blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 07:13:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  *** 'THE OFFICIAL MOVIE THREAD' ***
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 ... 255 Go Down Print
Author Topic: *** 'THE OFFICIAL MOVIE THREAD' ***  (Read 620793 times)
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #960 on: January 16, 2010, 03:49:17 AM »

Cry

I knew you'd unfollwed me on Twitter for a reason...

lol, i didnt, for some reason Twitter decided to unfollow me from lodsa people, pretty tilting.

Im following you again now.

sledge13

View Profile
« Reply #961 on: January 16, 2010, 08:50:11 AM »

Joining the District 9 debate to disagree with 3 ppls whose opinions i usually admire hugely: Sledge, ChipPrince & if memory serves, Flushy.

I thought it was absolute tosh, one of the worst films iv ever seen.

Norrrr! did you actually watch it all tho, as a few on here gave up after 1/2 hour when it starts off like a documentary...in a sea of Hollywood bollocks...District 9 was an original, exciting breath of fresh air...worst films ever?   it was 100 x better than The Dark Knight so dont know where it puts that...

lol you're a joker, the first 1/2 hour - 45 mins was the best part then it gets stupid...

Look, leave Batman out of it already!!! its pants!  ...and stupid? I will say it again..easily best film of 2009.
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #962 on: January 16, 2010, 01:58:34 PM »

Just returned from the cinema ... went to see 'The road' ... will do a review tomorrow.

I thought it was superb, Jane is not so sure.

You fekkin love everything though ya bucket

Didnt read my review of 2012 or time travellers wife then.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #963 on: January 16, 2010, 04:44:58 PM »

THE ROAD

Well ... not sure where to start tbh ... not having read the book I had nothing to compare the film too, but had read from others that it was very true to the written version.

The film is bleak, but what else could it be given the story ... basically it is a post apocalyptic relationship story between a father and son, their journey to the south coast in search of warmer weather is the whole film.

It is pretty hard viewing at times and deffo one to avoid if you are on any sort of anti depressants !  they should check you for sharp objects at the ticket office to reduce any chances of people self harming !

The lad that plays the son plays a fantastic part, in fact the whole cast were really good and believable ... Robert Duvall's cameo as an old man that they meet along the way is just superbly acted.

There was one scene where some fella had nicked all of the Father and Sons possessions, and after catching up with him, the Father makes him strip ... very very powerful acting.

Not a film for thrill seekers, no real action, no twists and turns, and no hollywood ending ... but it was a powerful and compelling film and certainly a film that I wont forget in a hurry ... would thoroughly recommend this film, but make sure you are in the right frame of mind to watch it.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #964 on: January 16, 2010, 05:55:20 PM »

Gotta agree with you Kev, it certainly haunts you for a few days that film.

I believe Cormac McCarthy became a father in his 70s & this book is a response to the feelings he has for his young son, knowing that he is likely to die whilst he's still young, before he can teach him about life. The film really reflects that very powerfully.

Book 9/10

Film 8/10 (I rarely see a film adaption that lives up to the book, but this gets close).

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.
cdw1111
sandancer

View Profile
« Reply #965 on: January 16, 2010, 06:26:06 PM »

UP IN THE AIR.

This film is up for a load of awards so i thought i'd check it out.George Clooney plays a guy who's job is to fly around the states "firing" people under difficult circumstances during the economic downturn.He lives out of his suitcase,a lonely life,distant from his family with few if no friends but he's contented with his lot,his main goal is reaching 10 mill airmiles and the beneifts that ensue.
    Well this is a movie and his life changes when he meets two women,the first a fellow weary traveller on the corporate grind and the second a young naive graduate who wants to bring his job into the computer age basically sacking people online and therefore making his own travelling life redundant.
   It's so predictable,i think i could have wrote it given the initial idea but it's saved by the casting of the three main characters who play it to a tee.I don't think it will live with you for a long time but it's enjoyable and far from a waste of time.The director said he only had Clooney in mind when looking to cast the lead and he hits the spot as the charming loner and it's hard to imagine anyone else playing it so well.

LET THE RIGHT ONE IN.

Vampires are everywhere at the minute,the lastest en vogue thing,i wouldn't be surprised if one popped up on Emmerdale but heho i thought i'd give it a watch.This is a small film from Sweden,set in a bleak Stockholm suburb about a young lads pretty miserable bullied life,which all changes with the arrival of a new neighbour.So with not a lot of expectations(subtitles,slow,not very gory,kids as the main characters)i was properly surprised at how good this film is.It's beautifully shot and leaves you feeling uneasy without being terrified and i really enjoyed it.Oh nooooo!! it's getting a Hollywood remake-watch this one instead.

shy bairns get nowt
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #966 on: January 16, 2010, 06:39:05 PM »

THE ROAD

Well ... not sure where to start tbh ... not having read the book I had nothing to compare the film too, but had read from others that it was very true to the written version.

The film is bleak, but what else could it be given the story ... basically it is a post apocalyptic relationship story between a father and son, their journey to the south coast in search of warmer weather is the whole film.

It is pretty hard viewing at times and deffo one to avoid if you are on any sort of anti depressants !  they should check you for sharp objects at the ticket office to reduce any chances of people self harming !

The lad that plays the son plays a fantastic part, in fact the whole cast were really good and believable ... Robert Duvall's cameo as an old man that they meet along the way is just superbly acted.

There was one scene where some fella had nicked all of the Father and Sons possessions, and after catching up with him, the Father makes him strip ... very very powerful acting.

Not a film for thrill seekers, no real action, no twists and turns, and no hollywood ending ... but it was a powerful and compelling film and certainly a film that I wont forget in a hurry ... would thoroughly recommend this film, but make sure you are in the right frame of mind to watch it.

Nice review. I read the book, and the film is very authentic.

Sensational performance by the boy, who looks uncannily like his screen mum Theron. Viggo Mortensen is excellent too

Great cinematography set around Pittsburgh and New Orleans.

Much like There Will be blood and No country, one of the films of the last few years. The antithesis of a Scottish Dave film, and all the better for it!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #967 on: January 16, 2010, 07:06:04 PM »

LOL @ The antithesis of a Scottish Dave film.

I tried to watch Transformers 2 on a plane a couple of days ago but couldn't last more than 20 minutes and asked to get off. At 36,000 feet. That's how guff it was.

Looking forward to The Road. Has Viggo Mortensen ever made a mistake picking roles?

Don't know when or if these two are coming out but they is both quality

Paper Heart http://uk.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi3209626393/
Adam http://uk.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi230031897/

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Scottish Dave

Im in love with Trigg!

View Profile
« Reply #968 on: January 16, 2010, 08:34:49 PM »

THE ROAD

Nice review. I read the book, and the film is very authentic.

Sensational performance by the boy, who looks uncannily like his screen mum Theron. Viggo Mortensen is excellent too

Great cinematography set around Pittsburgh and New Orleans.

Much like There Will be blood and No country, one of the films of the last few years. The antithesis of a Scottish Dave film, and all the better for it!

There will be Blood is seriously one of the worst films ever made, I was close to getting the razor blade out!

After it finished me and the missus just looked at each other and burst out laughing at how we both wasted 3 hours of our lives!

Click to see full-size image.

Last Man Standing 2 - Champion!!               The Shrewdie's!!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #969 on: January 16, 2010, 08:43:28 PM »

I rest my considerable case

My eyes are open wide
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #970 on: January 16, 2010, 08:44:05 PM »

bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #971 on: January 16, 2010, 08:51:05 PM »

the end was so fckin stupid though
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #972 on: January 16, 2010, 09:13:33 PM »

"Are ye's kudding me, three farking oors o'shite and I ran oot e'popcorn after an oor." - Scottish Dave, Empire

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #973 on: January 16, 2010, 09:19:07 PM »

Blood? Or No Country?

My eyes are open wide
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #974 on: January 16, 2010, 09:56:42 PM »

Blood? Or No Country?

both really but i was thinking about blood, good films for 80% then ridic endings!!!
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 ... 255 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: