blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:06:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Panorama rubbish
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Panorama rubbish  (Read 4272 times)
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2008, 10:04:29 AM »

From this day on, every mistake I make, regardless of what type of mistake, is because of the credit crunch.

I made a bad fold the other day - I'm sure that was due to the credit crunch.  Either that, or it was boldie's fault.

you mean you folded like you ussually do?

Yesss

I folded once. Someone said it was because I was fat and lazy as I couldn't be bothered to pick up the chips but I knew in my heart of hearts it was the credit crunch

An ex girlfriend of mine dumped me because she said I was immature and not commitment material.

I was bitter at the time, but I know now it was really because of the credit crunch.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2008, 10:16:35 AM »

The problem with the credit crunch is that those people who were greedy and spent beyond their means now expect everyone to suffer to ease their pain.

'Ooooh, please prop up the housing market so I might be able to make a small profit on my 2-bedroom flat that I bought for £400,000'

No, sod off. You paid £400,000 for a poky little flat - did you ever stop to think what you were doing?

The little row of 'shops' at the road junction by Putney rail station has fourteen estate agents. Fourteen, all together. If that isn't a massive indicator of what went wrong then I don't know what is.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2008, 10:17:06 AM »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7599711.stm

They are blaming the credit crunch AND the smoking ban.  But not boldie.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2008, 10:30:40 AM »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7599711.stm

They are blaming the credit crunch AND the smoking ban.  But not boldie.

Strange cus this is actually my fault. Never go into a wetherspoons..they are evil..I hate those impersonal shitty chain "pubs".

though a burger and a pint for 3.50 is cheap.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2008, 11:30:45 AM »

They only made £55 million, next thing Wetherspoons will anounce its in trouble due to its lack of profit. Then the government will buy it and we will have our first public sector pubs.

The best one i saw was in the Sun a couple of months back. The headline was house repossessed/credit crunch. The story then went on about a couple who had now moved into a friends pigeon shed, there children were living with relatives. They had lost their house due to the credit crunch. Interesting points in the story were, that the husband was on disablity for some breathing disorder from his unhealthy obssession with pigeons, he received £400 a month. The wife had just had her hours cut so she could work closer to home, this sent her income from £200 a week to £400 a month. They bought there house for £27,000. They decided to have 6 children. They took out a loan to pay the mortgage, it was £5,000 but due to missed payments they now owed £25,000.

Why would the Sun use the word credit crunch in these story. Surely a more appropriate headline would have been....

PIGEON F&*CKER AND LAZY COW POP OUT KIDS TILL THEY GO BROKE, THEN TAKE OUT LOANS TO COVER THERE £150 MONTHLY MORTGAGE PAYMENT

But oh no, they werent shown as stupid, they were just an example of what the credit crunch does to people like us.

Please dont get me started on the Stamp Duty holiday................................................

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2008, 11:40:55 AM »

PIGEON F&*CKER AND LAZY COW POP OUT KIDS TILL THEY GO BROKE

Thanks - reading this just made me splutter strawberry and banana smoothie all over my desk.
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2008, 11:43:50 AM »

PIGEON F&*CKER AND LAZY COW POP OUT KIDS TILL THEY GO BROKE

Thanks - reading this just made me splutter strawberry and banana smoothie all over my desk.

That wasnt my fault it was the ................

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2008, 11:45:40 AM »

...was in the Sun a couple of months back.

That was your problem, right there.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2008, 11:47:10 AM »

+1 Smiley
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2008, 12:01:51 PM »

+1 Smiley

Very good point Dan, but you should see how angry I get when i read the more serious newspapers! 

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2008, 12:02:43 PM »

+1 Smiley

Very good point Dan, but you should see how angry I get when i read the more serious newspapers! 

Not half as angry as the s*n makes me.

Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2008, 12:32:49 PM »

They only made £55 million, next thing Wetherspoons will anounce its in trouble due to its lack of profit. Then the government will buy it and we will have our first public sector pubs.

The best one i saw was in the Sun a couple of months back. The headline was house repossessed/credit crunch. The story then went on about a couple who had now moved into a friends pigeon shed, there children were living with relatives. They had lost their house due to the credit crunch. Interesting points in the story were, that the husband was on disablity for some breathing disorder from his unhealthy obssession with pigeons, he received £400 a month. The wife had just had her hours cut so she could work closer to home, this sent her income from £200 a week to £400 a month. They bought there house for £27,000. They decided to have 6 children. They took out a loan to pay the mortgage, it was £5,000 but due to missed payments they now owed £25,000.

Why would the Sun use the word credit crunch in these story. Surely a more appropriate headline would have been....

PIGEON F&*CKER AND LAZY COW POP OUT KIDS TILL THEY GO BROKE, THEN TAKE OUT LOANS TO COVER THERE £150 MONTHLY MORTGAGE PAYMENT

But oh no, they werent shown as stupid, they were just an example of what the credit crunch does to people like us.

Please dont get me started on the Stamp Duty holiday................................................

I love this post.............

Geo

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
ItsMrAlex2u

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2008, 01:08:50 PM »

Yes you're right the credit crunch is a figment of the medias imagination.  Northern Rock would have run out of money anyway and all the big banks are using the opportunity to slash their profits and share prices and are drastically reducing the amount they lend because at heart they are b4astards.

ps agree that the panorama prog was shit

Oh please !
The media clearly dont help in with things like this and yes Panorama is utter rubbish but the credit crunch is very real in terms of what that teram actually means.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtml?xml=/money/2007/07/22/cccredit222.xml

This link provides a good explanation of what is actually meant by the credit crunch and it has f all to do with a bored editor creating a headline.

Best QM ever

FACT !
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2008, 01:12:40 PM »

Felt a bit woozy this morning so I thought a bar of chocolate from the sandwich lady who goes around the offices might help settle my stomach. I didn't have enough money on me to pay for it, so she said I could give her the money on Monday instead.

Ate the chocolate, but now I feel even worse.

I blame the credit crunchie.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2008, 01:13:55 PM »

Felt a bit woozy this morning so I thought a bar of chocolate from the sandwich lady who goes around the offices might help settle my stomach. I didn't have enough money on me to pay for it, so she said I could give her the money on Monday instead.

Ate the chocolate, but now I feel even worse.

I blame the credit crunchie.

Just a warning this time.  But next time it'll be a ban.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: