blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:17:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Complex Hand Analysis - THE TURN - Cut Off
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Complex Hand Analysis - THE TURN - Cut Off  (Read 7473 times)
dan

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2005, 11:15:01 AM »

i set him all in if he has me beat with JQ then so be it. im quite happy to take the pot down there if hes drawing to a flush then i dont mind him calling as the odds are in my favour again same story if he has trips.
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2005, 11:20:55 AM »

I know, Harry just left it........maybe someone can go on THM and remind him about this thread(s)

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
12barblues

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2005, 11:32:11 AM »

It needs to be finished........and then the whole series of threads included in 'Best of Blonde'.

Please, Harry?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2005, 11:34:58 AM by 12barblues » Logged

If life is a game of cards, somebody is cheating.
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2005, 11:38:48 AM »

It says he was last on here Christmas day, pm him and remind him

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
12barblues

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2005, 11:44:20 AM »

Already PM'd him.

I guess he's been busy, but here's hoping he can finish the series.

Harry Demetriou

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2005, 03:24:29 PM »

Oooooooooooooops!

It has been brought to my attention that I didn't complete this thread so here it is....

Unfotunately there is no real conclusion

On the turn the cutt off having made their straight bet the size of the pot and the buton folded.

An unsatisfactory end to the thread no doubt but there is a great deal of controversy over how much the cutt off should have bet.

Most people went for betting nothing or something very small to allow the button to continue with a further bet or bluff.

Personally having had the button bet the flop and then calling as the cut off, think it is more than reasonable to assume that the button had something and that as such it was unlikely that they would fold. Of course it is possible that the button was on a draw or complete bluff but due to the sheer numbers seeing the flop felt that it is reasonable to assume that the button is deep enough into this hand to have to call.

As such if they are on a draw I want to give them bad odds so will bet around 2/3 the pot or at least half the buttons remaining stack as I want ot play for all their money.

The button subsequently folding to a bet is neither here nor there because you don't have this information at the time it is your turn to act on fourth street.

If they are on a draw it would be criminal imho to allow an opponent to suck out on you at this critical stage of a tournament and the pot is big enough for you to take it down.

If they have you beat at this point with a bigger straight then its just too bad, I want all the buttons money and betting a paltry amount is not the way to get it. I want to bet hoping they have something like top pair and a straight draw or two pair so all the money will go in. Them folding is just unfortunate.

Well those are my views on this anyway.
Harry Demetriou

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2005, 03:26:43 PM »

Sorry for forgetting about this...it coincided with either going to Monte Carlo or the USA and my having a mini internet access problem. Not like me to leave things up in the air...sincerest apologies.
12barblues

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2005, 03:43:18 PM »

No need to apologise for providing the best analysis thread by miles!

Thank you. 

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2005, 04:50:37 PM »

Thanks Harry.

We will forgive you - on THIS occasion - if you Post another Hand Analysis. We have this section now especially for Hand Analysis, so your input would be very welcome.

You should be aware that I have had a lot of PM's from blondes who have suggested that your Hand Analysis Posts should be added to the "Best of blonde" Section, so that shows how much the Members  value them. More please!

As to my view of the hand, I'd have moved all-in. But then again, have you ever seen my Heads-Up record? I did it yet again last night, playing fora first prize of $7k - I had a MASSIVE Heads-Up lead, but managed to blow it. Some things never change.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: