blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 11:56:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Book Review
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Book Review  (Read 799 times)
Mrs C

View Profile WWW
« on: November 09, 2005, 02:45:57 PM »

Snoopy reviews Mastering No-Limit Hol'em written by Fox & Harker.
"AS students of the game, we tend to be enticed by books written by known names who have found unadulterated success. However, as Hellmuth's offerings have proved, this trail doesn't always lead us in the right direction."......

Read all about it at blondepoker
Win Never

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2005, 02:50:45 PM »

Yes totally agree mrs c about hellmuths book, its the worst poker book ive bought to be honest.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2005, 03:01:53 PM »

From the review:

This is a book based solely on cash games with most examples coming from fixed limit tables.

I think I know what snoopy means (that the examples come mostly from one level of the game, rather than having one hand from a game with $0.50/$1 blinds, then the next one from a $10/$20 game) but the phrase 'fixed limit' will only confuse people (who will, understandably, assume that fixed limit != no limit).
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2005, 04:52:25 PM »

From the review:

This is a book based solely on cash games with most examples coming from fixed limit tables.

I think I know what snoopy means (that the examples come mostly from one level of the game, rather than having one hand from a game with $0.50/$1 blinds, then the next one from a $10/$20 game) but the phrase 'fixed limit' will only confuse people (who will, understandably, assume that fixed limit != no limit).

I was just about to make the same point - I thought Snoopy was referring to fixed limit games in the review, which would be a fairly significant issue for a book supposedly regarding No Limit strategy!

Sheriff

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: