blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 06:51:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272932 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  How much does your household spend on food?
Poll
Question: How much does your household spend on food per person per day?
<£2 per person per day
£2-£4 per person per day
£5 per person per day
£6-£8 per person per day
>£8 per person per day

Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How much does your household spend on food?  (Read 3090 times)
Grier78
www.AllInOnADraw.com

www.AllInOnADraw.com

View Profile WWW
« on: June 27, 2008, 02:22:04 PM »

I have calculated that for my household of two people we spend £5 per person per day (for all food and drink at home and eating out), which is the luxury budget on Big Brother but doesn't seem much of a luxury to me.

How does everyone else fit in and should I aim to reduce my spend.

Also has anyone else noticed their spend skyrocket this year?

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 02:31:37 PM »

I'm rubbish when it comes to grocery shopping - I don't do a proper weekly shop and I never have a shopping list.  I go to sainsbury's 2-3 times a week and spend £10-£25 each time.  I'd say I average about £30 a week when I'm on my own, and about £40 when I've got my daughter with me.  Add on a takeaway every couple of weeks, and a visit to mcdonalds or wimpy every few weeks, and I'd say probably around £5 a day too.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 02:33:11 PM by Claw75 » Logged

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 02:32:40 PM »

We've 5 in the family and after doing all the maths we're in the £6 - £8 range per person per day.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 02:34:01 PM »

We've 5 in the family and after doing all the maths we're in the £6 - £8 range per person per day.

gee thats ish at least £210 a week fook does that include beer??
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2008, 02:36:36 PM »

..MrsB might will know better than me but I reckon our weekly shop is about £60..+ say £20 for stuff we runout of during the week...MrsB buys her lunch at the office a few days a week so that'll be a tenner or so (just a guess)...

Say 100£ between us...14£ a day 2 people, 7£'ish.

I honestly couldn't tell you if we spend more on food now than we did a year ago though..I just give MrsB the pay and she sorts out the bills...and my pocketmoney Smiley

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2008, 02:39:21 PM »

I spend about 60 pound+ a week for myself, that's without takeaways, but i buy every peice of over priced prosseced crap theyve got in the gaff.

bbq ribs x3 thats like 8 pound, rustlers quaterpounder with cheese about 5-6 of those at 1.80 a go or something like that, 4 goodfellas pizzas at 2.50 each, thinking about it i could probably eat for atleast half of that but i'm soooooooooooooooooo lazy!
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2008, 02:40:23 PM »

I might spend 20 per week on bottles of Coors Light for the fridge on a good week.  Apart from that, no as we usually go out for our drinks.

3 kids (11, 12 & 16) who never stop raiding the cupboards plus all their friends.  Suppose that's why it adds up.  To be honest, this place is a bit like Grand Central Station.  Front door is always open and a good few coming and going through the day.  I'd rather it this way, than chasing them out and never being sure where my own kids were.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
HaworthBantam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2008, 02:41:54 PM »

I'm in the £6-£8 bracket.

I live alone, eat fresh veg and free range everything. I don't drink or smoke, so I don't see the food outlay as excessive. When Caz stays with me the outlay pretty much remains the same.

Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2008, 02:47:32 PM »

Never even thought about it.  I try not to as I get worried about all the money I'm spending.  Well not worried, but it makes me think about it which I try not to do.  We need to eat so I'd rather just get what I want.

I'm like Claire, I go to Sainsburys every few days and get bits in which probably costs me more too, but I like going anyway providing it's not too busy.  If I had to guess, I'd say a fiver sounds right, but then I could be out, I'm not sure so I didn't vote

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2008, 02:48:31 PM »

Over £8 easy, even without booze.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2008, 02:49:44 PM »

Obv...I really need to diet then.

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2008, 02:49:59 PM »

forgot to include school dinners at £1.90 per day

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2008, 02:51:16 PM »

I have calculated that for my household of two people we spend £5 per person per day (for all food and drink at home and eating out), which is the luxury budget on Big Brother but doesn't seem much of a luxury to me.

How does everyone else fit in and should I aim to reduce my spend.

Also has anyone else noticed their spend skyrocket this year?

You must be a pair of mice.

Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2008, 02:51:41 PM »

I forgot to think about lunch at about £2.00 per day!  I guess I'm over a fiver.

Aren't you a bit old to sneek in for School Dinners Claw75?

bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2008, 03:02:39 PM »

I remember in secondary school i had to buy my own lunch but would always spunk the money in the moring on a couple of scratchcards but when you used to go in the dinner hall you'd give the dinner lady your name and she'd see if you were eligable for free school dinners(which i wasnt as my parents worked) and give you a ticket but it wouldnt always be the same lady so whoever wasnt in school from my class that day i'd just go up and get their ticket, they clocked in the end but the dinnerladies were such sweethearts they didnt care and and were cool about giving away the free lunches, i rememeber they day they finally twigged.............

dinnerlady:*looking down at dinner register*."name"?

Me:"harvinder singh"

dinnerlady:*looks up* "sigh, just take the ticket"

was worth it though cos one day i scooped 40 pound on one of the scratchcards, me and my pals did NOT make it to the school gates that day!
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: