blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:01:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  DTD Monthly £300 Freezeout - Final Day
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD Monthly £300 Freezeout - Final Day  (Read 32423 times)
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2008, 06:56:50 PM »

Ashley Smith has bitten the big one, taking on Justin Davies in a preflop battle with A-Q, only to run headfirst into Davies' dominating A-K.

A flop of 7-2-K-7-K gave Davies a decisive full house to send Smith to the rail. No jig of joy this time, just a quiet "unlucky mate" as he swept up the chips and aggregated them with his stack.

Here is Ashley shooting off after falling so close to the final hurdle.

Whilst Davies appears to have calmed down a little since earlier and is patiently stacking the chips his big slick gifted him...

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2008, 06:58:12 PM »

*********************BREAK**********************

A few chips drift to Paul Pitchford as he limps pre, then moves in when big blind George Kennedy raises to 13k.  Kennedy seriously looks tempted, but decides against it.

It also looks like Junood Miah has really taken the brakes off, as I saw him raise preflop, with no contest, at least three times out of the last nine hands.  A big stack, and with the blinds at 1.5k/3k, getting bigger.

turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2008, 07:02:53 PM »

could you wish paul "m3boy" garnham the best of luck please.

am i allowed to say his name? or is he the new mick mcbag? he who cannot be named? if thats the case please ignore lol im all confused!

good luck paul

The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2008, 07:03:57 PM »

am i allowed to say his name? or is he the new mick mcbag? he who cannot be named? if thats the case please ignore lol im all confused!

good luck paul
WB

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2008, 07:17:11 PM »

Straight away after the players reconvene, a big pot between Ian King and Philip Clarke ended up with one of them stacked up, and one on the felt... it was a flop of two spades which did it all - after (I think) King had called a preflop re-raise from Clarke, it took just two bets and a call to get both big stacks in the middle.
Clarke: 
King: 

The flopped set stayed good, and he's up over 160k while Clarke is in the unenviable position of having to move in pre now, having had chips all day.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2008, 07:27:34 PM »

Double Up for Matt Russell...

Railer Fran caught the whole thing, while I just saw the aftermath - Matt stacking a healthy stack for what I think is the first time today...  He'd moved in with , called by the of Philip Clarke.  I am sure he thought it was wrapped up fairly tight then, and surely snugger than a spidersilk cocoon on the flop.
Turn:
River:

"Good, aren't I?" says Matt.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2008, 07:28:53 PM »

Hiren Kanabar just pushed his meagre stack into the middle, getting a call from both the small blind and the big blind, Dean Ellis and the chipped-up and accomplished Teng Kao...

A board was checked down to the river, Ellis finally checking only for Kao to bet out 6k.

"I call...King flush..." he announced to Tao's surprise, who also flipped over a flush albeit the smaller two hearts , and was no doubt highly convinced that he was in the lead...

All this amusment and commotion somewhat overshadowed the fact that Kanabar's A-8 was now no good, meaning he joins the rail, his hand coming in last in the 3 man race.

Here is Teng explaining the sick heart river card to Fran Creed on the rail whilst a mean looking Ellis pretends not to be looking at the camera as he sweeps in the pot.

13 players now remain and the final is drawing ever closer...

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2008, 07:29:21 PM »

Double Up for Matt Russell...

Railer Fran caught the whole thing, while I just saw the aftermath - Matt stacking a healthy stack for what I think is the first time today...  He'd moved in with , called by the of Philip Clarke.  I am sure he thought it was wrapped up fairly tight then, and surely snugger than a spidersilk cocoon on the flop.
Turn:
River:

"Good, aren't I?" says Matt.

lol skillz

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2008, 07:34:30 PM »

Dean Ellis (as posted just previously by JC looking sultry) just busted Kevin Pearce in 13th spot - so close to the money - with a pretty nasty one.  Ellis had raised pre to 11,500, and when small blind Pearce moved in for just 20k total, he wasn't really ever going anywhere - even though it turned out that his was in pretty poor shape against Pearce's .
Flop: 
Turn:
River: two spades

Kevin took it very well, "Good lucking" his opponents, some of whom are necessarily going to make the money he so nearly nosed into.  Hard luck, sir.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2008, 07:41:01 PM »

good luck paul

You can wish anyone luck you like, including McBag, that dude that was dancing in victory earlier who seems to have annoyed half the forum, or someone who isn't playing in the comp...

But here's Paul, looking pretty focused as he maintains a stack that's never reached stratospheric heights, but doesn't really look like it's going anywhere pre-bubble.  64k currently.

The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2008, 07:46:26 PM »

good luck paul
WB

Not too sure if my WB has been recieved in the wrong context here as have recieved a question pm regarding it. I ment WB to ITB swry if miss understood.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2008, 07:49:21 PM »

CHIP COUNTS

Table M3

12   1   Dean Ellis -- 172k
12   2   Ian King -- 160k
12   3   Te Ng Cao -- 95k
12   6   Paul Pitchford -- 58k
12   7   Paul Garnham -- 50k
12   9   Nick Carter -- 116k

14   2   Justin Davies -- 54k
14   4   James Moult -- 43k
14   5   Matt Russell -- 89k
14   6   Jason Wong -- 45k
14   7   Philip Clarke -- 40k
14   9   Junood Miah -- 110k

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2008, 07:53:17 PM »

Paul's not having that easy a Bubbletime - short handed his table has a good deal more chips on it than the other one, and the leaders aren't as shy as some when it comes to putting the shorter stacks to the test.  The pesky Teng Cao just announced all in from the big blind after Paul made it 12k to go preflop.  He considered it for a good while, before letting it go and keeping a sure 50k rather than risking it all just before the money.  To be fair, we have no idea what he was raising with, but he looked like he was really considering it...

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: September 07, 2008, 08:13:48 PM »

12 we had 30 minutes ago and 12 remain still, with the shortstacks unwilling to put their tournaments on the line just before the money spots...

THEN M3boy springs into action like a little cougar pouncing on a rabbit.

Folded to him on the button he pushes his entire 50k stack over the line and...the blinds fold, keeping Paul alive for now...

Every decision is crucial in the player's minds now. With 3k 6k 600 blinds there is 12,600 in the pot every hand so a standard raise and call now means it's hard to bet anything less than your stack on the flop for most of the players.

Putting one foot wrong can mean two days' hard work is undone at a single stroke, so every decision is being deliberated and thought over carefully by many of the players.

It's tense folks...

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 07, 2008, 08:16:50 PM »

Jim Moult busts Justin Davies in 12th place...

Davies moved in preflop with - fair enough, not that many chips kicking about that end of the table, but next to act Jim Moult, before looking at his cards, said, "I have a feeling I've got something," before picking up ... yep, that was something all right.  "You and your feelings," commented neighbour Matt Russell.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: