blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:09:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  *** 'THE OFFICIAL MOVIE THREAD' ***
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 ... 255 Go Down Print
Author Topic: *** 'THE OFFICIAL MOVIE THREAD' ***  (Read 617572 times)
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #540 on: September 13, 2009, 01:39:55 PM »

Adventureland, oh dear.
The director of Superbad brings you...the biggest pile of pap seen this year. How this didn't go straight to DVD is beyond me.
Avoid at all costs imo, I stuck it out for 40mins but couldn't take any more.
It's a comedy with zero laughs. Tired, awful effort.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #541 on: September 13, 2009, 01:48:19 PM »

I watched the break up last night, what a great film, not at all what you'd expect from that sort of film, didnt follow any of the normal hollywood conventions for that genre and was really easy to watch, jennifer aniston has established herself in her own right as a genuine hollywood actress and i just really enjoyed it.

the ending was also really good, not at all what i expected, so many hollywood films dont know how to do an ending these days but this was just right for a film that didnt really follow the usual template for that sort of film
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 01:52:10 PM by bolt pp » Logged
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #542 on: September 13, 2009, 02:07:04 PM »

agree bolt, vince vaughn is the nuts when it comes to rom/com's or justcomedy films. Wedding crashers is just immense.
The-Crow
~*v*~ (_)? ~*v*~

loves SkyPoker

View Profile
« Reply #543 on: September 18, 2009, 11:33:35 PM »

Watched the new film by Tim Burton Tonight called " 9"

“9” is an animated film about nine stitched burlap robot dolls (which the director, Shane Acker, calls “stitchpunks”).

The nine dolls are living in a post-apocalyptic landscape after a war between humans and machines has decimated the Earth. They were created by a scientist to be humanity’s last hope.

Its not his best effort   4 out of ten

don't let all this stuff scare ya.  its all a bit of fun
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #544 on: September 18, 2009, 11:48:09 PM »

Sure he still managed to find a part for Helen Bonham Carter?

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
sledge13

View Profile
« Reply #545 on: September 19, 2009, 09:46:16 AM »

Hancock - 7/10 - much better than I thought it would be, and enjoyed it a lot more than the dour Dark Knight.
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #546 on: September 19, 2009, 11:33:07 PM »

Just back from 'Gamer', bit weird, not Mr Butler's best work...

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #547 on: September 19, 2009, 11:37:47 PM »

Posted this a while back on another thread

I have watched recently

Rise of the footsoldier http://www.riseofthefootsoldier.co.uk/

Now I am a big fan of the footy hooligan films .. ID (will always be the best imo) , Green Street, Football Factory and who remembers "The Firm", a late 80's TV film with Gary Oldman that was quality too ... 

Anyway, Rise of the footsoldier ... charts the rise up the criminal underworld ladder of Carlton Leach from one of the main boys of the ICF to a big player in a feared london underworld gang in the late 80's.  It is based on a true story.

It is scarily violent, sickeningly so at times... yet compulsive viewing.  Although you cannot seriously take to any of the characters in the film, you cant help but want to know the outcome. The film plays heavily on the Range rover killing at Rettendon in Essex.

It certainly isnt a chick flick, but its certainly one to get on the box if the Mrs is having a girly night out with her mates... Good Film.

Second one was "Daylight Robbery" http://www.daylightrobberymovie.com/

British robbery film ... story has been done to death, think italian job, etc etc   story centres around a bank job during the world cup ... a group of lads check in at the airport, then sod off to rob a bank and get back to the airport and go to Germany to watch england in the world cup.

I thoroughly enjoyed it ... had a few twists and turns but was very predictable ... if you are a fan of gritty british gangster/bank job films ... get these 2 films watched ... you wont be disappointed

Will have to go to the flicks to watch the remake .... I think I will be disappointed, but we will see.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #548 on: September 19, 2009, 11:40:32 PM »

Posted this a while back on another thread

I have watched recently

Rise of the footsoldier http://www.riseofthefootsoldier.co.uk/

Now I am a big fan of the footy hooligan films .. ID (will always be the best imo) , Green Street, Football Factory and who remembers "The Firm", a late 80's TV film with Gary Oldman that was quality too ... 

Anyway, Rise of the footsoldier ... charts the rise up the criminal underworld ladder of Carlton Leach from one of the main boys of the ICF to a big player in a feared london underworld gang in the late 80's.  It is based on a true story.

It is scarily violent, sickeningly so at times... yet compulsive viewing.  Although you cannot seriously take to any of the characters in the film, you cant help but want to know the outcome. The film plays heavily on the Range rover killing at Rettendon in Essex.

It certainly isnt a chick flick, but its certainly one to get on the box if the Mrs is having a girly night out with her mates... Good Film.

Second one was "Daylight Robbery" http://www.daylightrobberymovie.com/

British robbery film ... story has been done to death, think italian job, etc etc   story centres around a bank job during the world cup ... a group of lads check in at the airport, then sod off to rob a bank and get back to the airport and go to Germany to watch england in the world cup.

I thoroughly enjoyed it ... had a few twists and turns but was very predictable ... if you are a fan of gritty british gangster/bank job films ... get these 2 films watched ... you wont be disappointed

Will have to go to the flicks to watch the remake .... I think I will be disappointed, but we will see.

being the romantic that I am,

I'll be taking the Mrs to see this on tueday
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #549 on: September 19, 2009, 11:42:00 PM »

LOL ... I told Jane that I am going on my own ... although I think I should make her watch it as payback for "Time travellers wife" Wink

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #550 on: September 20, 2009, 01:30:24 PM »

Just back from Gamer, bit shite. In fact a lot shite. 35 mins was all I could take. Absurd clched nonsense imo.

Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #551 on: September 20, 2009, 10:40:59 PM »

Just back from cinema ...

The Firm...

A remake of the 1988 tv drama ... but very different, Oldman's portrayal of Bex was infinitely better than this guys ... the only advice I would give anyone going to see this would be, Ignore the original and treat this as a different film altogether.

It was good, but the gritty, menacing and bordering on psychopathic Bex, didnt hit as hard as the original.

Great soundtrack, some genuine LOL moments, average movie overall.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #552 on: September 20, 2009, 11:21:20 PM »

The Firm...

A remake of the 1988 tv drama ... but very different, Oldman's portrayal of Bex was infinitely better than this guys ... the only advice I would give anyone going to see this would be, Ignore the original and treat this as a different film altogether.

It was good, but the gritty, menacing and bordering on psychopathic Bex, didnt hit as hard as the original.

Great soundtrack, some genuine LOL moments, average movie overall.

The Firm...

Great soundtrack
, some genuine LOL moments, average movie overall.

That reminds me...
sledge13

View Profile
« Reply #553 on: September 21, 2009, 10:31:15 PM »

Looks like Shaun Of The Dead Usa style... thumbs up

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #554 on: September 22, 2009, 08:06:45 AM »

Looks like Shaun Of The Dead Usa style... thumbs up

Looks like a shameless copy of SOTD but killing zombies is always funny
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 ... 255 Go Up Print 
« previous next »