blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:01:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272594 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Best of blonde
| | | |-+  A DOG'S LIFE
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A DOG'S LIFE  (Read 105495 times)
Sark79

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: June 08, 2006, 10:44:33 AM »

That was a good post , boss

What is your screen name? 

good luck
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #391 on: June 08, 2006, 03:11:37 PM »

That was a good post , boss

What is your screen name? 

good luck

snoopy-1239

Gonna give it a crack on blonde now. 3 tables of $1/2

It seems bizarre that I only seem to win when I play in short sessions, hopefully I can change that today with a decent break structure. Fingers crossed.

What I'll do, is post my results for each session and jot down how I was feeling at the time. Could be interesting to see when I was at my best, normally it's that first hour or two that I make my money.

And in reference to MrMoves' comment... boy oh boy, how true is that?!

3.30 start, let's hope a more disciplined approach works out well for me...
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #392 on: June 08, 2006, 05:11:40 PM »

Session 1: 15:30 – 16:45

I literally had to prise myself away from the laptop. The tables were very soft indeed, and I was in the ‘must get my money back’ zone. But, if I’m going to improve this part of my game, I must take these breathers, otherwise I’ll let fatigue creep in and my play will suffer as a consequence. Plus, I’ll feel like shit for the rest of the day.

Well, not the best of starts, in fact, pretty shocking. After just 1 session, I’m already $193.10 down and, while this isn’t catastrophic to my bankroll, it sure doesn’t set me in the best of moods. Hopefully the break I’m about to take will sort that out.

I don’t think I’m playing badly though, the cards just aren’t running for me. If I raised with pocket queens, the flop would bring an Ace and King, if I flopped a set, the turn would fill a draw, just not getting the rub of the green – but that can change oh so easily.

I didn't double-up at all, but I did double down (if that’s an actual term) I called a reraise with pocket jacks, flopped my set, then, after moving all-in, saw them lose to pocket cowboys which filled up on the river. Nothing I could do there, and that basically accounted for my current deficit.

I experienced this hand near the start of the session. Was I unlucky, or did I just play it badly? All feedback gratefully received. Cheers. (I’ve cut out the crap)

snoopy1239 raises [$9].
dnba501 calls [$7].

** Dealing Flop ** [ two spades, , two hearts ]

dnba501 bets [$8].
snoopy1239 calls [$8].

** Dealing Turn ** [ ]

dnba501 checks.
snoopy1239 bets [$8].

dnba501 calls [$8].

** Dealing River ** [ ]

dnba501 checks.
snoopy1239 bets [$50].
dnba501 calls [$50].

snoopy1239 shows [ , ] two pairs, queens and twos.
dnba501 shows [ , Two Clubs ] three of a kind, twos.
dnba501 wins $150 from  the main pot  with three of a kind, twos.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 05:13:37 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #393 on: June 08, 2006, 08:37:42 PM »

Session 2: 18:30 – 19:45

Blimey, because of the way I play, I’m used to chunky fluctations, but this session was absurd. Every 5 minutes I was either doubling up or doing my stack in. I was determined to keep my head though, and, after hitting some tasty hands, I ended up $262.87 in profit, which means I’m $69.77 up for the day. It’s not much, but considering the bad luck I was getting this morning, I’m pretty chuffed.

It wasn’t all plain sailing though. Flushes lost to bigger flushes, massive draws missed, flopped 2 pair outdrawn, blah, blah, blah, who cares right? The important thing is that the break did me good. I am back in profit for the day, I’m playing well (I think) and I feel pretty good.

So, for a change, instead of bad beat, what about a good win…

Seat 6: kcizzle21 ( $248.11 )
Seat 3: snoopy1239 ( $378.10 )

Dealt to snoopy1239 [  ]

snoopy1239 raises [$8].
kcizzle21 calls [$7].

** Dealing Flop ** [ Two Diamonds, , ]

kcizzle21 checks.
snoopy1239 bets [$4].
kcizzle21 calls [$4].

** Dealing Turn ** [ ]

kcizzle21 checks.
snoopy1239 bets [$5].

kcizzle21 raises [$10].
snoopy1239 raises [$10].
kcizzle21 raises [$40].
snoopy1239 calls [$35].

** Dealing River ** [ ]

kcizzle21 checks.
snoopy1239 bets [$131.63].
kcizzle21 calls [$131.63].

snoopy1239 shows [ , ] four of a kind, jacks.
kcizzle21 doesn't show [ , ] a full house, Nines full of jacks.
snoopy1239 wins $388.26 from  the main pot  with four of a kind, jacks.

Right, more poker after tea. Hopefully I can turn my small profit into a big one. I wonder how I would have done if I hadn’t taken a break. Hmm…
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 08:43:47 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: June 08, 2006, 08:46:57 PM »

You seem to be betting pretty small on the flop and turn. What are the advantages of doing that?
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #395 on: June 08, 2006, 08:50:41 PM »

You seem to be betting pretty small on the flop and turn. What are the advantages of doing that?

I thought I was ahead on both streets and I was trying to tempt him into a reraise. Didn't put him on a nine though!
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: June 08, 2006, 10:18:31 PM »

The K2 vs QQ was a little unlucky mate - he played it soopa sneaky too.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #397 on: June 08, 2006, 11:32:05 PM »

The K2 vs QQ was a little unlucky mate - he played it soopa sneaky too.

And to think, if I'd have just checked the river, I would have got out of trouble in miraculous style.
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: June 08, 2006, 11:42:55 PM »

I was wondering why you bet so small all the way through and then made a huge bet on the river?

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #399 on: June 09, 2006, 03:07:11 AM »

I was wondering why you bet so small all the way through and then made a huge bet on the river?

Hi, Bongo.

In that case, I bet so big on the end because I was sure he had a pocket pair and would pay me off. As he called my raise preflop, and checked the river, I really didn't put him on a stronger hand than mine.

I bet so small because I wanted to find out where I was for as cheap as possible. I wasn't worried about a king or ace hitting as, if he outdraws me with one of them, then he probably didn't have a hand that was going to pay me off anyway. I don't mind risking the outdraw in this case.

However, that's all irrelevant because of the strange way in which he played the hand.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #400 on: June 09, 2006, 03:30:52 AM »

Session 3: 00:30 – 03:00

Good News: I’ve a pizza in the oven
Bad News: My heads hurting a bit because of the fluctuations
Good News: I’m up for the session
Bad News: It’s only $27.13
Good News: I’m $96.91 up for the day
Bad News: It took me 5 hours of staring at a monitor to achieve it
Good News: At least it’s not a loss
Bad News: I was a very naughty boy and played for twice as long as I was meant to
Good News: I did manage to eventually pull myself away, when before I would have carried on until I showed a sizable profit or loss.
Bad News: I’ve gone into a cardiac arrest

I don’t know if anyone else experiences such ups and downs, maybe it’s just me, but anyhow, to give you an idea…

($1/2 NLH 6-handed)

snoopy1239 shows [ qs, qc ] three of a kind, queens.
millscoot doesn't show [ qh, ad ] a pair of queens.
snoopy1239 wins $215.64 from  the main pot  with three of a kind, queens.

wdrzich shows [ 6cl, 3cl ] a straight, three to seven.
snoopy1239 doesn't show [ kh, kd ] three of a kind, kings.
wdrzich wins $379 from  the main pot  with a straight, three to seven.

snoopy1239 shows [ 9sp, 9di ] four of a kind, nines.
nummynuts doesn't show [ ad, qc ] two pairs, aces and nines.
snoopy1239 wins $204 from  the main pot  with four of a kind, nines.

MacFierce shows [ jd, 8di ] two pairs, jacks and eights.
snoopy1239 doesn't show [ ks, jc ] a pair of jacks.
MacFierce wins $454.38 from  the main pot  with two pairs, jacks and eights.

snoopy1239 shows [ 8sp, 8di ] a full house, Eights full of threes.
tempranillo doesn't show [ 6sp, 8he ] two pairs, eights and sixes.
snoopy1239 wins $250 from  the main pot  with a full house, Eights full of threes.

TTUBluffer shows [ kh, kd ] a full house, Kings full of fours.
snoopy1239 wins $56.51 from  side pot #1  with a full house, Nines full of fours.
TTUBluffer wins $340.98 from  the main pot  with a full house, Kings full of fours.

Up down up down up down… and this isn’t all of them. Quite a lot of drama for 3 hours play, or am I exaggerating?

Anyhow, there were some really interesting hands played out. The following one was painful, but shit happens. Plus, I reckon I played it poorly at the end. Agree? After he bet the river rather than checking it, I knew he'd hit, but, for some reason, I still reraised. Doh!

Seat 3: TTUBluffer ( $170.49 )
Seat 4: snoopy1239 ( $265.15 )

Dealt to snoopy1239 [  ]

TTUBluffer raises [$7].
snoopy1239 calls [$7].

** Dealing Flop ** [ , , ]

TTUBluffer bets [$15].
snoopy1239 raises [$30].
TTUBluffer calls [$15].

** Dealing Turn ** [ ]

TTUBluffer checks
snoopy1239 bets [$15].

TTUBluffer raises [$40].
snoopy1239 calls [$25].
** Dealing River ** [ ]

TTUBluffer bets [$40].
snoopy1239 raises [$150].

TTUBluffer is all-In  [$53.49]
snoopy1239 shows [ , ] a full house, Nines full of fours.
TTUBluffer shows [ , ] a full house, Kings full of fours.
snoopy1239 wins $56.51 from  side pot #1  with a full house, Nines full of fours.
TTUBluffer wins $340.98 from  the main pot  with a full house, Kings full of fours.
>You have options at Table  107650 Table!.

Overall, I'm relatively pleased with how I played during that session. I've had a couple of sets over sets, flushes outflushed, and so on, today, so I think I've done well to churn out a profit, even if it is a small one.

I wasn't happy that I didn't take my scheduled break during session 3, I really should have split this play up. But, at the time, I thought the table was soft and I didn't want to go back to a stack of $200. Sometimes sitting there with more than everyone else can work to your advantage.

Anyhow, I may play for an hour before bed, I'll see how I feel.

I wonder how I would have faired if I hadn't have taken any breaks...

Well, put it this way, when I did that yesterday, I made a loss. Today I'm back in the black. But, the important thing is that I played well, stayed focus, and didn't allow my decisions be influenced by fatigue... which was kinda the point of me doing this.

Now, how about that pizza... yum.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 03:45:44 AM by snoopy1239 » Logged
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: June 09, 2006, 04:33:43 AM »

Interesting hand snoops, I'd set him all-in too though. I think you should be prepared to payoff those 2-outers on occasions. Wink

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #402 on: August 16, 2006, 10:38:37 PM »

After watching so much poker in Vegas and playing so little, I decided that on my return I would play more poker. Therefore, as this predominantly involves online play, I thought I'd ressurect this thread.

I've always played online, but recently had to cut down due to my obligations with blonde. However, I am now working online poker back into my routine and have played virtually every day since returning home from Vegas.

I hope this thread helped other people, perhaps learning from my many mistakes. I also enjoyed sharing views and opinions with others who play professionally.

I don't play huge levels, so hopefully the experiences I retell are of more relevance to the many blogs out there that just bang on about 25/50 levels.

Anyhow, this is my latest blog entry. I hope people can relate to it.

If you have any comments or you recongise the 'riding the storm' approach, then plese fell free to post on here. Reading this thread was always a good outlet whilst playing poker and kept my feet firmly on the ground.

regards

snoops

http://www.blondepoker.com/index.php?q=node/3596
« Last Edit: August 16, 2006, 11:22:51 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
Sark79

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: August 16, 2006, 11:03:18 PM »

Good post mate.   Have you ever tried Short handed Limit Hold-em?    I presume this is NL
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #404 on: August 16, 2006, 11:10:27 PM »

Good post mate.   Have you ever tried Short handed Limit Hold-em?    I presume this is NL

Actually, I went on last night and was in a right state of confusion.

I hunted around for a good 2-4 game, but every time I sat down it wouldn't let me deposit more than $100. I couldn't work out what was wrong.

Then, after going round a few tables and even having my question unanswered in the chat box, I realised that I'd clicked Limit tables by mistake.

Doh

I also made the same mistake in Vegas. I put my name down for 1/2 no limit, a seat opened and I jumped in.

I was there for 15 minutes before I realised it was Limit. 15 minutes!!!

I did ask myself (1) why are there so many singles on the table (2) Why has everyone got so few chips and I'm sitting here with 500 (3) Why is everyone making Limit bets

Even then I still didn't work out that it was Limit!!!

As Jen said after Bolton when I commented that the moon looked very blue this evening before realising that I was looking through the tinted part of the windscreen...

WHAT A DOPE!

On a serious note, I'm not a fan of limit. My edge is bigger in No-Limit where I can get a whole stack. My patience and mathematical ability isn't good enough for Limit. Also, I get bored if I don't see a lot of action and I dislike playing mulit-way pots.

Do u play Limit then? Any good?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2006, 11:23:15 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: