blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:08:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Bluesq.com GUKPT Luton: Day 1a - At A Glance
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bluesq.com GUKPT Luton: Day 1a - At A Glance  (Read 10008 times)
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« on: August 07, 2008, 02:12:11 AM »

This will be the 'At A Glance' no thrills thread. For a more interactive update, and to experience the full force of the Juglecat wit, feel free to check out our 'Interactive' thread by clicking the link below:

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=35855.new#new

Play commences at 2pm, sharp! (ish)
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 02:07:02 PM »

Hi guys - we're back for more GUKPT fun and frolics.

The usual suspects are here and the 'internet kids' - you know who I mean, the pabs, moomins and flushys, of the world have turned up in force to show that they can play a bit of live poker too.

With not just one but two blonde updaters in the form of Dana and Jen laying down their pens and notepads and picking up chips, this GUKPT has all the ingredients for a classic. Especially good luck to Dana who I have a 50% share with, though of course I will behave in a professional dispassionate manner, with no bias whatsoever toward the banjo playing goddess who can feel the hand of destiny on her shoulder.

As Snoopy astutely observed this is the first coupling of cat and dog yet seen, so I'll be looking to learn off the master and also educate him on the superiority of cats over dogs.

It might all go Pete Tong though...

Click to see full-size image.

The cards are just in the air, so myself and the dogmeister are off to catch the early action. Good luck all!

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 02:53:26 PM »

There's some interesting tables out there as you would expect but one with a lot of potential for trouble sees Marc Goodwin, who won the Manchester GUKPT sitting just to the right of online titan Paul "Pab" Foltyn, fresh back from Vegas after making three cashes, who himself is seated just to the right of our very own Miss Mason.

Three aggressive personalities in a row. Watch the fireworks commence!

good luck to all the blondes playing!

And can you make it upto team NAS for the lack of norkage at DTD last week! cheers!!

I have extreme faith in the Beagle.....................please don't let us down Snoops

Snoopy's promised lots of norkage, given Luton's reputation for beautiful ladies Llevan, so don't worry he's on the case.

For now here is a shot of the dashing Paul Foltyn and marvellous Miss Mason for you to feast your eyes over.

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 02:55:12 PM »

Gary Mills is your first exit of the day. No further details.

Dominic Kay is also gone.

Meanwhile, Chris Moorman has doubled up his starting stack with aces against Dick Lynch's kings.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 03:49:30 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 03:35:21 PM »

Ariston just called a preflop raise from the small blind and after checking the flop, he called his opponent's 600 bet.

THe turn was a flush completing two spades which resulted in an avalanche of action as it went check...........check.

On the river Ariston threw out three yellows or 1,500 chips, leading his opponent to fold sharpish.

"You were just stealing off me on the flop then?" inquired a semi outraged Ariston as he swept up the chips, whilst table partner Tikay bemoaned his age-induced myopia.

"I thought I had Aces, turned out I had A-4!" he said squinting at me.

Here he is in his crisp white skypoker shirt listening intently to Ariston's incessant stream of chatter.

-----------

More action than a Die Hard boxset on one table as Olaf Zeeuw's leading bet of 1,200 on an flop is followed by a smooth call from Mateyboy in the neighbouring seat only for Raymond Nicholas to push all in the next seat down. After a good minute in the think tank, Olaf and Mateyboy both folded, showing and respectively. Raymond revealed , much to the relief of his opponents.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 04:03:39 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2008, 04:24:07 PM »

More mischief from Ariston.

I spoke to Brad Shaw, whilst encaged in the zoo-like smoking facilities here in Luton. He was bemoaning his luck, losing a decent pot on an ace high flop when a six fell on the river and his opponent made aces up to his A-Q.

"I knew exactly where I was throughout the hand. I knew the guy was fishing with a rag ace! Rivered again."

As I re-entered the card-room, Tikay told me about a hand Ariston had played beautifully..."So he had A-6..."

...........hmmmm sounds familiar!

Ariston had done a rather ungentlemanly hit and run after mugging Brad for half his stack and is now causing carnage with his blossoming $20,000 on a different table. This wasn't an end to the drama on table Tikay though as suddenly we had an all-in!

Two players, Neil Bethune and an unnamed opponent saw a two spades three clubs flop. On the Two Diamonds turn Neil bet out and was check-raised, only to move all-in!

He was called and he turned over pocket threes for a full house, only for mateyboy to sadly flip over 4-5 for the nut straight. He stared morosely at the board hoping for some outs to appear but none did, meaning he was left short and nearly out, whilst Neil doubled up with a smile.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008, 04:40:53 PM »

Jen grabbed me as I walked past to relate an intesting exit hand from her table.

Paul Hassan Mehmet raised to 600 preflop, only to pick up no less than FIVE calls! Crikey!

The flop came T-6-7 and Paul led for 2,000, receiving a sole caller in Andy Warnes.

The turn was a blank and the chips now went in, Andy calling Paul's shove with A-T, which you might have thought was a bit light, until Paul turned over Q-T for just top pair with a worse kicker!

"He didn't even have a redraw!" exclaimed Jen, perhaps suggesting she would have stacked off herself if she had a gutshot or something.

No Q on the river meaning a Mehmet shaped hole appeared in the table and Paul receives a healthy boost to his stack.

In other news we are a Red Dog down!

Victim of one of the last hands of level two before the break, he called a small raise with pocket sixes, only for the board to come 6-7-8 with two clubs.

"That's what got me in't troooble!" he told me in his classic brogue as when the board paired with an on the turn, and a blank river fell, he found himself all-in with his full house, only to have been cold decked in unfortunate fashion as his opponent flipped pocket sevens for a slightly bigger house.

"Mebbe i coulda sehved meself 1,200 on the river", he lamented sadly, briefly stopping on his way out of the pressroom to admire the size of Snoopy's dongle. "It flashes and everything!!" Snoopy commented enthusiastically.

So should you be interested in looking at pictures of Snoopy flashing his massive dongle, please let me know and I'll post some up.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2008, 04:49:54 PM »

A melting pot of miscellaneous chip counts:

Priyan De Mel -- 9,550
Jen Mason -- 10,050
Paul Foltyn -- 10,200
tikay -- 11,500
Graham Wheldon -- 9,050
byronkincaid -- 7,925
Alex Martin -- 9,550
Phil Cooklin -- 9,350
Pete Linton -- 17,500
Dave Colclough -- 13,100
Kevin O'Leary -- 9,500
geeforce -- 9,500

Maurice McCarthy is OUT. He gambled on a flush draw with , but ran into the diddly pocket queens of Tim Flanders. No improvement.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 04:53:33 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2008, 05:03:17 PM »

Table 1:

Dave Penly
Philip Mildon
Tony Ringe
David Amos
Martin Jarvis
Colin Bord
Ricky Vedhara
Pete Linton
Dan Samson

Table 2:

Olaf Zeeuw
Mohammed Zahour
Raymond Nicholas
Lawrence Windish
Richard Scott
Ali Masterman
Richard Pain
Pippa Flanders
Graham Rogers

Table 3:

Mark Dalimore
Pete Singleton
Paul Crowson
Morits Schmejkal
Phil Cooklin
Paul Bellamy
Justin O'Shaughnessy
Karl Mahrenholz
Matthias Willsch

Table 4:

Tony Chapman
Matthew Waddington
Julian Peschel
Leon Campbell
Aaron Cooke
Hugh Frew
Edna Adams
Gits Francesco
Graham Whedlon

Table 5:

Kevin O'Leary
Richard Gryko
Mohammed Ali
William Davies
Andrew Bradshaw
David Sargeant
David Lloyd
Dave Colclough
Clevedon Buntyn

Table 6:

Glen Altham
K Allen
Jerome O'Shea
Nick Gibson
Nathan Lee
Ken Lam
Priyan De Mel
Adam Stoneham
David Evans

Table 7:

Tony Hardy
David La Ronde
Tom McCready
Daniel Stoate
Jim Reid
Craig Bickerton
Danny Livett
Joe Grech
Ian Woodley

Table 8:

Nick Slade
Trevor Pearson
James Dempsey
Alan Davis
Gary Adjemian
Dave Anderson
Peter Wood
Jeff Duvall

Table 9:

Reyaaz Mulla
Martins Adeniya
Gareth Teatum
Kuljinder Sidhu
Andreas Mihail
David Seear
Robert Boon
Ian Bowden

Table 10:

Paul Leckey
Steve Jelinek
Richard Ashby
Daniel Wicks
Paul Mendes
Gary Wilson
Dara O'Kearney
Michael Greco
Mick McCloskey

Table 11:

Jen Mason
Howard Whittingham
Steve Craig
Ian Farrel
Paul Vicary
Paul Hassan Mehmet
Andy Warnes
Sam Trickett
Marc Goodwin
Paul Foltyn

Table 12:

Michael Vassiliou
Paul Noury
Stephen Basri
Alan Mansbridge
Stephen Kirk
Mark Abraham
Jon Brown
Graham Pound
Barry Carter

Table 13:

David Binstock
Richard Furse
Trevor Reardon
Karim Louis
Scott Chaudhry
Sami Yusef
Des Jonas
Lalit Khajuria
Rob Ellis

Table 14:

Tony Mackay
Jeff Rogers
Dominic Kay
Iwan Jones
Gary Mills
Martyn Cavanagh
Ian Cox
Patrick Kelly

Table 15:

Kevin Bloor
Torstein Iversen
Steve Read
Steve Tucker
Franics Scilio
Mark Friedman
Nik Persaud
Ergun Macit
John McGrane

Table 16:

Simon Galloway
Terry Farmer
Nik Stylianou
Martin Robinson
Mickey Wernick
Daniel Edgington
Andre Wagner
Maurice McCarthy
Tim Flanders

Table 17:

Anthony "On the 'ead son" Cascarino
Alan Stearn
Alan Gray
James McBride
David Gregory
L Windish
Francisco Gargallo
Scott "O RLY?" O'Reilly
Ian "The Raiser" Frazer

Table 18:

Raymond "Hammertime" Hammer
Connor Smyth
Tracey Dell
Christopher Kyracou
Brad Shaw
Tony "NightNurse / Tikay" Kendall
Praz Bansi
Neil Bethune

Table 19:

Terence Owens
Gurinder Purewal
Richard Lynch
Chris Moorman
Richard Prew
K Dionysiou
N Tang
Panicos Ellinas

Table 20:

Jeff "Jaffacake" Kimber
Jeff Sharpe
Andy Andreou
Nicholas Crisp
Mick Fletcher
Martin William
Michael Piper
Alex Martin

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2008, 05:36:19 PM »

Some random chip counts noted on my travels:

Alan Vinson -- 3,500
Andrew Andreou -- 20,000
Simon Galloway -- 13,500
Tony Cascarino -- 5,550
David Amos -- 12,300
Ian Cox -- 13,250
Joe Grech -- 6,975
Richard Gryko -- 9,250
Russell Cawley -- 19,775
Karl Mahrenholz -- 12,250
Dave Clark -- out
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 05:39:01 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2008, 05:49:51 PM »

Pete Linton was fuming a few moments ago.

Greekfish was the man who caused his consternation by cracking his Aces. Pete had re-raised him preflop and Greekfish called.

The flop fell 7-5-2 and Pete made a small lead only for Greekfish to push all-in. Insta-call from Pete and Greekfish flipped over pocket eights, in big trouble.

A 6 on the turn followed by a cruel 9 on the river however gave Andy a winning straight, meaning the 30k ish pot was shipped away from the young gun, which he was NOT happy about!

News has filtered through to the pressroom that Pete hasn't recoverered from this set back and is now OUT!

Quick norkage shot. Here is Mr Burns having his back massaged by one of the pretty massage girls. Excellent...

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2008, 06:04:46 PM »

Pete Linton wears a face like thunder after tangling, unsuccessfully so, with Andrew Andreou (aka Greekfish). I only caught the end, but I think the board and facial expressions told the story. With a lying on the felt, Greekfish's pockets eights had just cracked Linton's bullets in dramatic, testicle crunching style. "He's been raising 80% of the hands," claimed Greekfish in his defence, later adding, "This is the first time I've ever got lucky in my entire life." Linton now short, not in stature, obviously.

-----------

It's not going to be a good win for Goodwin this time around, as he's just been eliminated by Nik Persaud. "I meant to limp for 150, but threw in 1,050 by mistake. I only had two thousand left, so it was going in whatever."

And go in it did, Nik reraising with pocket fives and finding himself in dominant shape against Marc's -3s.

Nik would have to survive a frightful flop though, the board coming -7s-x-9-T before eventually giving the Lodononer the pot.
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2008, 06:21:43 PM »

Jen has expired.

Not in the sense of having major organ failure, but she has had a major stack failure unfortunately. Nothing went right for her today, losing a lot of stack when she felt she had to pass Kings on a semi dangerous board versus what she felt was a set and finally getting her last chips in with K-Q, only to run into both Aces AND Kings.

No miracle and Jen Mason with her newly acquired bloodshot red eye (Accident with door) have departed the tournament.

"I'm going to play the £100 freezeout and make my money back!" she stated confidently before falling into a temporary malaise. "I'm such a donk" she wailed, but we all know the popular Miss Mason will be back on track before long.

------------

Alan Mansbridge
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 07:12:58 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2008, 06:46:44 PM »

Faces like thunder abound at the moment with outdraws all over the place, causing the poker room to almost erupt into rioting.

Ian Frazer is the latest to feel the wrath of the poker gods, his AK no good versus J-J on a Q-Q-T-K-A board, which has left him with sub 10k...not quite life support territory but not too impressive.

Here he is, his dour, glum expression starkly contrasting with his impressively flowery shirt.

Flushy proudly announced he bluffed Moomin off a hand recently, He called Chris' raise to 600 from teh big blind with 7-8.

The flop fell A - 9 - T and Flushy check called Chris' 800 bet.

The turn was a ten and the action went check, check.

On the river a 4 fell and Flushy (who felt Moorman probably had Queens or Kings) now bet out 1,200 into the 2,900 ish pot to make it look like a milking bet and Moorman passed.

It transpired though that Chris thought Flushy had bet the full pot which is why he passed otherwise he would have called. It's tough trying to keep up with all these live hands sometimes huh?

"In my eye" announced Chris, accepting Flushy had donk-owned him in this hand, even if it was by accident!

-----------

Graham Whedlon has doubled up to an amount that I can't count because he's currently stacking chips after stumbling upon pocket rockets. Reraising his opponent's 2,500 bet all in for an extra 6,000 on a two hearts flop, Graham seemed pretty comfortable, and especially so when he was called by pocket queens. A turn and river made no difference, and Graham was left to rake in the chips.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 06:52:28 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2008, 08:19:07 PM »

Russell Cawley (Ariston) has been launched onto the rail after failing to out-flip Richard Pain. All in with against , the flop was a welcome one, but the turn about as accommodating as Faulty Towers, and Ariston was gone.

-----------

Could you please pass on my best wishes to Cupcake and ask him how he got on with the Chateauneuf-du-pape.

I'm serious  Grin

I think blonde is going to have to supply a bok smilie in the near future (perhaps we can call it Karabiner), as John McGrane has just been eliminated from today's event at the hands of Steve Tucker. Coming over the top with , cupcake was looked up by , the latter holding up on a board.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 08:31:02 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: