blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:46:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272481 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  *** 'THE OFFICIAL MOVIE THREAD' ***
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 ... 255 Go Down Print
Author Topic: *** 'THE OFFICIAL MOVIE THREAD' ***  (Read 617744 times)
sledge13

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: May 10, 2009, 11:25:27 AM »

My Bloody Valentine, great old school 80s slasher...missed it in 3 D  at the cinemas, dammit Renee!
The Sweeney

"I am utterly and abjectly pissed off"

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 10, 2009, 11:51:16 AM »

Two good old 'uns are Angel Heart and Grosse Pointe Blank.  I also wholeheartedly agree some earlier posts, Memento is an excellent film.

"We're the Sweeney, son, and we haven't had any dinner yet, so unless you want a kickin'..."
Scottish Dave

Im in love with Trigg!

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 10, 2009, 01:06:54 PM »

Two good old 'uns are Angel Heart and Grosse Pointe Blank.  I also wholeheartedly agree some earlier posts, Memento is an excellent film.

Grosse Point Blank is one of my Fav films of all time!!!!

The soundtrack to it is Dynamite IMO

Click to see full-size image.

Last Man Standing 2 - Champion!!               The Shrewdie's!!
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 10, 2009, 03:15:00 PM »

My Bloody Valentine, great old school 80s slasher...missed it in 3 D  at the cinemas, dammit Renee!

This is far from great, but enjoyable enough.
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 18, 2009, 10:24:36 AM »

The trailer to the new Terminator film looks immaense, can anyone give me a simple guide as to how/where in the timeline it fits with the other films?

Wiki explanation is just baffling...

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #320 on: May 18, 2009, 10:58:48 AM »

The trailer to the new Terminator film looks immaense, can anyone give me a simple guide as to how/where in the timeline it fits with the other films?

Surely it just follows on from the end of the last one?
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 18, 2009, 11:00:24 AM »

I have seen the 3rd one, but with it being poor (from what I recall) I dont remember any of it

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
sledge13

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 18, 2009, 11:02:31 AM »

Saw Iron Man again, brilliant! so much better than Batman.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #323 on: May 18, 2009, 11:04:36 AM »

I have seen the 3rd one, but with it being poor (from what I recall) I dont remember any of it

The ending was (in small text for spoilers):

John Connor couldn't stop Skynet and was holed up in the mountain as the nuclear war went on, so he will lead the fightback afterwards.
Scottish Dave

Im in love with Trigg!

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 18, 2009, 06:44:42 PM »

Surely it just follows on. In T3 John Connor is about 25 years old, in T4 he is played by Cristian Bale who is about 35 Years old.

Scottish Dave

Im in love with Trigg!

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 18, 2009, 06:56:58 PM »

Whilr in here, watched a few films lately:

Burn after Reading - Possibly the funniest Coen Bro's film (or joint 1st with Lebowski), Brad Pitt is funny in this film, John Malkovich is pure class as usual!

In Bruge - Turn a serious subject into dark comedy, very very up my street, the Irish accent makes this film! The bit with Midget, Hookers and Cocaine is class

Gran Torino - Might be Eastwoods finest work, didn't realise just how funny this film was going to be! His Racism is hilarious through-out (PS im not a racist, just found all the different terms hilarious for the one type of Nation), Best bit in Movie when Eastwood takes the wee boy into the Barber shop! watched that bit about 30 times!!!

Rambo 4 or John Rambo as its known - If you grew up on Rambo and Rocky Films like it did, you'll love this film like i did, yes he is old, yes his voice is slurred, yes the story line is pretty basic(and yes he runs through the jungle at 30MPH at the tender age of 61years old at one point in the film) but at the end of the day, Rambo kicks fekkin ass baby! He is pure Class on that Vehicle Machine Gun.

Linux
lol pwnd

I am dexter in disguise...

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 19, 2009, 01:19:17 PM »

Burn after Reading - Possibly the funniest Coen Bro's film (or joint 1st with Lebowski), Brad Pitt is funny in this film, John Malkovich is pure class as usual!

In Bruge - Turn a serious subject into dark comedy, very very up my street, the Irish accent makes this film! The bit with Midget, Hookers and Cocaine is class

Gran Torino - Might be Eastwoods finest work, didn't realise just how funny this film was going to be! His Racism is hilarious through-out (PS im not a racist, just found all the different terms hilarious for the one type of Nation), Best bit in Movie when Eastwood takes the wee boy into the Barber shop! watched that bit about 30 times!!!

Rambo 4 or John Rambo as its known - If you grew up on Rambo and Rocky Films like it did, you'll love this film like i did, yes he is old, yes his voice is slurred, yes the story line is pretty basic(and yes he runs through the jungle at 30MPH at the tender age of 61years old at one point in the film) but at the end of the day, Rambo kicks fekkin ass baby! He is pure Class on that Vehicle Machine Gun.

Loved all of those except for burn after reading. In Bruge may well have been my fav film of 09.

Any1 got any ideas what i could watch today??

7 seasons, 1 Promotion, 2 relegations, 3 play off exits, 1 play off bubble, 25 points deducted.
we are leeds and we are back.  https://twitter.com/jpmood
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 19, 2009, 11:53:08 PM »

Just saw Angels & Demons at the cinema. Have to say I thought it was great.  Ewan does have a funny accent and it's no work of art, but it's a great action film.

creepy_benji

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 20, 2009, 12:38:09 AM »

Loved all of those except for burn after reading. In Bruge may well have been my fav film of 09.

Any1 got any ideas what i could watch today??

How badly did u wanna hit gay brad pitt in the face?

I had to turn it off half way thru

nosey-p

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: May 20, 2009, 08:32:52 AM »

Cannot wait to see the new Terminator film. Has anybody seen any reviews?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 ... 255 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: