blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:04:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Is this just a bad beat or could I avoid it?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is this just a bad beat or could I avoid it?  (Read 2176 times)
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2008, 04:03:59 PM »

Fair comment. Thank you
I am generally quite a passive player and whilst that means that I don't win mega pots at cash tables I have a +ve record in live poker at DTD cash. My internet record isn't so good and I'm trying to work out why.

Online the players are probably better than you, in DTD they are not.

You missclicked twice here pre, 6max cash AJ and 11bb when someone has already limped is a really easy jam. Then ok you decide to go for the limp re-raise, but forget the raise part.

QFT I bet there are a lot of people who can beat the 50p/£1 at dtd and will get eaten alive at 25c/50c online. Anyone who wins at 50c/$1 nl online would beat almost all of the cash games live. Its just that the boredam and putting up with unsavoury characters and travel expences makes this a bad option.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2008, 04:07:30 PM »

Fair comment. Thank you
I am generally quite a passive player and whilst that means that I don't win mega pots at cash tables I have a +ve record in live poker at DTD cash. My internet record isn't so good and I'm trying to work out why.

You missclicked twice here pre, 6max cash AJ and 11bb when someone has already limped is a really easy jam. Then ok you decide to go for the limp re-raise, but forget the raise part.

QFT I bet there are a lot of people who can beat the 50p/£1 at DTD and will get eaten alive at 25c/50c online. Anyone who wins at 50c/$1 nl online would beat almost all of the cash games live. Its just that the boredam and putting up with unsavoury characters and travel expences makes this a bad option.

I loved the NL cash tables at DtD..I had someone call off his entire stack (80 BB's going in slowly) with bottom 2 pair on a

10c jc qh kd board simply because he "didn't take me for the ace" (I didn't have the ace but a better two pair Wink

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
LuckyLloyd

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2008, 01:11:30 AM »

ahh I see that sarcasm is alive and well and living in the Blonde Poker Forum

The reason for my sarcastic reply is that I really don't think you've given this any thought yourself before posting it up on here. There's no background info, no introduction from you giving us your thoughts so far - just a title and a hand history.

Even a cursory consideration on your part should lead you to realise you're not getting away from this at any point. Even if it didn't, an explanation of what conclusions you'd already come to would have resulted in non-sarcastic replies showing where you'd gone wrong.

PHA - where people get out what they put in.

I don't think the last statement is true for absolutely everyone unfortunately - but I still think that is an awesome post. Bravo!

"All glory comes from daring to begin" - Eugene F. Ware.
FuglyBaz

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2008, 10:25:17 AM »

I loved the NL cash tables at DTD..I had someone call off his entire stack (80 BB's going in slowly) with bottom 2 pair on a

10c jc qh kd board simply because he "didn't take me for the ace" (I didn't have the ace but a better two pair Wink

At least his read was pretty much perfect
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2008, 11:04:23 AM »

I loved the NL cash tables at DTD..I had someone call off his entire stack (80 BB's going in slowly) with bottom 2 pair on a

At least his read was pretty much perfect

fair point...I thought my stack was gone when he called.....especialy as I had been betting pre-flop and every street since...I just thought "oh FK my life...calling station with a 9 calls when I'm representing AK"...I moved tables soon after though...I didn't get any cards and got even less respect than Ironside Smiley

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2008, 04:57:04 PM »

Fair comment. Thank you

QFT I bet there are a lot of people who can beat the 50p/£1 at DTD and will get eaten alive at 25c/50c online. Anyone who wins at 50c/$1 nl online would beat almost all of the cash games live. Its just that the boredam and putting up with unsavoury characters and travel expences makes this a bad option.

I can beat the 50p/£1 cash games at DTD, and I think the level of play is on the whole pretty poor (there are some decent players obviously but they seem to be the exception rather than the norm).

I play 50c/$1 online, and it's definitely tougher.  Beatable, but far tougher than the 50p/£1 at DTD.  I guess that the £1/£2 games at DTD aren't exaclty world class either, but I'm not bankrolled for them (yet) so I don't know.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: