blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:25:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Expekt.com Norwegian Championships ME: Day 3 - Interactive
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Expekt.com Norwegian Championships ME: Day 3 - Interactive  (Read 29384 times)
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: May 04, 2008, 11:12:35 PM »

We are in the midst of a short break, so this seems an opportune moment to list the remaining 16 players and their chips, all hoping to make it to the final 9...

Barlien Sondre   11   8   661000
Efraimsen Oyvind   11   2   446500
Tage Almark   11   3   433500
Geir Lian   12   8   401500
Marcus Pettersson   12   7   358000
Erik Borkvik   11   7   353500
Svein Arnesen   11   4   322000
Stig Rune Kveen   12   5   313000
Thomas A. Middelthon   12   2   297000
Kjetil Skau   12   4   282000
Arne Kristian Falkenhaug   11   5   269500
Ian Frazer   12   1   265000
Jim Jakobsen   11   6   246000
Platten Daniel   12   6   197000
Timm Stokke   12   3   145000
Bjørn Andre Hovden   11   9   91000

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 04, 2008, 11:24:12 PM »

For the chip lead, this one... On a flop of Marcus Pettersson bet out, Geir Lian raised, and Pettersson moved in.  A little think, and a call - with ...trailing behind Pettersson (whom I just found out is a sneaky Swede) with for top two.
Turn:    making the whole thing drawtastic...
River:  - a blank and a giant pot for Pettersson, a huge hit for Lian - pictured looking stern.  Fair enough.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 04, 2008, 11:30:44 PM »

Unsurprisingly, Geir Lian moves in pretty sharpish for his last 34k, and finds Ian Frazer re-raising.  The blinds obligingly depart, and Frazer shows , against Lian's .  A K-Q-6 flop added a bit of excitement, but the turn and river bricked sending Geir Lian to the rail in 15th place, winning  £2,165.

Here's Frazer ready to Take On All of Norway:

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: May 04, 2008, 11:37:03 PM »

Bjørn Andre Hovden just shoved his smallish stack into the middle but ran into the big slick of Arne Kristian Falkenhaug.

In bad shape with K2, he was looking to spike a deuce and the first card out obliged a 2 hitting the felt to a mighty nordic roar from Bjorn. Arne is a tough nut though, despite his comical "train driver" hat and with just 3 outs to hit now, he nonetheless managed to river an ace, sending Bjorn spiralling out of the comp with another viking roar.

Arne "I'll be a rack"

I've posted pics of him before but here's Bjorn again!

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: May 04, 2008, 11:43:33 PM »

After that monster pot, here is a shot of our new chip leader, bespectacled Swede Marcus Pettersson.

Apologies for the fact that 30% of the picture is a random backside.

pokernutz

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 04, 2008, 11:51:45 PM »

Unsurprisingly, Geir Lian moves in pretty sharpish for his last 34k, and finds Ian Frazer re-raising.  The blinds obligingly depart, and Frazer shows , against Lian's .  A K-Q-6 flop added a bit of excitement, but the turn and river bricked sending Geir Lian to the rail in 15th place, winning  £2,165.

Here's Frazer ready to Take On All of Norway:

come on ian you deserve this one
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2008, 12:04:34 AM »

And once again, a small lull in proceedings proves to simply be the calm before the storm as an action pot develops.

Stig Rune Kveen, holding called Thomas Middleton's push with three diamonds . Let's race them cards!

The flop came to give Stig the advantage holding the nut flush draw and 2 overs...

an on the turn meant an A or 6 was now also good and finally a arrived on the river to polish off Thomas, meaning...

Thomas Middlethon is OUT, eliminated in 14th spot, winning £2,165

Good game sir, 13 combatants remain...(2 brits still!)

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 05, 2008, 12:05:21 AM »

And once again, a small lull in proceedings proves to simply be the calm before the storm as an action pot develops.

Stig Rune Kveen, holding called Thomas Middleton's push with three diamonds . Let's race them cards!

The flop came to give Stig the advantage holding the nut flush draw and 2 overs...

an on the turn meant an A or 6 was now also good and finally a arrived on the river to polish off Thomas, meaning...

Thomas Middlethon is OUT, eliminated in 14th spot, winning £2,165

Good game sir, 13 combatants remain...(2 brits still!)

Here's Middlethon earlier, trying not to turn round to see who's smelling his hair...

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 05, 2008, 12:19:26 AM »

Ian Frazer Doubles Up!

Three way to a flop after a raise pre to 42k by Kjetil Skau, called by Marcus and then by Ian Frazer.  I think Frazer bet out, was raised by Skau, and then moved in.  Call!

Frazer shows: 
Skau shows: 

Turn and river:  , at which point Frazer can't help it, he yells "Come ON!" and then rushes over to thank Marcus:  "Thank you for calling preflop!  You priced me in!"
Up to half a mil and looking like he's going to remain a thorn in the Norwegians' collective side.

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 05, 2008, 12:41:21 AM »

After that monster pot, here is a shot of our new chip leader, bespectacled Swede Marcus Pettersson.

Apologies for the fact that 30% of the picture is a random backside.

random backside looks like Dave.....

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: May 05, 2008, 12:46:02 AM »

ALERT!

Sick pot just played out!

Stokke is short and has been shoving farily often. One more shove, this time was flat called by Stig Rune Kveen, who found Daniel Platten moving in behind him. He called pretty much instantly as you do with Aces!

Daniel:

Tim:

A T came on the flop but an A on the turn was decisive and left Tim and Daniel drawing dead, meaning...

Tim Stokke is OUT, eliminated in 13th spot, winning £3,031 and...

Daniel Platten is OUT, eliminated in 12th spot, winning £3,031

Tim Stokke hopes for a miracle, in vain...

Platten gets flattened "what was I supposed to do!!!"

Stig calmly sips his drink as his two vanquished opponents shakes hands behind his back...

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 05, 2008, 12:46:30 AM »

The demise of Jim Jakobsen who just fell in 11th place, winning £3,031

First off, it passed to him on the small blind and he popped in a raise to 100k.  Clearly disappointed when big blind Erik Borkvik moved in for 119k, he had to call with his , but found Borkvik holding .  This eventually turned into the nut flush on the river, and knocked him down to around 200k.

Then he got it in almost immediately preflop against Borkvik again - this time with against .  Usually a good spot, but not with a 6-3-3 flop, and so we're on the FINAL TABLE BUBBLE........

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: May 05, 2008, 01:08:56 AM »

Stig calmly sips his drink as his two vanquished opponents shakes hands behind his back...

For any of you who are wondering why they were holding auditions for the re-make of the exorcist in the background....no, no no no! The girl who looks like she may maim someone at any moment is in fact Jen who was snapped looking very hungry. Jen's sort of like a mogwai from gremlins, except she differs in that you have to feed her after midnight or she mutates into some sort of "timorous beasty" - ARGHHHHHH!!!!

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 05, 2008, 01:17:05 AM »

And falling in 10th place, winning £3,031 is Arne Kristian Falkenhaug

Well, all ten couldn't make the final - and the one to be eliminated was Arne, who pushed all in for 201,500 over the top of Sondre Barlien's preflop raise to 90k.  He shook his head, ummed and ahed and generally looked uncomfortable, before making his mind up and firmly setting down the call.
Barlien: 
Falkenhaug: 

Flop: 
Turn:
River: Two Diamonds

And that was all she wrote.  This was actually the last hand before a scheduled break in the Main Event, so it's just going to be overnight instead.  The Final Table starts at 5pm tomorrow.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: May 05, 2008, 01:20:53 AM »

People may think I exaggerated in my last post but here is the initial picture, jsut prior to Jen exploding...

And this photo was taken 3 seconds later. Can you tell the difference, not sure I can...

Click to see full-size image.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: