blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:04:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272586 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Zimbabwe
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Zimbabwe  (Read 3793 times)
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« on: June 23, 2008, 08:22:40 PM »

This situation really f**king irks and angers me, I find it hard to put me feelings on this into actual words.   Tbe below is an extract of an e-mail that was sent from Zimbabwe.  I pray for them.

An email received from Zimbabwe:

The summary below narrates in point form the security situation for the weekending 20 June 2008. The ongoing state sponsered violence has now officially filtered to the urban areas as pointed out by the report. Urban areas have been long perceived as MDC strongholds. Abductions and murders commited by state agents (Central Intelligence Organisation operatives) have been occuring in cities and towns since early May 2008 while assault cases and murders by state agents, Zanu PF militia and youth and war veterans were tied to the rural areas. There is now a shift, with cases of assault and murder now occuring in urban areas. No place in Zimbabwe is now safe.

Thanks and please pray for us

SECURITY UPDATE – week ending Friday 20th June, 2008.

(Please note that this is by no means all the incidents. The violence against opposition MDC members and officials has increased despite the presence of the obververs).

• 15 reported deaths so far this week. Most were abducted and found beaten to death.
• Torture bases have been set up country wide, even in Harare. One (known) is at Mount Pleasant Hall, one in Chisipite.
• ZPF youth are now going door to door forcing domestic staff to attend (indoctrination) rallies and meetings. Reports of domestics in Highlands being beaten up.
• Mataririni Flats, next to OK Bazaars Mbare (Harare) have been "cleaned out" by ZPF militia. Furniture was thrown out of the windows and occupants were told "you are MDC, this is now flats for Zanu PF".
• Midlands – Air Force chief Muchena and Dep. Commissioner Matanga (ZRP) deployed to Midlands to ensure the Zanu PF "campaigning" is being carried out correctly.
• Brig. General Engelbert Mugeje is reported to be keeping violence on the boil in Masvingo Province. (4 reported deaths of MDC members this week).
• PTUZ (Prog. Teachers Union of Zim.) President Takavira Zhou forced to lead Zanu PF campaign in Masvingo.
• ZPF rally held in Hwedza mid week MDC activist, Silas Nhekairo, beaten and then thrown in river. Both hands were smashed. Clinic refused to treat him. Has subsequently been treated in Harare.
• Violence erupted in Mkoba high density suburb in Bulawayo night of Thursday 19th June, 2008. Amos Chibaya MP fled his home at 1am.
• Warning that any white youngsters seen out in town over this weekend will be taken in with no mercy.
• NCA Chairman Lovemore Madhuku's Chipinge home and his fathers home, razed to the ground by militia. Neighbours around the Maduku home and families badly assaulted. (Inf. Millenium Foundation).
• Kangai was badly beaten at Buhera on 17the June 2008. MDC youths reacted to this and 3 Zanu PF's youth were killed. (info. Millenium Foundation).
• Councillor Chiroto house in Hatcliff burned down on night of 17th June, 2008. His wife Abigail was abducted. Her body was found and identified 19th June, 2008.
• Zanu PF youths doing road blocks on Centenary road night of 17th June, 2008.
• Reported on 17.6.08 that a Zanu PF torture base is in a tobacco barn on Markwe Farm, Hwedza (next door to Imire Game Ranch) where screams can be heard. 2 killed there already (identities unknown). Torture camp run by Francis Tongororo. Police tried to investigate but were chased away.
• Senator Morgan Femai, Chikomo had his hardware shop in Mbare looted and destroyed by Zanu youth 16/6/08.
• MDC members from Masikana village, Soswe, Marondera East beaten and now living in the hills.
• High density suburbs in Harare (Epworth, Mbare, Mabvuku, Kudzwana) have had door to door visits from Zanu PF youth throwing them out of their homes, some beaten, all threatened to vote for Mugabe.

Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 08:33:18 PM »

Zimbabwe was the garden of Africa and had huge potential.

This is now life in the raw. I speak as Zim born with my step mother still there.

So we will have a fully fledged dictatorship but no immediate way out. Many African countries turning a blind eye as he was seen as a freedom fighter, how ironic, at least some are starting to talk out. No chance of military intervention from the west, no oil.

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
charmaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 09:41:12 PM »

Samantha's boyfreind is from Zimbabwe and has family there still , must be awful for Jons family , here and there .

Thinking of the people

" Kind words can be short and easy to speak , but there echoes are truly endless " -Mother Theresa
wader leg

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 10:13:42 PM »

Morgan Tsvangirai's bravery must make Western Democratic politicians wince with embarassment.

Having said that though I don't know too much about his past, it seems to me that to get any political power in Africa you need to use a fair amount of violence.

Sealed Knot Society, let's see you do this one.
Luton Town V Millwall 1985
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 09:20:42 AM »

Morgan Tsvangirai's bravery must make Western Democratic politicians wince with embarassment.

Agreed.

I'm with Bandit on this one..the situation in Zimbabwe really pisses me off big time...so I shall leave it at that before I go into a massive rant about the whole bloody thing.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Snatiramas
Loving London

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 12:38:24 PM »

Unfortunately yet again the west talks a good game whilst doing little to change anything.
If there was oil in Zimbabwe would it be different?

My fear also is for South Africa. Could the same happen there?

The most insidious of rules are those that aren't rules at all.
They are the limitations that we invent for ourselves
MKKfish

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 12:45:07 PM »

Unsaid by western politicians, (not good for one's political career), is the fact that Mugabe is not widely criticised by other African nations because he is very convienient to have as the focus for western criticism. The scale of his atrocities and barbarism removes the spotlight from some of the other States very questionable practices.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2008, 12:46:43 PM »

Unsaid by western politicians, (not good for one's political career), is the fact that Mugabe is not widely criticised by other African nations because he is very convienient to have as the focus for western criticism. The scale of his atrocities and barbarism removes the spotlight from some of the other States very questionable practices.

Indeed...

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2008, 12:51:39 PM »

He's also seen by many as a hero for kicking the white man out.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2008, 12:57:45 PM »

One quick question though;

What should we do about the current situation in Zimbabwe?

Send in Election monitors? Done.

Put the MDC in charge without there being elections? Not very democratic and likely to lead to full out civil war.

Send the UK military into Zimbabwe? Is there support enough amongst the British people for that? Would it even go through the security council and how would other African nations react? Let alone the people of Zimbabwe

Send the African Union into Zimbabwe? They haven't done a lot of good in Rwanda and Darfur..so would it help?

Assasinate Mugabe? Pretty illegal..apparently.

So, what is "the West" supposed to do?

Answers on a postcard.

p.s. I know what my preffered option in of the above..but it'd be breaking the law.

jizzemm

BB6 Footy Winners - WALES.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2008, 12:59:25 PM »

One quick question though;

What should we do about the current situation in Zimbabwe?

Assasinate Mugabe? Obv     

"I want to talk about my hand, what do you mean I cant talk about my hand, right im going to talk about the fact that I cant talk about my hand"...
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2008, 01:57:16 PM »

It's an ethical issue whether it's justified one country assassinating the leader of another country (be he a dictator, a sovereign or democratically elected).   

Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to be an ethical issue if one country goes into another and kills thousands of innocent civilians.

I know I wouldn't lose any sleep if Mugabe's life was ended prematurely.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2008, 01:59:21 PM »

I think Mugabe should be offered a deal.

If he agrees to step down as president, he'll be allowed to move into the Big Brother house.

Everyone's a winner.
Snatiramas
Loving London

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2008, 02:17:06 PM »

If he agrees to step down as president, he'll be allowed to move into the Big Brother house.

Everyone's a winner.

But only if he kills all of those in there already

The most insidious of rules are those that aren't rules at all.
They are the limitations that we invent for ourselves
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2008, 02:41:24 PM »

Everyone's a winner.

But only if he kills all of those in there already

I don't think he'll object to that.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: