blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 06:44:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Hancock or C*ck? SPOILERS IN THREAD
Poll
Question: The Writers F*cked it
yes - 6 (19.4%)
No - 9 (29%)
Flushy for mod - 6 (19.4%)
IFM & Flushy for mod - 4 (12.9%)
Kev has all the freeroll passwords - 6 (19.4%)
Total Voters: 31

Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hancock or C*ck? SPOILERS IN THREAD  (Read 2470 times)
Newmanseye

I defy you, stars!

View Profile
« on: July 14, 2008, 08:31:08 PM »

I watched the movie over the weekend, and what seemed to have a lot of potential just went all wrong as the plot progressed,  after viewing I was just happy I didn't shell out the money to see it at the Cinema.

other opinions?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 09:03:19 PM by TightEnd » Logged

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."

Hans Gruber - Die Hard
Grier78
www.AllInOnADraw.com

www.AllInOnADraw.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 08:35:41 PM »

I watched the movie over the weekend, and what seemed to have a lot of potential just went all wrong as the plot progressed,  after viewing I was just happy I didn't shell out the money to see it at the Cinema.

other opinions?

Did you know the cinema version is completly different to the ones that you can download. The movie studio flooded the internet with B cuts that got bad reviews at test screenings to try and get people to go to the cinema instead of illegaly downloading.

Newmanseye

I defy you, stars!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 08:37:18 PM »

other opinions?

Did you know the cinema version is completly different to the ones that you can download. The movie studio flooded the internet with B cuts that got bad reviews at test screenings to try and get people to go to the cinema instead of illegaly downloading.

Now that would explain a lot

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."

Hans Gruber - Die Hard
Indestructable

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 08:47:43 PM »

I went to see it at last weekend and thought it was ok, i wouldn't go back to see it again, but it was ok for an evening out. I have seen a few films of late and they have tended to be like this rated as ok, nothing more, nothing less. desperate for a really good film to come out.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 09:02:01 PM »

SPOILERS WITHIN

Bloody american test audiences ruin everything, thats why the Simpsons movie was so shit.

Regarding Hancock, it had loads of potential but I agree, they cocked it up the moment they revealed the lady with the super powers. From that point on it became to Lost/Heroes/any film with a plot twist esque. I had no idea if it was supposed to be a comedy or not from that point on.

If they had just put another 15 minutes of Will Smith drunk, followed by 15 minutes of him trying to be a sober hero, it would have been a good film.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 09:03:37 PM by TightEnd » Logged
sledge13

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 09:26:15 PM »

I went to see it at last weekend and thought it was ok, i wouldn't go back to see it again, but it was ok for an evening out. I have seen a few films of late and they have tended to be like this rated as ok, nothing more, nothing less. desperate for a really good film to come out.

Good films? Forgetting Sarah Marshall was excellent, even Russel Brand was great in it which I was surprised at. The Orphanage is a good thriller if you dont mind subtitles...
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 10:26:56 PM »

I didnt mind Hancock at all, harmless fun all round...

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
relaedgc

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2008, 12:41:50 PM »

I quite enjoyed it, personally.

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
Friedrich Nietzsche
Ismene

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2008, 12:48:21 PM »

V good
I Am Willis

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2008, 09:02:07 PM »

i liked it imo! lol decent film a bit short though, just like this post
stallyon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2008, 12:57:28 AM »

watched it...thought it was crud...oh kfc my life

Click to see full-size image.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2008, 03:48:00 PM »

Saw it, didn't like it. Like Barry said, as soon as it gets to the 'twist' it goes crap. Completely silly, and isn't sure whether it wants to be a comedy or not. And what about those bad guys, what's the point of them? So little character development in this story, it's incredible.

However, it was relatively enjoyable in parts, and there were some nice one liners. Up until she Theron revealed who she was, I thought it was pretty good. Will Smith rocks, pity about the shoddy script writer. Great opener too.
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2008, 03:53:58 PM »

Will Smith rocks,

QFMFT

HI HELEN!
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2008, 12:51:38 PM »

(Spoiler)

It was okay overall but totally know what you're saying...

It was looking really good until the girl turned out to be a superhero too. Then it turned weird.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
Sunday8pm

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2008, 02:39:24 PM »

SPOILERS WITHIN

Bloody american test audiences ruin everything, thats why the Simpsons movie was so shit.

Regarding Hancock, it had loads of potential but I agree, they cocked it up the moment they revealed the lady with the super powers. From that point on it became to Lost/Heroes/any film with a plot twist esque. I had no idea if it was supposed to be a comedy or not from that point on.

If they had just put another 15 minutes of Will Smith drunk, followed by 15 minutes of him trying to be a sober hero, it would have been a good film.
This is hugely correct
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: