blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:33:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272483 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Pokerstars.com Barcelona EPT - Day 3 - At A Glance
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars.com Barcelona EPT - Day 3 - At A Glance  (Read 12842 times)
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2008, 12:44:48 AM »

Action!  Davidi Kitai takes the plunge, moving in preflop and finding Jason Mercier moving in over the top.  There are two of the sorts of hands you might expect:
Davidi:
Jason: 

Flop:    And that pretty much seals it - you can see the relief on Kitai's face as the turn and river fall Two Diamonds to double him up.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2008, 01:26:49 AM »

After a break, they're back and playing sans flops, for the most part. 

Chip standings:

Martin Nielsen -- 704,000
Davidi Kitai -- 775,000
Dren Ukalla -- 928,000
Mikael Lundell -- 689,000
Jason Mercier -- 897,000
Samuel Chartier -- 538,000
Daniele Mazzia -- 699,000
Fintan Gavin -- 391,000
Sebastian Ruthenberg -- 706,000

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2008, 02:08:33 AM »

The poker continues somewhat cagily although there is a sudden burst of activity as Lundell and Chartier go to war preflop.

Ther's an inevitablity about this situation as both players are likely to showdown hands, and indeed that proves to be the case as Lundell showsdown pocket Queens but he has run into a bit of a cooler as Chartier shows Kings.

No surprises on the flop mean the aggressive Swede's stack is decimated and Chartier doubles through to over a million chips...Lundell is now the shortstack.

Will he be the player to fall first?

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2008, 02:16:28 AM »

Gavin is now starting to move and shake, the big Irishman first calling a raise from Mazzia before shoving a flop. "I'm tired" he says before walking around, possibly trying to elicit a call.

Mazzia tanks....but folds, leaving the smiling Irishman to sweep up the 500k pot.

He continues the aggression, shoving on the button. No resistance again though and the Irishman sweeps up the pot, his stack growing nicely at this point...

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2008, 02:31:10 AM »

Sick big pot plays out!

Ruthemberg gets his stack in preflop, and Jason Mercier shakes his head...but feels he can't fold....so calls!

Jason shows and Ruthenberg...pocket !

1,000,000 chip coinflip...

The flop comes !

For the second time Mercier flops TPTK against a set of nines.

He knows he is in deep trouble and begins counting out chips to give to Ruthenberg and when the turn comes th and the river the , he hands them over. Bad luck for Mercier but great news for the German who now has over a million, whilst Mercier is now down to just over 500k.

It was revealed that Nielsen, who originally raised in that hand before passing to all the action laid down Jacks which would have won the pot with a set on the turn!

He may well come to regret that pass...
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 02:33:20 AM by Djinn » Logged

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2008, 02:44:17 AM »

And we have an all-in!

Davidi Kitai shoves all-in from the button and Mikael Lundell, the shortstacked swede....calls!

Davidi shows Q-7 whilst Lundell shows a brave call with A-4!

Great call from Lundell, and if he can get his hand to hold up, he'll double through.

The flop comes two hearts!

THe belgium gets lucky to spike a queen!

The turn is the and the river....The !

The unlucky Swede's bravery is not rewarded and Davidi doubles through, leaving Lundell with just a handful of chips.

Those chips are put in the next hand and his hand is isolated by Sebastian Ruthenberg.

Lundell can only show T-9 but he is in better shape than you'd think, coinflipping versus Ruthenberg's pocket eights.

Needing a T or 9 , a flop of Two Clubs brings none of these, meaning finally, after a long gruelling session for the players, we are down to our final eight as Mikael Lundell is OUT, eliminated in 9th spot, winning €74,400.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2008, 02:51:58 AM »

So, an amazing day of poker was ended at last with that cruel beat, but that is the game we all know and love. We hope you've enjoyed our coverage of what has been a fiery day's poker.

Here are the final eight who will return tomorrow to battle it out for the title. There's no question that all these players have some great poker in them so we anticipate another fantastic EPT final table. 

Martin Nielsen
Davidi Kitai
Dren Ukalla
Jason Mercier
Samuel Chartier
Daniele Mazzia
Fintan Gavin
Sebastian Ruthenberg

We beleive the start time wil be 4pm, so we hope you can join us then as we play down to the champion. Chip counts will follow when they are received but for now...

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2008, 03:16:38 AM »

That fork may have been slightly premature... the chip counts have arrived, and here they are in what we reckon is seat order:

Martin Nielsen   Denmark   1229000
Sebastian Ruthenberg   PS Player   Germany   1204000
Samuel Chartier   Qualifier   Canada   879000
Dren Ukella   Germany   734000
Davidi Kitai   Belgium   600000
Jason Mercier   PS Player   USA   526000
Gavin Fintan   Qualifier   Ireland   701000
Daniele Mazzia   Italy   359000

That's all, folks.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: