blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 21, 2024, 06:35:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273345 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Celtic & Chompy's Vegas Extravaganza II
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Celtic & Chompy's Vegas Extravaganza II  (Read 18838 times)
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2008, 01:30:21 AM »

good luck chompy

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2008, 09:40:29 AM »

It's a game of skill don't you know...What time of the day is this anyway ffs? Crazy
At the moment I'm leaning towards easing in steadily/bottling it and playing the $300 at the Venetian instead of the WSOP on Wednesday.
There's nothing worse than a bad start imo, I was ready to come back four days in to my last visit before a long sleep and then winning two tournaments in one day, something I'll never do again (nap). 50-50 currently, will decide after the flight is done with.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
LLevan

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2008, 10:06:18 AM »

Good luck to the pair of you.................oh Celtic BTW the NAS have requested loadsa norkage pics on this thread  Wink
LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2008, 10:08:12 AM »

gl boys, win all the money.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2008, 07:59:05 PM »

Good luck to the pair of you.................oh Celtic BTW the NAS have requested loadsa norkage pics on this thread  Wink

I am the only one with a camera LLevan so nothing doing until the 11th, but as you asked so nicely i suppose i will have to force myself and get you and the rest of NAS some piccies Wink Booked onto a flight with Rob Garfield & Kevin O'Leary and those of you that follow the GUKPT updates on Blonde will know how hard it is to get one of Rob Smiling, well, this will be my first challenge. I WON'T FAIL!!!!

Chompy has arrived and will be updating shortly....

sigh..... 5 more sleeps.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2008, 05:32:56 PM »

Made it relatively unscathed, about an hour after I was due to land, and managed to get a room upgrade (top floor, corner room with its own doorbell) so can't really complain. Daves Colton and Johnson had it a bit worse on their Virgin flight, which was delayed five hours. Seeing Dave C playing cash at the Venetian yesterday while not banging on relentlessly and Dave J not drinking beer at the table was a first.
Didn't make it to The Rio yesterday after spending most of the morning at the dentists (I now know it's easier to ask for a 'Dennis' than an 'Orthodonnis'). When I said I'd come through the flight relatively unscathed, what I meant was they'd double booked my legroom seat so I spent nine hours scrunching my bulky frame into about three inches of leg space. Just nodded off I had when the 150-year-old asian woman in front decided she'd slam her seat back into my knee at full speed. Oh and then I chipped my tooth on a miniature toblerone I'd half inched from the back of the plane. Karma imo.
I ended up playing a couple of smaller tournaments at the Venetian, the $300 in the afternoon and the $180 in the evening, and saw aces for the first time in over a month in the 8pm'er, which was nice. This tournament has been good to me the last couple of visits; I've chopped it five times, no more than three ways, from about 15 tries. A Tikay-like strike-rate.
Gym beckons ($25 at Caesars compared to the extortianate $40 at the Venetian) then off to the Rio for the $1,500 six-handed mullarkey. Played this last year and went out after 25 minutes with KK, all-in pre against  which duly flopped the nuts. Can't do much worse this time.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2008, 06:09:15 PM »

BREAKING NEWS

There are rumours going around that Evil Edna Adams will be joining the vegas trip. This is yet to be confirmed but if true, Vegas players won't know what's hit them!!!

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2008, 07:08:23 PM »

This is confirmed...Edna is going... keep an eye on us

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
relaedgc

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2008, 07:28:43 PM »

You guys spent long enough talking her into it. Is she flying with you?

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
Friedrich Nietzsche
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2008, 09:08:07 PM »

she is indeed on our flight.

Fair play to her for coming imo. One of the nicest people in Luton.

M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2008, 10:44:24 PM »

she is indeed on our flight.

Fair play to her for coming imo. One of the nicest people in Luton.

Have fun Boys n Girls!!
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2008, 01:07:13 AM »

awesome, good luck lutonians! 
relaedgc

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2008, 03:42:44 AM »

Obv. good luck to all of you.

Give her my best please

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
Friedrich Nietzsche
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2008, 10:00:14 PM »

One WSOP tournament played, one cash, which is pleasing enough, double your money time.
The starting stack of 3000 was down to 1000 within an hour, button had raised, I'd called in the SB with 88, flop came 4 5 6, turn 6, he had K6. That near enough killed me.
Then I got moved to a table with Harry Dimitriou and Eric Lynch (just signed up by ultimatepoker apparently). Built back up to 4000, hovered around that mark for about two hours, then started to open it up when the blinds hit 200-400.
Had picked up three hands in a row and was up to around 8000. UTG, a tight player, made it 1200, calling station to my right...called. I saw AA, the perfect chance to stick'em in and probably get a call. UTG duly folded QQ because he'd had QQ busted by 22 and by 10 J in an online tournament the night before. Hmm.
Was up to around 25,000 with 90 odd left, just below average. Shove donkey UTG limped, I had QQ in the SB, so put in a small raise. BB folded, UTG called.
Flop came Q 7 2, two diamonds, I checked, he stuck his 30,000 into a pot of around 5,000 and I called. He hit his flush on the turn and that was that. Ten and a half hours of play and then lost a 75-25 (roughly I think).
that pot would have put me up to around 55,000 with half an hour left on the day, and the chance to come back and try to make a real run at it. Ho hum.
Venetian $500 now, followed the the $2,500 at the Rio tomorrow...

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2008, 10:03:03 PM »

Well done on the cash.

Are you getting excited that i will be there in less than 4 days now?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: