blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:28:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Learning Centre (Moderators: Longy, JungleCat03)
| | | |-+  Blind on Blind advice please.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blind on Blind advice please.  (Read 2291 times)
Tuffster

View Profile
« on: May 07, 2008, 07:44:03 PM »

Hi guys, I'm after some general advice when BvB.

I've been getting crappy Aces quite a lot on the SB recently and wondered what the best way to play them is?

In most cases when I raise the BB calls feeling I'm at-it (fair enough) and when the ace doesn't come (no surprise there, only 3 left) I inevitably fold and lose my raise. If I just call they never believe me if an Ace does hit (fair enough, I'd probably be the same) and call me down to the river with 2nd pair and on a good amount of times hit a second pair and out-draw me.

I've found myself folding quite a few of these as I (probably wrongly) believe that at my standard not losing the extra cash/chips is better for me in the long run.

This is definitely an area that I don't play well at all. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Cheers
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 07:47:21 PM by Tuffster » Logged

Insanity Takes it toll......

......Please have correct change.
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 02:18:41 AM »

You seem to be playing sngs mainly from your posts, so i will advise you accordingly.

If you have 12bbs of less I would shove any ace from the sb in an unopened pot its inexploitable (meaning that it is +ev no matter what the calling range of villain).

With more than this it get read dependent, i will often limp in against weak passive opponents. Against strong post flop (though this is relative as hardly plays particualarly well postflop in sngs) i will just dump them.
Tuffster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 10:57:12 AM »

Thanks Longy.

Yep mainly SnG's, love playing longer (deeper) MTT's but seldom have the time and have yet to really dip my toe into the world of cash.

I think I really need to "grow a pair" when it comes to raggy aces as even if I'm (relatively) short-stacked just can't seem to push with A6 even if it IS soooooted.

Cheers

Insanity Takes it toll......

......Please have correct change.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: