blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 07:22:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272772 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  A diary about poker and other stuff, but mostly poker
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 ... 50 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A diary about poker and other stuff, but mostly poker  (Read 156432 times)
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #585 on: February 20, 2010, 12:44:37 AM »

Played a scramble at a works do a few years back.  Short par 3, 3 of us hit the green, Finance director in the bunker, and 3 of us knew walking to the green that we would be playing the bunker.  You had to take 4 tee shots per person, this was the 8th hole and it was the first time his ball was in play (barring the 4th hole when his ball was still sat on the tee peg..)

With a long back 9, it seemed the right play - they guy didn't take it too well though.

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #586 on: February 20, 2010, 01:02:25 AM »

Played a scramble at a works do a few years back.  Short par 3, 3 of us hit the green, Finance director in the bunker, and 3 of us knew walking to the green that we would be playing the bunker.  You had to take 4 tee shots per person, this was the 8th hole and it was the first time his ball was in play (barring the 4th hole when his ball was still sat on the tee peg..)

With a long back 9, it seemed the right play - they guy didn't take it too well though.

haha incred, such comedy rubdowns available when a shit person pulls off an ok shot.

When are we going to get a round in grandad?

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #587 on: February 20, 2010, 05:46:29 AM »

Just read a couple of your last posts James and it seems you are still keen with your golf Smiley.

A lot of poker players are getting into golf which is excellent including Karl James and JP.

Akenhead only started 3 months ago but I'd like to take a bet with someone that he is an 18 handicap by the end of the year. Pure natural ability.

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
Dry em
Hit Squad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #588 on: February 20, 2010, 09:27:15 AM »

Just read a couple of your last posts James and it seems you are still keen with your golf Smiley.

A lot of poker players are getting into golf which is excellent including Karl James and JP.

Akenhead only started 3 months ago but I'd like to take a bet with someone that he is an 18 handicap by the end of the year. Pure natural ability.

Yes pls...

lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #589 on: February 20, 2010, 09:32:23 AM »

Yes pls...

Is this Karl? I dunno why I specifically said James as you were super impressive when we played that scramble, I couldn't believe how consistently you were hammering that ball down the middle. JP got good at the end too he just needs to play more.

I'll NEVER forget that tee shot he hit, if he just caught the ball it would have been burned into the back of my brain every time I play golf and would never take the game seriously again.

To describe the shot to golfers out there, he's tee'd it up with a driver and taken an almighty smash at it. I have no idea how but this ball has gone about 5 feet in the air and about 3 feet forwards. He generally takes a few steps after the ball when he hits it and I swear to god he walked in front of the ball before it landed he could have caught it! Our caddie couldn't contain himself and neither could I.

<3 ENSUING
Dry em
Hit Squad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #590 on: February 20, 2010, 09:47:46 AM »

We played a lot since we saw you and JP has gotten a lot better...

Since we're on golf anecdotes...amusing one from our last round - playing the Montgomerie course in Dubai. Jp had gone home and so me and James were playing by ourselves. At the 1st tee we discovered we had been teamed up with 2 sharks. They promptly hammered there's down the middle so I was super nervous for the 1st tee shot. Luckily my drives had been getting good recently so should be ok....Step up and....take my 1st air shot in about 12 months. Lovely. Poor guys who were looking forward to their round must have been thinking wtf have we been landed with here...

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #591 on: February 20, 2010, 10:24:27 AM »

Why do most poker players seem to get into golf? Or were u all keen golfers before poker?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
marcro

View Profile
« Reply #592 on: February 20, 2010, 11:03:52 AM »

Why do most poker players seem to get into golf? Or were u all keen golfers before poker?

It is one of the few things that gets them outdoors for a bit of exercise and supports a good gamble.
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #593 on: February 21, 2010, 01:02:01 AM »

Being nervous is the worst thing in golf Karl. I had an airshot when my handicap was 5. I had just been swinging a bit flat lately and the ground was really hard. The combination of the two and hitting the ground before the ball meant that the ball sailed a good 3 inches over the ball.

<3 ENSUING
Blatch

View Profile
« Reply #594 on: February 21, 2010, 01:15:07 AM »

We need a round soon FLushy
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #595 on: February 21, 2010, 02:24:52 AM »

Horrible night of poker tonight, I was 1/20 in EPT snowfest sat with 7 seats then decided to run terrabad and come 15th. This was after busting the 2500f FTOPS super early so i was not in the best of moods, at least i was smashing up the party 300f, tilt 300f, stars 100c and EPT Monte Carlo sat.

That was until these two hands:

http://www.pokerhand.org/?5204236

http://www.pokerhand.org/?5204235

Notice the times on both of them, both pots were for the CL and both were on the pure bubble, fml!

Not long after i ran AK into KK in the MC sat and then KK into 34(ermm???) in the 100c.

Right poker moan over as i wasn't that dev'd as it left me to rail Camilo Villegas in his Semi Final, he had just gone down for the first time all match and needed to make a hole back with 2 to go, he managed to win the 18th and then the most ridic playoff went off. Not quite sure how he managed to miss a 2ft 11inch putt on the 23rd hole to win meaning they are coming back tomorrow morning, one time Camilo!!!

In the meantime i best get some sleep, 8am tee tomorrow.

popdog/elsadog

View Profile
« Reply #596 on: February 21, 2010, 02:33:29 AM »

Horrible night of poker tonight, I was 1/20 in EPT snowfest sat with 7 seats then decided to run terrabad and come 15th. This was after busting the 2500f FTOPS super early so i was not in the best of moods, at least i was smashing up the party 300f, tilt 300f, stars 100c and EPT Monte Carlo sat.

That was until these two hands:

http://www.pokerhand.org/?5204236

http://www.pokerhand.org/?5204235

Notice the times on both of them, both pots were for the CL and both were on the pure bubble, fml!

Not long after i ran AK into KK in the MC sat and then KK into 34(ermm???) in the 100c.

Right poker moan over as i wasn't that dev'd as it left me to rail Camilo Villegas in his Semi Final, he had just gone down for the first time all match and needed to make a hole back with 2 to go, he managed to win the 18th and then the most ridic playoff went off. Not quite sure how he managed to miss a 2ft 11inch putt on the 23rd hole to win meaning they are coming back tomorrow morning, one time Camilo!!!

In the meantime i best get some sleep, 8am tee tomorrow.
I see from those hands you still like to fish James ..... my kind of results those two.
Nice to see a thread about golf btw
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #597 on: February 21, 2010, 02:48:40 AM »

Oh forgot to mention that monte carlo bust was 23rd with 22 getting their €530 back, fml

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #598 on: February 21, 2010, 11:28:31 AM »

Ha i am so mad, went to bed at 5, got up at 7, course by 8. It was raining a bit and i dig into bag to find my waterproof jacket isn't in there, insta gg as i have to go buy a new one in the shop, thank god i put waterproof trousers on at home.

Anyhow i took an early lead but the weather was getting worse and worse, ended up all square on the 9th and an early exit, fck the weather imo.

At least i get a bit more sleep before watching Villegas tear it up, come on kid!

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #599 on: February 22, 2010, 12:49:19 AM »

36,169 runners in the million, incred!

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 ... 50 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: