blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:39:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  *** 'THE OFFICIAL MOVIE THREAD' ***
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 ... 255 Go Down Print
Author Topic: *** 'THE OFFICIAL MOVIE THREAD' ***  (Read 620662 times)
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #1260 on: July 26, 2010, 12:40:38 AM »

Yeh i laughed more than twice at Toy Story 3 but it was more emotional than funny. Worth watching but it's not as good as the others.
Finally watched kick ass and really enjoyed that.
Just watched Karate Kid. Nothing more or less than i expected. Funny in parts but we all know the story so it was never going to amaze anyone.
Going to see Inception later this week.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1261 on: July 26, 2010, 08:29:45 AM »

If old movies count I saw Midnight Run with Robert De Niro over the weekend, its one of those movies that I managed to miss when it came out, but I loved it, top 80s film
TightPaulFolds

Not a moderator in any fashion whatsoever

View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: July 26, 2010, 10:10:54 AM »

If old movies count I saw Midnight Run with Robert De Niro over the weekend, its one of those movies that I managed to miss when it came out, but I loved it, top 80s film

Classic movie.

Talked my mate out of 'The A-Team', reviews were horrendous', ended up seeing 'City Island', really funny, a proper character film 8.5/10

""Set in a small fishing community in the Bronx with a large population of Italian-Americans, City Island is a warmly hilarious movie about family members and their secret hearts. Writer-director Raymond De Felitta (Two Family House) tells his story modestly, but his gift for laughs laced with charm and bristling humanity is utterly irresistible. Andy Garcia, showing an untapped flair for comedy, gives one of his best and most beguiling performances as Vince Rizzo, a prison guard (he prefers "corrections officer") whose wife, Joyce (a sexy, frisky Julianna Margulies), DELETED SPOILER., hilariously deadpanned by Alan Arkin. I'll say no more. City Island is a relief for filmgoers dulled by Hollywood formula. Despite lapses into overstatement, it's nothing but good, sweet, breezy times.""

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/reviews/17929/103262

TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: July 26, 2010, 10:20:45 AM »

Enjoyed Inception, good stuff.  Hoping to see Toy Story this week, Human Centipede next week!

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: July 26, 2010, 10:29:50 AM »

My better looking half wanted to see Karate Kid but made the Rookie mistake of not realising it wasn't released until next week...that left Inception or Predators.She didn't fancy inception so ugly muther fuckers it was.

Another assault on Chiquito's later we are ready to rock and roll...

TBH I went in with low expectations... these types of sequels tend to be low brow money spinners. Taken as a pure stand alone action flick it turned out not too bad..It opens straight into the action with random group of tough hombres...special forces,FBI most wanted etc waking up to find themselves free falling through the air but armed to the teeth..

They soon realise they have been transported to another world and are the game for  a group of bigger nastier predators that also like to hunt their smaller kin. So ensues the usual cat and mouse with messy kills.

All in all an enjoyable instantly forgettable romp....if you have a couple of hours to kill you could do a lot worse

6/10

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Ginger
Queen of Purple

View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: July 26, 2010, 10:32:50 AM »

I look forward to watching the director's cut of Toy Story 3 - the one where they put all the jokes back in. I only laughed twice and one of those was at the Return of the Jedi reference.

Really? I've just come back from seeing it and I really enjoyed it. And I definitely laughed more than twice. There was a lot of semi-contrived "Up" style tugging of the heartstrings, but I thought it was pretty good.

Have to agree with this also, lots of the Ken & Barbie stuff was very funny, I thought, and I genuinely LOL'ed many times. I even had my Son asking what I was laughing at at one point, so yes it does the usual Pixar two level comedy line.

I honestly enjoyed seeing it which is something I don't always do when seeing a film because the kids want to, now, whether that means it was a good film or a sign that I've seen a load of tosh lately I'm still unsure of, but I'm leaning towards 'good film'.

“Half a truth is often a great lie.” ~ Benjamin Franklin
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: July 29, 2010, 11:14:53 AM »

Thought the A-Team last night was really good, pleasantly surprised. 

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
smileriraq

View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: July 29, 2010, 01:47:47 PM »

Finally saw Shutter Island

Thought it was pretty decent however it does signpost certain events way in advance so theres no real shock ending. Well acted and made but no wow factor neither.

Watched Kick Ass last night again and it still holds up well , tho the tone does flip flop between realistic violence and comic violence but still very good film.

Click to see full-size image.
sledge13

View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: July 29, 2010, 04:47:00 PM »

One of the all time greats, superb script, not sure about a sequel 23 years later which is been planned.
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: July 29, 2010, 10:09:04 PM »

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo - Quite impressed with this adaptation of the book.  They've simplified the plot significantly (e.g. taking out a few of Blomquist's love interests) but managed to retain the spirit of the book, which is about as much as you can hope for with any book adaptation.  Noomi Rapace is excellent as Lisbeth Salander, which was a relief.  One problem is that it's difficult to understand the backdrop to her guardianship without having read the book, so not sure how easy this will be for anyone watchiing the film 'cold'.
Also, watch the Swedish original version with subtitles, rather than the dubbed English one.

Really looking forward to seeing the other two in the trilogy (cinema releases in August and November this year).  Dreading the prospect of the Hollywood version of this which will be nowhere near as good as this one.

Having a bit of a DVD-fest this week.  Enjoyed 'Up In The Air' but have been left uttlerly perplexed and underwhelmed by 'The Men Who Stare At Goats' (which I was really expecting to enjoy).  For anyone who hasn't seen it yet, don't bother!

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: July 29, 2010, 10:32:27 PM »

Watched Avatar the other day and thought it was excellent.  A bit cheesy perhaps, but it was great entertainment.

Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: July 29, 2010, 11:34:04 PM »

Watched Inception tonight and loved it. Best film i've seen for a while
sledge13

View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: August 01, 2010, 12:18:04 PM »

Book Of Eli - suprisingly good...
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: August 01, 2010, 12:22:23 PM »

Spooky,I was coming onto this thread to say same thing apart from the suprisingly bit,I expect any Denzellll film to be good,7/10.
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: August 01, 2010, 12:24:08 PM »

cool...picked it up on blu ray as part of a deal....havent watched yet but will move it up the list

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 ... 255 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: