blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 12, 2024, 09:13:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272988 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Can he have anything?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can he have anything?  (Read 2408 times)
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2008, 11:53:16 AM »

Hero call of the week?

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2008, 12:40:54 PM »

What do you think long term EV is with calls like this?

I make them quite often because I never believe a pot bet on the river following this action. I often find that I was right to think he's bluffing but he's got the seven or something equally as sickening. The read was right but the outcome went wrong if you know what I mean.

I can understand that it's not worth raising because he's either got nothing or the nuts but nothing could easily be a pair at omaha.

Middle pair just seems very risky and I just wonder how it works out long term.

That was my worry, what if he is bluffing with a 7, i think i this hand that's unlikely i have checked twice i pretty much never have anything by then so he checks behind. I don't make a habbit of calling with 3rd pair in PLO, lol

If i had air as well i might well min raise here but obviously then i am getting evens as opposed to 2-1 which is far less attractive!

much prefer a raise here, would be sick for him to table a bluff that beats you.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2008, 12:55:52 PM »

What do you think long term EV is with calls like this?

I make them quite often because I never believe a pot bet on the river following this action. I often find that I was right to think he's bluffing but he's got the seven or something equally as sickening. The read was right but the outcome went wrong if you know what I mean.

I can understand that it's not worth raising because he's either got nothing or the nuts but nothing could easily be a pair at omaha.

Middle pair just seems very risky and I just wonder how it works out long term.

That was my worry, what if he is bluffing with a 7, i think i this hand that's unlikely i have checked twice i pretty much never have anything by then so he checks behind. I don't make a habbit of calling with 3rd pair in PLO, lol

If i had air as well i might well min raise here but obviously then i am getting evens as opposed to 2-1 which is far less attractive!

much prefer a raise here, would be sick for him to table a bluff that beats you.

Yeah more i think about the call the more i think a raise is much better, although would confuse the fck out of him given he has the 

On the plus side the call tilted him so much he donated another $1k after

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2008, 01:28:26 PM »

max raise as it is capped surely
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2008, 03:47:39 PM »

max raise as it is capped surely

$204 to win $102 when he can only possibly call if we're losing. Nooooooooo!!!!!

Max raise looks weak if anything and is more likely to end in a world of hurt when someone like flushy realises what you're up to and comes straight over the top cus it's an obvious bluff.

Min raise looks like you want a call. Any junk hand has to fold unless they're brilliant and can pull a reraise out of somewhere.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
RichEO

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2008, 04:34:23 PM »

How does the cap work here? If you reraise is there any scope for him to reraise back with the bare Ace or have you hit the cap already?

$240 is only 40BB. Do you hit the cap every hand?
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2008, 05:22:22 PM »

unless they're brilliant and can pull a reraise out of somewhere.

I know from bitter experience that you shouldn't give anyone this opportunity.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2008, 12:57:18 PM »

How does the cap work here? If you reraise is there any scope for him to reraise back with the bare Ace or have you hit the cap already?

Didn't notice the cap. Good point.

How does it work? Can you hit $240 every betting round? Does this mean there's no raising once there's $240 in the pot?

Mr flush? Anyone?

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2008, 01:30:23 PM »

How does it work? Can you hit $240 every betting round? Does this mean there's no raising once there's $240 in the pot?

Mr flush? Anyone?

$240 per pot max, once you have put $240 into the pot you can do no more. It makes the games really juicy as people gamble waaaay to much

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2008, 02:58:06 PM »

Mr flush? Anyone?

$240 per pot max, once you have put $240 into the pot you can do no more. It makes the games really juicy as people gamble waaaay to much

Very nice.

Might have to find me one of those 

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2008, 10:51:14 PM »

Mr flush? Anyone?

Very nice.

Might have to find me one of those 

They are great on Full Tilt

I have played them from 3-6 to 10-20 and the action just gets juicier! I have heard 25-50 is the best but i dont like flipping for $2k all the time!!

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: