blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:56:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Learning Centre (Moderators: Longy, JungleCat03)
| | | |-+  PLO HILO heads up tourneys
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PLO HILO heads up tourneys  (Read 2550 times)
Potripper

View Profile
« on: September 05, 2008, 02:46:29 PM »

Playing more of this these days but have moved off cash into heads up tourneys. Am a real HiLo noob, have a basic gist of strategy, aware of starting hand importance.
I love the game but is hard to master. Seems to be a lot of crazies firing off with nut hi or not lo only, working out which or both proving tricky.
Was wondering how starting hand selection should be adjusted in heads up. Is opponent type important? Does big hi starting hand override need for good low when calling big pf bets? How important is position?

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 02:49:59 PM »

Position is of couse very important...in PL especially.

Good high is more important than a low as you only need to beat one oppo and fairly regularly there will be no low..you need to have the high sown up.

And yeah the player you play is as important as he is in HE..it's HU..there is noone else in there.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Potripper

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 02:52:52 PM »

Good high is more important than a low as you only need to beat one oppo and fairly regularly there will be no low..you need to have the high sown up.

And yeah the player you play is as important as he is in HE..it's HU..there is noone else in there.

Thanks boldie.

Some opponents seem to be of the 'I am raising preflop and I am going to the river at great expense with or without you' variety, especially when the blinds deepen up, and I hate to get there and find he has two guns and I have one.
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 02:54:27 PM »

[ ] potripper plays a lot of  hi/lo PLO HU tourneys
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 02:54:48 PM »

Thanks boldie.

Some opponents seem to be of the 'I am raising preflop and I am going to the river at great expense with or without you' variety, especially when the blinds deepen up, and I hate to get there and find he has two guns and I have one.

that's also because most people play PLO like they would HE Smiley

The above are just my opinions obviously..Floppy and the likes (better Omaha players than myself) might not agree with me.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 02:55:29 PM »

Thanks boldie.

level
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: