blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 11, 2024, 04:29:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272978 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  A diary about poker and other stuff, but mostly poker
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 ... 50 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A diary about poker and other stuff, but mostly poker  (Read 156834 times)
ItsMrAlex2u

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: January 24, 2009, 02:23:04 PM »

No worse off than losing £5k of flushys money and owing it to him

Best QM ever

FACT !
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: January 24, 2009, 02:27:44 PM »

who knows what flushy may propose in lew of payment Roll Eyes
ItsMrAlex2u

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: January 24, 2009, 02:27:56 PM »

Offering to stake people is great but surely the staker has to carry some risk.

Or if they dont want any risk and any defecit would have to be paid back then thats fine too but surely in that instance the profit split should be more like 80 / 20 in favour of the player.

Anything that works for the players is great and I am really really not knocking it, i just dont get it

Best QM ever

FACT !
ItsMrAlex2u

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: January 24, 2009, 02:28:35 PM »

who knows what flushy may propose in lew of payment Roll Eyes

LoL, so "Flushy's bitches" takes on a whole new meaning

Best QM ever

FACT !
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #379 on: January 24, 2009, 02:29:37 PM »

Some people can't get a £5k bank loan..

HI HELEN!
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: January 24, 2009, 02:31:19 PM »

some people cant get £5 credit down the offlicence!
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #381 on: January 24, 2009, 02:32:14 PM »

some people cant get £5 credit down the offlicence!

FFS, who told you about that?? I'll kill him...

HI HELEN!
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: January 24, 2009, 02:32:20 PM »

Or some can end up a lot deeper in make up then 5k since variance can be a bitch
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #383 on: January 24, 2009, 02:33:09 PM »

Yeah but you would have to be pretty tez to end up in more than $5k makeup... Wouldn't you?? ..

HI HELEN!
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #384 on: January 24, 2009, 02:35:45 PM »

Yeah but you would have to be pretty tez to end up in more than $5k makeup... Wouldn't you?? ..

lol

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
ItsMrAlex2u

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: January 24, 2009, 02:36:30 PM »

The £5k bank loan thing was a hypothetical point, but if thats the case and a horse takes Flushy's staking offer on, then what would that horse then do if they got $5-10k deep into make up and had to call it a day?

Then where/how could the horse pay it back?

Once again, just to confirm I am not being critical, I think flushys stable is great and is doing brilliantly but it just seems odd that the staker is taking no risk

Best QM ever

FACT !
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #386 on: January 24, 2009, 02:41:08 PM »

Why might we need to call it a day? I am sure if it were for very unforeseen circumstances then there might be a different view to paying back.

But if I was to turn around tomorrow and say, i dont wanna play on makeup now - i'm gonna play on my own money, i can't see how that is fair to the staker? He is putting his money in us long term, and we should be playing long term rather than quitting when deep in makeup no?

If we are absolutely tez and running up $13k makeup or something and Flushy feels we are not the player he thought then surely he would have to cut us off and write off the $13k no?

HI HELEN!
ItsMrAlex2u

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: January 24, 2009, 02:50:04 PM »

Why might we need to call it a day? I am sure if it were for very unforeseen circumstances then there might be a different view to paying back.

But if I was to turn around tomorrow and say, i dont wanna play on makeup now - i'm gonna play on my own money, i can't see how that is fair to the staker? He is putting his money in us long term, and we should be playing long term rather than quitting when deep in makeup no?

If we are absolutely tez and running up $13k makeup or something and Flushy feels we are not the player he thought then surely he would have to cut us off and write off the $13k no?

This is exactly my point. Yes as I understand staking, this would be Flushys risk, but in his reply to me on the previous page, Flushy said that he would expect a player in make up to pay back the debt if they quit or he booted them out. If they have to pay it back then flushy has no risk !!
It seems that your understanding is the same as mine, but it may not be Flushy's...... did you read the T's and C's !!!?

Best QM ever

FACT !
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #388 on: January 24, 2009, 02:54:43 PM »

This is exactly my point. Yes as I understand staking, this would be Flushys risk, but in his reply to me on the previous page, Flushy said that he would expect a player in make up to pay back the debt if they quit or he booted them out. If they have to pay it back then flushy has no risk !!
It seems that your understanding is the same as mine, but it may not be Flushy's...... did you read the T's and C's !!!?

LOLOL, I obviously never! But I would expect that if I were to be booted that the debt is Flushy's or the same with any other backer! Either that or he can keep me on and hope I can play my way out (which he does anyway - atm!). IMO, if I was to walk to play from my own £, then I should make some sort of arrangement. But if I were to be sacked then it should be his loss to take?

I didn't see this comment you were on about before replying to your posts!

HI HELEN!
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #389 on: January 24, 2009, 02:54:53 PM »

Flushy said "I would hope that if someone wanted out they would wait till they are clear of MU or arrange to pay it off."

That means if someone wants out, not if Flushy cuts the supply unless I read this wrong.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 ... 50 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: