blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 02:05:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272772 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Playing Habbits...
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Playing Habbits...  (Read 3107 times)
sovietsong

View Profile
« on: July 27, 2008, 10:29:17 PM »

Just thinking about the amount of poker I play and at what times etc.  I work full time so generally play a few hours in the evening if I'm not going out or doing something else and play as much as I can over the weekend again depending on what is going on socially.

I was wondering do other people struggle to balance poker/home life the way I do?  I often play for longer than I should and only realise when the missus gently reminds me with a smack round the back of the head.

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 10:33:03 PM »

Mrs Song has the best job in the world thumbs up

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 10:34:23 PM »

Mrs Song has the best job in the world thumbs up

She is a lucky lady....many women would kill to be the one to smack me round the back of the head!

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 11:26:38 PM »

The queue outside SS's house for the new job that's been advertised.

As for the question, I think there are probably lots of us who play too much and get the balance wrong.  Poker is definitely suited more for those who are single than in a relationship (imo).  Balancing working, playing poker and spending time with the better half is definitely not always easy.  We've had a more than a few posters on here state that poker has affected their relationships - even to the degree that they have given something up (not always the poker).

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
The_duke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2008, 11:29:24 PM »

As for the question, I think there are probably lots of us who play too much and get the balance wrong.  Poker is definitely suited more for those who are single than in a relationship (imo).  Balancing working, playing poker and spending time with the better half is definitely not always easy.  We've had a more than a few posters on here state that poker has affected their relationships - even to the degree that they have given something up (not always the poker).

Yep -- still playing poker thumbs up

A great many people believe they are thinking, when in fact they are just rearranging their prejudices
Newmanseye

I defy you, stars!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2008, 11:51:05 PM »

Johnathan Raab  looks a little over dressed for the Job

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."

Hans Gruber - Die Hard
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2008, 11:56:09 PM »

LOL - if it was a caption comp you'd have it sewn up already Cheesy.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 12:02:56 AM by kinboshi » Logged

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Pelham Boy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2008, 11:58:55 PM »

"The boy Gedge has written some of the best love songs of the Rock 'n' Roll Era. You may dispute this, but I'm right and you're wrong!" John Peel.
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2008, 01:17:51 AM »

superb!
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2008, 01:30:45 AM »

lololol n1 Billy

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2008, 08:24:34 AM »

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
ShatnerPants

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2008, 11:08:04 AM »

Just thinking about the amount of poker I play and at what times etc.  I work full time so generally play a few hours in the evening if I'm not going out or doing something else and play as much as I can over the weekend again depending on what is going on socially.

I was wondering do other people struggle to balance poker/home life the way I do?  I often play for longer than I should and only realise when the missus gently reminds me with a smack round the back of the head.

If you are young, single, and not working, then poker is the perfect pastime.

But if any one ( or more ) of those is missing, the chances are you play too much poker.  We all do.  But would you have it any other way? 

I know I bally well wouldn't.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2008, 11:48:20 AM »

I wonder what Kinboshi typed into Google Images to find that photo?
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2008, 11:50:31 AM »

Kinboshi doesn't look into Google for answers, Google looks into Kinboshi...

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2008, 01:06:56 PM »

I tried 'women queue', but too many burkha-wearing women in the results.  So I tried 'girls queue' and it was the first result.

I missed a trick though.  I should have used this image, and it would have tied in with the thread title as well:

Click to see full-size image.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 01:08:36 PM by kinboshi » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: