blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:34:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Bluesq.com GUKPT Newcastle: Day 2 - Interactive
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bluesq.com GUKPT Newcastle: Day 2 - Interactive  (Read 35396 times)
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: May 17, 2008, 10:48:20 PM »

Standard

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: May 17, 2008, 10:50:40 PM »

obvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

HI HELEN!
suzanne

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 17, 2008, 10:53:49 PM »

Unlucky Lynne and Good Luck to Cheryl  thumbs up
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: May 17, 2008, 10:54:10 PM »

Adam Clark, not happy about having his Jacks cracked by A-8:

And indeed, the very next hand James Akenhead raises to 11k and Pete flat-calls, only for Michael Hill to shove for just 15.9k total. Obviously both James and Pete call. When the flop comes down James checks, but Pete bets 40k - James folds.

Pete -
Michael - Two Diamonds

Turn - (oooohhh)
River - two hearts (OOOOHHHH)

And Michael doubles up. Says Jon Raab, "You've just done a Pete Linton on Pete Linton!"

This is the face of a man who's gone all in with 2-7 when he knows he's getting two callers:

If the blinds are 2/4 and he has 15.9k, why did he push all-in after a pre-flop raise and a call with 7-2s knowing that he's going to get called, or have I missed something?
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 17, 2008, 10:58:26 PM »

Joey Lovelady raises to 10.5k preflop. Ganesh Rao calls from the button.

Two Clubs

Joey checks, Ganesh bets 9k, Joey calls.

Check check.

Joey checks again. Ganesh bets 16k and after a thought, Joey throws the chips in slightly frustrated. Ganesh insta-mucks though, and Joey's is good.

Adam 'Clarketroid' Clarke moves in over the top of Ian Farrell's raise. Farrell debates it before saying, "Gamble," turning over .

Adam, "You'll need to catch up then." He shows .

Board:

...(wry smiles become apparent) .

Clarke doubles through.

Shortly afterwards Mike Hill gets his last 35k or so all-in with Fives against Rob Sherwood's Ace Jack. He spikes a Five on the flop and doubles back up into the hunt.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 17, 2008, 11:00:19 PM »

If the blinds are 2/4 and he has 15.9k, why did he push all-in after a pre-flop raise and a call with 7-2s knowing that he's going to get called, or have I missed something?

It's a good question. Perhaps he pushed blind? Perhaps he was fed-up? Or maybe we should ask Pete what he thought of the play? Grin Roll Eyes Cheesy

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: May 17, 2008, 11:02:31 PM »

It's a good question. Perhaps he pushed blind? Perhaps he was fed-up? Or maybe we should ask Pete what he thought of the play? Grin Roll Eyes Cheesy

He said afterwards, "They were suited..."
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: May 17, 2008, 11:15:46 PM »

THE DEMISE OF LINTON

As I wander up to the table, there's around 65k in the pot and a whole board out - it is . Pete Linton is betting 30k. Then James Akenhead is raising to 77k. Then Pete is calling, and then mucking with some cursing under his breath as James turns over for the short-of-quads nuts. Down to 50k.

And then a few hands later it's all in preflop, once again up against James Akenhead.

Pete - three diamonds
James -

Board - two hearts

And with a quick handshake, Pete has been Lintonated. I should add that a while back, when he had considerably more chips, Pete said to me that if he didn't make the final then he was quitting poker. Anyone want to put money on how long that lasts? Wink Well played, Mr Linton. A most entertaining tournament effort these past few days.

Click to see full-size image.

(Local colour left in that picture of James Akenhead, who incidentally is now a massive chip monster .)
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: May 17, 2008, 11:22:38 PM »

By the by still in and playing rather well by the look of it, Ms Cheryl Routledge. She got in on a freeroll, y'know. She's short but everyone at the table seems a bit afraid of her. As I wandered by, Joey Lovelady had raised to 10k and Cheryl flat-called from the button, leaving herself just 24k behind. Big blind Dara O'Kearny called too. When they both checked the flop, Cheryl immediately shoved, and both Dara and Joey folded pretty swiftly.

suzanne

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 17, 2008, 11:24:31 PM »

GOOOOOOOOO CHERYLLLLLLLL
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 17, 2008, 11:30:02 PM »

Rob Price is OUT. into Garnesh Rao's .

Shortly afterwards on the other table, Alan Vinnicombe moves all-in from the button and James Akenhead calls.

Alan:

James:

(at which point Alan takes a huge breath and holds it for the river...)

"YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAH," and he bangs the table hard in delight.

He's now up to 112k.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 17, 2008, 11:36:01 PM »

Michael Williams is OUT, his A-2 succumbing to Fraser Macintyre's 6-5.

AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: May 17, 2008, 11:38:50 PM »

James akenhead looks to be different class tbh. Think ill lump on him tommorrow.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: May 17, 2008, 11:48:19 PM »

James akenhead looks to be different class tbh. Think ill lump on him tommorrow.

Also he is on around 350k.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 17, 2008, 11:49:18 PM »

I think it's an okay play but I'm not going to explain why as I don't do education.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: