like flies at the moment. Dave Colclough is also a short stack and may not survive for long.

THANK GOD FOR JULIAN THEWWWWWWW!!!

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2008, 09:49:32 PM »

I have heard my very first "Ship It!" of the week just now, and it came from a slightly unexpected source...

The pictured gent standing up stacking the chips of his now ex-opponent Petter Erik Nyvoll is Allan Dyrstad, who upon seeing that his set of Queens (holding ) was good tapped the table with his knuckles repeatedly, stood up, announced, rather than exclaimed, "Ship it." and then turned to his railing mate and had an animated discussion in Norwegian. 

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2008, 09:55:35 PM »

Trevor Reardon, although as far as I know having never really gotten going over his starting stack, has nevertheless been quietly getting a pot here and there.  Like this small blind/big blind confrontation I witnessed while passing.  Small blind Bao Lu Hoang was in the process of betting out 400 on a heads up flop.  Call from Reardon.
Turn:    Double check.
River:    Check to Reardon, who counts out a measured 750, and gets paid, showing only the ...

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2008, 10:23:19 PM »

Maz Nawab is OUT - I saw his final hand, which was a bit of an inevitable all-in-at-first opportunity, as was in this case provided by three diamonds .  His shove for 2,025 preflop was isolated by a re-raise from Victor Forberg-skogeng, which got him in the excellent position of heads up against the all in short stack with .  The board was irrelevant as no three/weird flush/straight saved Nawab, but here it is anyway, as I was standing there and wrote it down:  two hearts.

Elsewhere short stack Dave Colclough is faring better, having doubled back up to just over his starting stack. That must feel better than half his starting stack, though.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2008, 10:29:14 PM »

SOME REQUESTS AND OTHER PIECES OF INFORMATION

Right, now George2loose, aka Mr Rupinder Bedi has been much sought after by our readership, or at least a very select portion of our readership anyway. He is on c. 15k at the moment and I snapped him wearing what I regard as a highly impressive t-shirt with pacman motif.

So now George, not only is your picture out there for the world to see, you have won the much coveted award of....

..........................................................................(drum roll)........................................................................
.......(stop yawning it's coming).............................................................(nearly there) .................................... ...............(oh be quiet, you haven't got anything better to do have you!) .................................................................................T SHIRT OF THE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Expect the requests for after dinner speeches, supermarket openings etc to come flooding in. CONGRATULATIONS!

I hope you won't find yourself chasing too many ghosts! Good luck sir.

Here is Neil Blatchly, one of the remaining Brits, and he is doing well with 25,000 of DTD's finest chips to his name. Good going sir!

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2008, 10:34:26 PM »

One man with a relatively low profile but what seems to be an excellent game based on his cracking performance in the Irish Open where he came runner up to the man of the moment Neil Channing, is Donal Norton.

The Irish player followed up his success at the Irish Open by taking down one of the side events at the Manchester GUKPT and he is going well today with 32,000 to his name.

Here he is, wearing his traditional hermetically sealed combination of hoody and earphones.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2008, 10:43:29 PM »

Shortly after the break, Dave was looking a little contemplative with his mere 7k or so...cheer up Dave it might never happen!

And as Jen related it DIDN'T happen and in fact Dave has doubled through to 12k or so...

Here he is as he takes down that pot to double him up.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2008, 10:51:21 PM »

John Hammond just came into our tent area (just about to make the daily move ringside - hurray!) with one of those grins which say, "Phew!  Close call - I was nearly out, but I doubled up right when I thought my luck had run dry!"

I didn't just infer all of this from his relieved expression - he said that he'd seen a flop for 1k with 9-T, which came T-3-2.  Pretty good for a short stack, he thought, shoving all in for 7.5k over the top of his opponent's 2k bet, only to find he'd been called with the dominating A-T.

Turn: 2
River:  You know it's got to be... 9.

Up to 17k and delighted about it.

Elsewhere Stein Sjaastad has had less luck, running a set into a flopped straight and moving in on a "nonthreatening" turn, only to find a pair-less river and a seat in the bar.  Better luck next time...

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: