blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:15:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  past blonde Bashes
| | | |-+  Charity Begins At Home
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Charity Begins At Home  (Read 5171 times)
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« on: May 11, 2008, 10:54:35 AM »

Charity begins at home.

That is what being part of the Blonde forum is to some,  a second home with a chosen  family. Like every large family it has it’s heated debates from time to time but last night at DTD we saw that family come together along with the DTD guys and donate money for Reece. I was lost for words when Tony called me up to hand over some money from you all and did not have it in me say just how grateful we are. I could not even try and thank you all individually face to face as it I do get very emotional. Then Paul Jackson along with Simon Trumper kept adding to the pot from other kind donations.

For any of you that have had to take care of someone with special needs and constant hospital journeys you will know it does take a big strain on not only your state of  mind but on your finances too.

Our aim is to take Reece on holiday as soon as he is able to do so. Truthfully it would be the obvious destination, Disney World but at this stage in his life that is a million miles away, as he is still reliant on machines, failing that a short break in the UK would be good for him. In total I was given £980 last night from you all , this will be added to the remaining £300 of Julian Thews recent donation and will be used accordingly to enrich Reece’s life in whatever way we feel he needs it. This will include a much needed family holiday when the time is right.

From the bottom of ours hearts we would like to thank you all for the money and the gifts  we received last night. You will never possibly know how much this all means to us.

THANK YOU BLONDE FAMILY and DTD.

Regards Darren, Maureen, Stacey and the hero Reece.

XXXXX

Another Blonde has just donated $100 via Stars so this makes the total to £1030.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 12:47:17 PM by The_nun » Logged

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 10:56:54 AM »

xx

The older I get, the better I was.
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 11:04:04 AM »

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 11:54:56 AM »

Indestructable

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 12:38:11 PM »

Nice one.
 thumbs up
Shogun112

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2008, 07:52:10 PM »

Maureen,
nice to see you this weekend and and happy that you will put the donation to good use for the little lad.. 

Cheers

Carl.. xx
ericstoner

Winner of the Stars $200 sunday biggy, RU APAT Ire

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2008, 09:56:23 PM »

It was lovely to have a little cuddle with you at the weekend,as I said stay strong and watch the little fella confound us all.

Brendan xx

Blonde Hall of fame inductee,October 2007.
ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2008, 09:59:02 PM »

Good to see you again at wknd Maureen, and even got pleasure of sitting next to in the BB torn.

Take care

xxx

Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2008, 10:09:18 PM »

Was good to see you this weekend Maureen. Best wishes to you all.

Kev and Joo. xx

suzanne

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2008, 10:57:17 PM »

It was great to see you Maureen & Darren though we didnt have a chance to have a chat. I hope when Reece is better you can have a lovely holiday.

I was sat on Maureens table in the £50 freezeout when Paul came up to her and handed over a wad of cash, I couldnt hear exactly what was said but the chap sat next to her was watching on curiously. Maureen turned to him and said "Im a prostitute and it looks like Im going to be busy tonight, my jaws will be out to here  The lads face was a picture  Cheesy
Snatiramas
Loving London

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2008, 08:06:31 AM »

It was just so great to finally meet you. xx

The most insidious of rules are those that aren't rules at all.
They are the limitations that we invent for ourselves
Indestructable

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2008, 10:15:44 PM »

It was great to see you Maureen & Darren though we didnt have a chance to have a chat. I hope when Reece is better you can have a lovely holiday.

I was sat on Maureens table in the £50 freezeout when Paul came up to her and handed over a wad of cash, I couldnt hear exactly what was said but the chap sat next to her was watching on curiously. Maureen turned to him and said "Im a prostitute and it looks like Im going to be busy tonight, my jaws will be out to here  The lads face was a picture  Cheesy

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2008, 02:02:50 PM »

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!      

Was great to see you again Chicka and apologies for being so high strung by the time we got a chance to chat.  Although, not too sure there were many low key moments to take advantage of.   

Thanks to all the Blondes for pitching in.  You lot are the bestest!!!   

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: