blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:06:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Learning Centre (Moderators: Longy, JungleCat03)
| | | |-+  How the **** did I do that?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How the **** did I do that?  (Read 3801 times)
david3103

View Profile
« on: September 18, 2008, 05:04:21 PM »

I just ran $10 up to $55 at /10c on Riley's(888)

What I want to know now is was that exceptionally lucky, or did I play well?

But I can't work out where the hand history is on my pc. I can get to it on the website, but the presentation is pretty but doesn't seem to be copyable

here's one big hand ....

Btn  - $10.43
SB (ME) - 24.63
BB -    8.70
UTG - -  3.50
UTG+1 - 11.44
CO - - 14.10

I get 

UTG raises $1
CO calls
I call

Flop

I check
UTG checks
CO bets $3.30
I call - - I figured that I had the likelihood of my overcards being good if I hit one or other of them, plus the nut flush draw and that I could re-evaluate if the turn didn't hep and I faced another bet
UTG folds

Turn - -

Check check Oh thank you thank you yes please, a free card

River - - 

I bet $6.95  an attempt at a value bet....
CO raises all in to $9.80

I call   

This wasn't untypical of the session and pretty much every time I went to showdown I got paid which meant that I also got paid on a fair number of hands that didn't go to the end. Some of which I was winning, some I doubt I was even close to.

I think it would be healthy for me to hear how badly I played this one hand so that I don't get carried away and step up the levels too far!

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Charlie44

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 09:24:47 PM »

I dont know if Im qualified to comment as I only play micro limits myself but here goes.

Pre flop - imo calling is bad here. The 10 blind bet by UTG is very surpirising. If you nothing about him or he has been reasonably solid so far I think its a fold. He could well be dominating you with AK or worse AA. Also you are out of position and will be first to act which is a distinct disadvantage. If the UTG has a history and a bit of maniac, the caller may well know this and be calling with a mediocre hand, therefore you are probably in front. But out of position you probably want to end the hand now. I would re-raise to about 5$ , and be happy if they fold.

Flop.

I may fold this as well depending what I know about players. The odds of getting the another club are about 4-1, So by putting $3.30 in pot if the club hits you need to expect to win at least $13.  6$ in now - is he really going to put another 7$ in with 4 clubs on the board. Being first to act you'll have to put in - is he going to call with perhaps top pair ? . It would have been worse still if the pre flop raiser had a big stack as he could he easily be check raising with AK.

River.

I prefer a smaller bet - perhaps 30% of pot (3$) . If he hasnt got a club he cant call a big bet. The other issue is of course that you dont have the nuts. He could have QcJc although this is unlikely, and its an easy call on the end .

Sorry about sounding so harsh but you did say it would be healthy for you and its only my humble opinion.
Ismene

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 09:35:25 PM »

Pre - Jam

Flop - Jam

Turn - Jam

River - Jam.
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 10:16:17 PM »

Nicely done running up the dosh david.

Sorry charlie but i feel inclined to comment on your judgments...

Pre flop - imo calling is bad here. The 10 blind bet by UTG is very surpirising. If you nothing about him or he has been reasonably solid so far I think its a fold.

Dude, no way, AQ is golden at micro limits here.

Flop.

I may fold this as well depending what I know about players.

Ace is probably good, Queen might be good, Club is obviously good. How can you just pass here?!

The other issue is of course that you dont have the nuts. He could have QcJc although this is unlikely.
It's not unlikely, it's not even extremely unlikely, it's more unlikely than that

Ismene has it about right, except possibly the turn...

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 11:00:45 AM »

Pre - Jam

Flop - Jam

Turn - Jam

River - Jam.

Is that based on the micro-stakes level or is it that just your line generally with AQo?

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 01:44:37 PM »

I'm quite sure that this is based on the stakes level rather than the hand.

I've never played these microstakes before and I'd be interested to know what the oppo had to be raising up to 10 bbs.

Is this a standard raise at these levels or do people still do the 3bb raise that you get at other levels.

If you raise to 3bbs do you tend to get 6 fishy calls? If so then that helps define your oppos hand.

Charlie. I wouldn't be too concerned about AA or AK in this situation pre flop. If you fold AQ to every big raise you will soon find that people are pushing you off a lot of pots.

AQ is a big hand. When you hit the nut flush draw on the flop then you should be doing everything you can to coerce all of the money in to the middle.

I would be interested to know what your oppo had.

Does the HH not show this.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 02:56:33 PM »

I would be interested to know what your oppo had.

Does the HH not show this.

he had 

Charlie44

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2008, 02:11:01 PM »

Nicely done running up the dosh david.

Sorry charlie but i feel inclined to comment on your judgments...

Pre flop - imo calling is bad here. The 10 blind bet by UTG is very surpirising. If you nothing about him or he has been reasonably solid so far I think its a fold.

Dude, no way, AQ is golden at micro limits here.

Flop.

I may fold this as well depending what I know about players.

Ace is probably good, Queen might be good, Club is obviously good. How can you just pass here?!

The other issue is of course that you dont have the nuts. He could have QcJc although this is unlikely.
It's not unlikely, it's not even extremely unlikely, it's more unlikely than that

Ismene has it about right, except possibly the turn...

Thanks for your comments MC. No need to apologise I think thats how we all learn by constructive criticism. I note your points but still feel the same.

I have played micro stakes for a while and whilst you do have some maniacs generally in my experience the players are generally betting according to their cards holdings.  So unless any history I am assuming 10 BBs UTG is a premium hand. JJ is consistent but could easily have been better. Generally I would think of the range AA - JJ and AK, AQ. Playing AQ out of position against these range of cards can't be profitable poker in the long run. 2/3 of the times you miss and are you really going to call a contuation bet  with A high ? And even if you hit you coul be beaten and loose a lot of money. If I do have history of big regular bets pre-flop then this a different matter - but I would prefer to raise here to try and get control of the pot.

After the flop I take the point about A and Q being outs. Although if you accept my assumption about premium hands, A is only an out against QQ JJ or AQ (split), and Q only against  JJ and AQ (split). I think it's a close call . As the hand played out it was good fortune that the oppo had a J clubs to induce the big call on the river.

MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2008, 04:29:53 PM »

Fair play man...tbh you are much more experienced to comment on micro stakes than me. So your 10BB raise assessment sounds good in fairness.

Just don't outthink yourself too much if you flop a monster Smiley

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
Charlie44

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2008, 04:50:55 PM »

Fair play man...tbh you are much more experienced to comment on micro stakes than me. So your 10BB raise assessment sounds good in fairness.

Just don't outthink yourself too much if you flop a monster Smiley

Noted. Try not to !!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: