blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:47:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  DTD Monthly £300 Freezeout - Final Day
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD Monthly £300 Freezeout - Final Day  (Read 32228 times)
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2008, 03:57:36 PM »

Pyramidal power gives Cairns Confidence.

As you can see, sort of, Tom Cairns' card protector is some kind of crystal pyramid, guarding his stack which has actually stayed pretty level today.  Qualifying online, and having an eye for added value which can't be beat (he once sniffed out a satellite with a guaranteed seat in which he made up 25% of the field  Shocked   ) he seemed keen to have his picture taken before he lost all his chips.  Or so he said last night - it looks like his chips aren't going anywhere too fast.

"Did you manage to get that picture just as I made a face?"
"Yes.  Thanks!"

Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2008, 04:02:31 PM »

Same Clothes rating: 10/10

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2008, 04:03:56 PM »

Hey Jen can you get a pic of my buddy Nick Carter and pass on my good luck from Danny Boy is Australia!

Cheers

Nick's going along well with 50k or so to his name at the moment.

Here he is with his meaty stack...

« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 04:09:52 PM by JungleCat03 » Logged

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2008, 04:14:50 PM »

Short stacks bust on all sides - first off John Maddison moved in pre with his c.12k, as one does when finding .  He stood up sharpish when Ian King in the blind instacalled, and he was right - he was in bad shape against .  No Ace or weird straight or club fourflush (I think that's it for his get-outs) and he was on the rail.

Then even shorter stacked Liaquat Javed moved in on the button, and it must have been a big blind autocall for Lee Nayler as he flipped to Javed's two spades.
Flop:  Two Diamonds
Turn:
River:

Down to 25...

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2008, 04:17:12 PM »

It may yet be somewhat premature to get all excited by possible financial rewards, but here's the payout anyway - still less than half the remaining field are going to get any return on their weekend's investaments...

1   -   £11,130
2   -   £6,678
3   -   £4,452
4   -   £2,862
5   -   £2,067
6   -   £1,590
7   -   £1,113
8   -   £795
9   -   £636
10   -   £477

Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2008, 04:17:33 PM »

Hey Jen can you get a pic of my buddy Nick Carter and pass on my good luck from Danny Boy is Australia!

Cheers

Nick's going along well with 50k or so to his name at the moment.

Here he is with his meaty stack...

LoL any pun intended?

Thanks for this!

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2008, 04:35:20 PM »

Justin Davies just survived an all-in confrontation, though he was well equipped to do so.

Raising from UTG, he found Marcisso Baldo re-raising him and the chips then flew in. Baldo might have hoped he was in reasonable shape with his A-K, but if so, he was in for a rude awakening as Davies showed down Aces and he was in no mood to wish his opponent luck.

"Let's see you outdraw this!" he snarled venemously as the more controlled Baldo just watched the flop carefully.

A flop of Q-8-4-J threatened an upset but an Ace on the river, whilst improving both players' hands, changed nothing, allowing Davies to triumphantly, if a little ungallantly, sweep up the chips, preforming a little jig of joy (yes really!)  as he did so.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 04:37:08 PM by JungleCat03 » Logged

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2008, 04:39:32 PM »

While the last flurry of short stack shoves ended in a shortening of the field, in the last minutes before the current *********BREAK********* players have been getting their bets through, whether pre or post flop. 

Matt Russell, for example - I saw him shove pre twice, uncalled.  He says he hasn't been doing that every hand, though, just those times.  Although he admitted his hands may not have been premium.  Word from his table is that Te Ng is making life very difficult for everyone else.  "He's using his stack really well.  Pressure on all the time - plus 4k to go preflop every single hand."  Nevertheless, a grinning Matt isn't downhearted, and, jovially calling Te Ng Cao a rude name, headed off for the break.

Alan Stokes' stack has fallen from its earlier heights to the point where he is shoving on a flop with absolute air... it got through two opponents, but he's still struggling a little...

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2008, 04:58:50 PM »

Here are the current chip standings at the first break, thanks to DTD.

22 players are still in the hunt at the 1k - 2k - 200 level.

Ian King   14   1   115700
Te Ng Cao   11   6   90600
Dean Ellis   12   1   83400
Paul Pitchford   12   6   69900
Philip Clarke   14   7   68000
James Moult   14   4   56500
David Smith   12   2   54500
Mark Roberts   11   8   52500
Nick Carter   12   9   51600
Paul Garnham   12   5   50800
George Kennedy   12   4   42700
Hiren Kanabar   11   2   42200
Justin Davies   14   2   38800
Tom Cairns   11   4   33500
Demetrios Nikolaidis   11   7   23600
Jason Wong   12   3   23400
Peter Conduit   11   1   22100
Ashley Smith   14   8   21800
Alan Stokes   14   3   21600
Matt Russell   11   9   20400
Junood Miah   14   9   18500
Narciso Baldo   14   6   16200
Kevin Pearce   12   8   14700
Lee Nayler   11   5   11300
Scott Genever   12   7   10700

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2008, 05:01:36 PM »

Can you tell Matt to pull his finger out (and wish him good luck at the same time)?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2008, 05:04:26 PM »

Justin Davies just survived an all-in confrontation, though he was well equipped to do so.

Raising from UTG, he found Marcisso Baldo re-raising him and the chips then flew in. Baldo might have hoped he was in reasonable shape with his A-K, but if so, he was in for a rude awakening as Davies showed down Aces and he was in no mood to wish his opponent luck.

"Let's see you outdraw this!" he snarled venemously as the more controlled Baldo just watched the flop carefully.

A flop of Q-8-4-J threatened an upset but an Ace on the river, whilst improving both players' hands, changed nothing, allowing Davies to triumphantly, if a little ungallantly, sweep up the chips, preforming a little jig of joy (yes really!)  as he did so.

That guy is seriously annoying and I was almost, almost that is, pleased to get eliminated as he was sat to my immediate left.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2008, 05:11:02 PM »

Quaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaads!

Here's Jason Wong, with his much happier 48k stack after four fours for the win...  A couple of limpers limped, including then CL Teng Cao, and Wong squeezed with his whole stack holding .  Cao called, as you do with ... but quad Fours popped out to drop Cao to 78k and put Wong right back in the game...

This was immediately followed by another 10k hit to Cao, sustained when he raised to 10k in the small blind, only to find big blind Demetrios Nikolaidis moving in for 28,600 total - just too much for him to find a call.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2008, 05:15:25 PM »

Justin is Served...

Not dancing after a small but clearly irritating outdraw knocked 9,800 off his stack.  He called the preflop autoshove of Narciso Baldo (below) who flipped to Justin Davies' .  "Eight nine?" he commented with just a trace of scorn, before requesting, "Put a King down there, please."
Flop: 
Turn:
River:

Double through for the shrugging Baldo.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2008, 05:21:00 PM »

A certain caginess appears to be pervading the arena now as the final table draws closer. Raises are fewer and further between, with players tending to show down big hands when their raises are almost always not called.

A sense of quiet hangs over the tables with conversation and chatter a rarity, consisting of just a few terse exchanges when the quiet is broken momentarily. The tension is growing as the stakes rise...

The ultimate victor may be the player who adjusts to these conditions bests and grasps the nettle with most authority...

vinni

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2008, 05:24:59 PM »

wish kev pearce good luck plz from me .

i`v become cos`s bitch
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: