blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:56:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272588 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Learning Centre (Moderators: Longy, JungleCat03)
| | | |-+  mtt help
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: mtt help  (Read 2123 times)
pokerram

View Profile
« on: May 21, 2008, 05:57:46 PM »

hi guys been going pretty far in online mtts with just abc poker and reading betting patterns. but i think my big prob is just playing my hands. have any of you got ideas what i should be looking for to exspand my game to win hands without cards
Grier78
www.AllInOnADraw.com

www.AllInOnADraw.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 07:09:47 PM »

Difficult to sum it up as it is a huge topic.

Raise in late position with a wider range of hands than you are currently in unopened pots (or you can raise and punish compulsive limpers).
Look to continuation bet on most flops whether you hit or not.

The theory is that you need a better hand to call than you do to raise and most hands miss the flop most of the time. So if you target a weak player on the big blind then most of the time you can take the blind uncontested, if he does call and checks it to you on the flop then you can have a stab with nothing and often take the pot down. Also your hands are well disguised so you can hit a monster and get paid off.

Keep an eye out for players addicted to check raising and check behind them (this effectively gives you a free card with your drawing hand).
Beware of players calling behind you. Also be prepared to let many hands go if you get resistance.

If you pick your targets correctly then its a profitable way to play.

Best thing to do is give it a go and loosen up with raises in late position and see what happens, then post any tricky situations you find up here.

pokerram

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 11:02:37 PM »

tx grier
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 11:07:15 PM »

Have slipped a bit meself lately with positional play, not that I was ever great at it to begin with.  Thanks for the reminders. 

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: