blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:11:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  DTD Monthly £300 Freezeout - Final Day
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD Monthly £300 Freezeout - Final Day  (Read 32446 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: September 07, 2008, 10:33:44 PM »

Gooo the blondes!!!!!!

Great updates BTW, but tell the cat to stop inventing words. I counted at least 10 in yesterday's effort.

The older I get, the better I was.
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 07, 2008, 10:35:49 PM »

Paul vs. Paul ------ Paul WINS

Paul Garnham, now the short stack after the elimination of Matt, found a spot to push preflop with ... unfortunately he ran straight into the of Paul Pitchford.
Flop:
Turn:
River:

Garnham looks astounded as he doubles through to c.100k, looks at the bottom of his shoe for no apparent reason, and settles back into the game.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: September 07, 2008, 10:37:50 PM »

Well played Matt.  NH GG WP etc.

thumbs up

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 07, 2008, 10:38:50 PM »

Nick Carter chips at Ian King's stack - moving in for around 170k on the button after cutoff King made it 35k to go, he was eventually rewarded with a flopless pot, and showed the table (and King, more to the point) .  The very next hand he raised to 25k which was enough to pick up the 5k/10k blinds - in spite of the fact that most of the chips reside with King and Pitchford, don't write off Carter just yet...

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: September 07, 2008, 10:54:24 PM »

Approximate chip counts at this point.

Jim Moult - 270k (you'll see why in a moment!)
Paul Pitchford - 240k
Ian King - 240k
Nick Carter - 220k
Paul Garnham - 160k

So Jim appears to be the chip leader at this stage...and this is how.

Holding A-T in the big blind, he decided to move over the top of a button raise from Ian King with A-T.

A reasonable move given the large blind sizes, but unfortunately for him King had A-K and made the call dominating Jim's hand.

It was looking bleak for Jim and his three outs, but the dealer was feeling benevolent to him and laid out a Mout-ilicious (it's a real word Red Dog, honest!) flop of .

It was King drawing thin now, ironically needing a King, abut the on the turn and trip-making on the river were of no use, meaning Jim somewhat fortuitously doubles through to what appears to be the chip lead!

"I said may the luckiest donk win!" said Nick Carter with a broad grin across his face and a slightly sheepish looking Jim could barely conceal his own smile as he raked in the pot...

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: September 07, 2008, 10:56:13 PM »

Nice one Jim!!!

Bookiebasher FTW.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 07, 2008, 10:58:41 PM »

[X]  Jim runs good

[X]  I'm pleased about that

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 07, 2008, 10:59:44 PM »

HUGE HAND ALERT

What alerted me personally to the advent of this monster pot was a noise equivalent to someone setting off one of those domino runs which cover the inside of sports centres - it was the sound of Nick Carter re-raising all in preflop for around 220k over Jim Moult.  Perhaps it was shakey hands, or just a pleasingly chaotic accident, but when he was called by Jim (who only just covered him) he revealed the .  Jim's was in big trouble, and although one King appeared on the flop, there was no more help and Jim was felted...

Meanwhile a mountain of green 1k chips had turned into a lake, and it required three staff members to sort out exactly how much Jim needed to hand Nick over.  Simon Trumper was announcing the hand, and its consequences, saying, "Nick Carter has doubled up.  Unfortunately it's going to take three hours to find out how much for."

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: September 07, 2008, 10:59:51 PM »

After that HUUUUUUUGGGGGE hand, Jim was left with shrapnel of around 25k and piled it into the middle with , picking up a call from M3boy and Nick Carter.

The two active players checked down a flop of three clubs Two Clubs to the river, Nick announcing "ONE PAIR!" and showing 3-4 which was good for the pot which meant...

Jim Moult is OUT, eliminated in 5th spot, winning £2,067 for his performance. GG Bookiebasher!

Here he is in happier times.

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: September 07, 2008, 11:00:40 PM »

[X]  Jim runs good

Instabok.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 07, 2008, 11:06:58 PM »

[X]  Jim runs good

Instabok.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 07, 2008, 11:08:19 PM »

Nice one Jim!!!

Bookiebasher FTW.

Primo instabok 

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: September 07, 2008, 11:09:46 PM »

And just as we were dotting 'i's, crossing ts and wrapping up Jim's exit, we returned to the table to find Paul Pitchford's stack apparently absent.

I'm never happy to miss an elimination. In fact, this was my face on hearing his exit had slipped under the radar.

Click to see full-size image.

Nonetheless he is OUT, Paul Pitchford, eliminated in 4th spot for £2,862

This leaves Paul Garnham, Ian King and Nick Carter three handed to contend the title...

ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 07, 2008, 11:11:50 PM »

gogogoogo Nick Carter (local leeds guy).

If not M3boy, wii.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 07, 2008, 11:14:19 PM »

So this is what your final table looks like now - three handed, with King with the biggest stack, Carter second, and Garnham short but still able to pick his shoving spots.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 11:17:52 PM by Djinn » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: